? servers

? players online

Immediate Action

• Content Count:  452

5 hours ago, Steel_ said:

Honestly, I think myself and a lot of other people are ready to give up on CS.

I understand, there's nothing wrong with taking a break. 

5 hours ago, Steel_ said:

I don't know if you've checked the past events but the most successful ones are the non CS ones. No one wants to do events for it and trying to get past 10 players is nearly impossible for the seeders.

Hey gamer, no reason why CS events can't top the non ones. I'd also argue 10 players enjoying an event is worth the time and effort.

6 hours ago, Steel_ said:

Even if we check gametracker, the majority of the top servers in NA right now are either for movement or PVP.

If we build it, they'll come.

6 hours ago, Steel_ said:

You've said you want to commit yourself to the community and watch your "beloved" JB rise up again in your admin application but if you really want to apply yourself and put in the work for it then I would recommend the events team before anything. There are more than enough admins right now in my opinion and the events team wouldn't hurt with more events being made. 

I'm committed to the cause, and applying myself at the moment where comfortable. Not opposed to becoming a member of the ET in the future. Generally speaking, I'm sure there are more admins than needed to meet the current needs of the servers. Assuming they all still play and are willing to respond. This post was made to see what new ideas are out there, not sway the admin app in anyway. 

• Content Count:  1920

I too miss the days of jailbreak hitting high pops and the mayhem that ensued. In my honest opinion, I don't think there is a way to "save" Jailbreak. I think a major demographic shift occurred in terms of what was the majority of JB's playerbase. Most of those players are now in the latter end of college or fully out into the real world and playing some CS:GO community server is the last thing on their minds. The newer generation of teens playing FPSs shoot for games like Valorant or Fortnite.

I honestly think the most use of Jailbreak at this point would be to plan big events like a few times a month and try and pool up a big amount of people for those. That's our best shot at a lively server-- when there's something planned out people can really look forward to and set a spot in their schedule to join. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  238

2 hours ago, Phoenix_ said:

I honestly think the most use of Jailbreak at this point would be to plan big events like a few times a month and try and pool up a big amount of people for those. That's our best shot at a lively server-- when there's something planned out people can really look forward to and set a spot in their schedule to join. 

But when will these "planned" events happen? I have seen little to no events or anything being pumped out of any of the teams in a while. We have been discussing ways to revive pop and all, but little to nothing has come out of ANY of these threads. I know there was a recent community meeting that discussed the future of SG and all, and there were very good topics being discussed, but nothing has come out of those discussions. I know if I want events I should suggest some, but instead of the players "actively" suggesting events constantly how about we get some fresh events in different games like gmod, vr events, etc from the ACTUAL EVENTS TEAM themselves?

• Content Count:  452

3 hours ago, Phoenix_ said:

The newer generation of teens playing FPSs shoot for games like Valorant or Fortnite.

I've been playing Warzone in my free time the past few years and it's to the point where cheaters ruin the experience more times than not. I believe there is an opportunity to gain gamers with similar experiences and bring them to CS:GO community servers. Every mainstream mp game right now is infested with cheaters, why not come play jailbreak, ttt, surf, etc.

• Content Count:  927

19 hours ago, Gumline said:

Dominic was the first person to post on this thread with substance. 4 title holders shit posting, the negativity needs to end, it's sad! 

We must restore positivity to the forums, and population to our servers. 

The irony.

19 hours ago, Gumline said:

I'd love to see Tropical Island added to the rotation if someone could remove the deagle spawner, or just add it as is and punish anyone who tries to crash the server. Let the war day stay, it adds a nice change of pace. Give the chance for CTs to win an easy round, and we'll still probably get rekt unless an Abomination/H4X0R is on CT.

Electric razor/vipinthemix event: First weekend of each month the server has both maps in constant rotation. Whichever CT and T get the most kills earn a new award titled "Weekend Warrior" and get bragging rights till next event.

It'd be awesome to get to the point again where you can connect to the server, join a team, and have fun. Right now you connect and hope others join.

I'm sorry, but one event for a weekend each month will never cut it. Nor is adding one map, no matter how good you think it is. The core problem is that we lost our core JB / SG members + staff. Not having a base group of people who can regularly get on and get the server started is the key difference between our server and the top ones now. For the most part, JB has always had active staff members. The SMs used to always communicate with one another as well as the CAs and SAs in the server talk. Plus they were pretty active. 

I respect and understand that you and some others don't want to give up on it, but the likelihood of JB making a comeback to the level you think it can is extremely improbable. You can quote this and say it aint true but unless you, Dominic, or any "old head" can come up with ideas and take initiatives that other people haven't done yet, I suggest doing more than creating a thread asking for ideas (which has been done 100 times). 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

54 minutes ago, Chad said:

The irony.

I'm sorry, but one event for a weekend each month will never cut it. Nor is adding one map, no matter how good you think it is. The core problem is that we lost our core JB / SG members + staff. Not having a base group of people who can regularly get on and get the server started is the key difference between our server and the top ones now. For the most part, JB has always had active staff members. The SMs used to always communicate with one another as well as the CAs and SAs in the server talk. Plus they were pretty active. 

I respect and understand that you and some others don't want to give up on it, but the likelihood of JB making a comeback to the level you think it can is extremely improbable. You can quote this and say it aint true but unless you, Dominic, or any "old head" can come up with ideas and take initiatives that other people haven't done yet, I suggest doing more than creating a thread asking for ideas (which has been done 100 times). 

🤓⚒️  You are a cancerfuck and you are shitposting in this thread🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ .  Let him have a thread asking about the server. He doesn't have to do anything more than create this thread if he doesn't want to either. He knows the servers is dead and has little to no help left. He created this thread cause he wants to see it do better. Next week when 24/7 INVASION or w.e the fuck loses it's spot in the top 20 on Squad to one of identical thousand servers it would be nice to have JB do well. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, All Ts said:

🤓⚒️  You are a cancerfuck and you are shitposting in this thread🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ 🤓⚒️ .  Let him have a thread asking about the server. He doesn't have to do anything more than create this thread if he doesn't want to either. He knows the servers is dead and has little to no help left. He created this thread cause he wants to see it do better.

🤡🤡 Yea.... creating a thread asking the same thing and getting the same answers is gonna make a difference. Also, let me not suggest anything even though I want change to happen  🤡🤡🤡🤡

11 hours ago, All Ts said:

Next week when 24/7 INVASION or w.e the fuck loses it's spot in the top 20 on Squad to one of identical thousand servers it would be nice to have JB do well. 

I honestly can't really tell why you're trying to roast Squad when I brought up legit points regarding the problem even though it doesn't side with your beliefs about the server. Plus, you want our server to go downhill? So glad you came back. 🤡

• Content Count:  5674

Did this guy really just tell him to come up with ideas and take initiative? Bro.. taking initiative is the server manager's job. This thread is more than enough initiative for a regular player. And I gave you two extremely beneficial, bare minimum ideas.. monthly T and CT rank events. And if you don't think those will do anything you're delusional and don't understand the population of Jailbreak. I don't have the time or energy to get on the server, think of ideas, make suggestions, but I don't need to have played the server recently to see no one's doing anything with it. There hasn't been a Jailbreak event in months. Seriously think for a second. You don't think if you got an event going every week and a bunch of people came on that it would somehow create a trend, people staying on after the event is over, people wanting to jumpstart the population the next day because they had so much fun? 

If you think Jailbreak is done because of regulars and staff being gone, cool. But I said it once and I'll say it until someone bans me for being mean about it: this server could do well if someone fucking tried. There's been two events for Jailbreak since the start of the year, and it looks like they're both just Jailbreak, but specific maps? There's been two changelogs since the start of the year, one was pretty cool. There's been one sort of decent attempt from staff to reach out to the community and see what they like / dislike. This is the sort of activity that's justifiable when the server is thriving and you don't really need to touch it. If the people running the show don't give a shit about Jailbreak enough, they think it's dead or hopeless or whatever, promote someone else. There's always gonna be someone that wants the job. 

Do you know how easy it is to run something like Protect the President, an event literally everyone used to go crazy for? BoTo literally created a plugin for it, it's simple as shit. You have an entire Events Team, you have a couple admins that give a shit about the server, they just need someone above them that can direct them properly. Admins vs. Members people used to love, Juggernaut was always a hit. And yes, the population that you garner during these events matters immensely in a time like this. If the server is always empty, no homeless Jailbreak player or interested wanderer from eGO is gonna join. But if the server is popping off on a Friday night and maybe even a Saturday night every weekend and they join in and like it, that's one more person you have under your belt. 

I don't know what else I need to say to convince you "glass half empty" motherfuckers that the server isn't as hopeless as you think, but I've said enough. Promote one of these Jailbreak kiddos to server manager, what do you have to lose? Lmfao.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Did this guy really just tell him to come up with ideas and take initiative? Bro.. taking initiative is the server manager's job. This thread is more than enough initiative for a regular player. And I gave you two extremely beneficial, bare minimum ideas.. monthly T and CT rank events. And if you don't think those will do anything you're delusional and don't understand the population of Jailbreak.

If anything, you're the delusional one. You haven't been here in over a year and acting like things are the same from when you played. You know why there haven't been many events for JB? Because barely anybody shows up to them. They are the same ones every time and get boring after a couple of them. I will agree and say that they used to be really fun and popular back when we had more JB members and had a lot more traction in the community server scene, but times have change. I don't know why that part doesn't make sense to you.

I don't have the time or energy to get on the server, think of ideas, make suggestions, but I don't need to have played the server recently to see no one's doing anything with it. There hasn't been a Jailbreak event in months. Seriously think for a second. You don't think if you got an event going every week and a bunch of people came on that it would somehow create a trend, people staying on after the event is over, people wanting to jumpstart the population the next day because they had so much fun? 

Cool. Continue complaining about the dead server instead of wanting to contribute. You clearly have enough energy to do that.

If you think Jailbreak is done because of regulars and staff being gone, cool. But I said it once and I'll say it until someone bans me for being mean about it: this server could do well if someone fucking tried. There's been two events for Jailbreak since the start of the year, and it looks like they're both just Jailbreak, but specific maps? There's been two changelogs since the start of the year, one was pretty cool. There's been one sort of decent attempt from staff to reach out to the community and see what they like / dislike. This is the sort of activity that's justifiable when the server is thriving and you don't really need to touch it. If the people running the show don't give a shit about Jailbreak enough, they think it's dead or hopeless or whatever, promote someone else. There's always gonna be someone that wants the job. 

People have tried. Ask myself, ZZL, or Dom. We tried pushing out lots of events, changelogs, and getting on constantly to do fun rounds. But you can put all the effort you want into something but it doesn't mean it's going to work out. Sometimes you need to swallow the truth and move on.

I can't speak on what the current SM is doing because that's his server now. I'll just agree and say he should be doing a lot more to push stuff out.

Do you know how easy it is to run something like Protect the President, an event literally everyone used to go crazy for? BoTo literally created a plugin for it, it's simple as shit. You have an entire Events Team, you have a couple admins that give a shit about the server, they just need someone above them that can direct them properly. Admins vs. Members people used to love, Juggernaut was always a hit. And yes, the population that you garner during these events matters immensely in a time like this. If the server is always empty, no homeless Jailbreak player or interested wanderer from eGO is gonna join. But if the server is popping off on a Friday night and maybe even a Saturday night every weekend and they join in and like it, that's one more person you have under your belt. 

Yes, I clearly know how easy it is to run PtP. I've ran every event that you will mention. And you wanna know why that works? Because we had members that actively enjoyed playing JB and getting their friends on. Where are they know? Where are the consistent admins that we used to have? That's right... burnt out / enjoying other games more. 

Promote one of these Jailbreak kiddos to server manager, what do you have to lose? Lmfao.

We don't have anything to lose. This is probably the only statement I agree with you on. 

Tbh, I don't feel like sitting down and typing all the shit I wanted to respond with. You and Gumline clearly think it's savable and I and others don't. I will be the first to tell you that I want all of our servers to be active and thriving again like they used to. I miss hoping in teamspeak / discord and just playing with some members and having a blast. But please, accept some of the reality. 

• Content Count:  5674

I don't know how you can call it delusion for thinking the bare minimum that can be done is a couple monthly events and that they'd do something at least. Obviously things aren't the same as when I was here, I understand what time does. But you're telling me you just don't run events because people didn't show up? So create an incentive for showing up to the event, mix two events together to form something more creative, ask the community what type of event they'd want maybe? It just seems like you're saying you did everything by the book and it didn't work out so now the server is helpless. 

I understand what it's like running a dead server, I understand what it does to someone's motivation, but I'm also openminded enough to have always looked through a different lens and not called whatever server it was a lost cause. You seem a little defensive on the issue because you managed the server at some point and it didn't go how you wanted it to. I managed the server too, in its prime and at a time where it wasn't doing well. In any case I recognized that the only way to move it forward was to put energy into it. I will continue making comments about the server, I don't see how you wouldn't view that as a contribution in and of itself. Just because I don't have the energy to get on the server anymore and write paragraphs upon paragraphs of suggestions like I used to doesn't mean I don't give a shit. 

Don't ever quote me and make a sly remark about not wanting to contribute to Jailbreak ever again. I did my time building that server, years of it. I think I have every right to waltz my way into this section and say my piece about not enough being done to save it.

Reply to Thread