? servers

? players online

Partnership With Gaming Community Central (GCC)

• Content Count:  11501

Hello everyone,

I am excited to announce that we are officially partnered with Gaming Community Central (GCC). Some of you may have heard of them, but they are essentially a community for gaming communities (say that ten times fast). They take some of the top communities around and bring them together to do a multitude of things, such as creating inter-community events. We were looking at joining them about six months ago - unfortunately, due to some conflict that we apparently had with another community that demanded we demote certain members, we decided it was best for us to steer-clear. After some more talks with el jefe (Empathetic Peacemaker) and determining that the other community was no longer involved with GCC, the Board and marketing team here decided that joining GCC will be a huge step forward for SG. This does not mean we are selling, giving away a percentage, merging, etc. It is just a group of communities that mingle together for a common goal.

Empathetic Peacemaker runs the show at GCC along with some other great people. I have not had the pleasure of meeting all of them yet, but Peacemaker is a great guy - here is his message to us:

Hey everybody!

My name is The Empathetic Peacemaker. I used to be the Director of Community Engagement at HeLLsGamers. While there, I helped create and oversee the HGCE Branch of HG, which includes seven different committees.

I'm here to discuss some big news about an organization our team has worked very hard to create and market over the past year or so, along with some good news about us moving forward.

I'm happy to announce that our organization, Gaming Community Central (GCC for short) has officially partnered with Steam-Gamers! I'm also happy to announce that Caution and Prez have chosen to serve as Advisors for GCC, while BlackRain, Leon Mordecai, andAll Ts will serve as the three Steam-GamersCommunity Ambassadors!

GCC was founded on the belief that server-based gaming communities were missing key opportunities to network and help each other out with achieving common goals. To do this, GCC is taking a three-pronged approach to increase inter-community activity: cross-community events, an aggregated news page, and our inclusive but principled GCC membership opportunity. By doing so, we hope to create a network of partnership and growth based on respect, fairness and cooperation that supports all communities involved.

If that sounds like something you wanna be a part of, then you're in luck. We're looking for new staff members, so be sure to check out our open staff positions and contact me on Steam so we can work out the details. Keep in mind that if you currently hold a staff position in a community, you will be held to a stricter screening process and higher standards to prevent any conflicts of interest.

Check out our website to learn more about our organization and its plans to move forward here. Also, be sure to join our Discord to keep up with updates about GCC!

We're excited to start collaborating with SG and look forward to taking advantage of some fantastic opportunities to connect with SG and other communities :d

Social Media

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamingcommunitycentral

Twitch:

Discord: https://discord.me/gccofficial

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLqrnChftfFcZdcGSdggRrQ

To touch on what 'Advisors' and 'Ambassadors' are: As advisors, Prez and myself will essentially be acting behind the scenes. We are the two top ranking people representing SG, and are there pretty much if any issues arise or if there is anything top-priority that needs to be handled. Black rain, All Ts, and Leon Mordecai will serve as ambassadors, meaning they will handle day-to-day operations. While they will not literally be day-to-day, they involve things like community events, outreach, and any general information or participation needed from our community.

I have spoken with Peacemaker plenty of times about some of his plans for GCC, and I strongly believe that he is taking it in the right direction. While I won't divulge everything we have discussed, I definitely look forward to our future with GCC! There are going to be events and things coming up shortly and (hopefully) on a recurring basis - I do not want to use this thread for that, but simply for the announcement of our official partnership. The Marketing Team will be keeping all of you updated on any events that are happening in the future for GCC!

Thanks

• Like 42

• Content Count:  4441

This is a good opportunity for the community and I'm confident that our relationship will be a positive one. A lot of the events we run here and that the GCC runs are ridiculously cool and there is going to so many oppurtunies opened up due to this. I know some of you have heard about some negative situations or have a negative view of the GCC in the past but I want to make it clear that none of that was on Peacemaker and was as result of a lot of ridiculously unprofessional positions taken by some other uncooperative communities. All of that is in the past and I can say with confidence the GCC is full of the highest quality, most professional communities and this is a great step for SG. If you guys have any questions or concerns related this we're more than happy to discuss.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread