? servers

? players online

Immediate Action

• Content Count:  927

2 hours ago, Dominic said:

I don't know how you can call it delusion for thinking the bare minimum that can be done is a couple monthly events and that they'd do something at least. Obviously things aren't the same as when I was here, I understand what time does.

Its delusion because the bare minimum will not lead to any real change. Zero Two has tried seeding JB constantly and has seen very little results. Hawks & Hunter has tried with TTT and have had the same luck. Retakes would get some traction but that would only last for however long our members stayed. Afaik, retakes consisted mostly of our members. So if they left, then the server pop. would die. 

But you're telling me you just don't run events because people didn't show up? 

I can't speak for the events team. But the way I see it, why continue running the same events if nobody shows up? Allocate those members to creating events for servers that have a better chance of utilizing them. 

So create an incentive for showing up to the event, mix two events together to form something more creative, ask the community what type of event they'd want maybe?

I did. There's a pinned thread in the JB section that I created so people could post event suggestions. 

It just seems like you're saying you did everything by the book and it didn't work out so now the server is helpless. 

Everyone has been doing everything by the book. The players liked what they liked and didn't want a big shift in gameplay. That's why JB never had a warden system. I was actually contemplating adding it in hopes we could create and/or edit rules that would still make gameplay similar to what everyone was used to. I knew people would threaten to leave or actually leave, but when you are grabbing players from the outside that like that system, it could have balanced out. I can't speak for the other servers and their managers, so I don't know why they never tried something extreme. But that's not the topic at hand.

I understand what it's like running a dead server, I understand what it does to someone's motivation, but I'm also openminded enough to have always looked through a different lens and not called whatever server it was a lost cause. You seem a little defensive on the issue because you managed the server at some point and it didn't go how you wanted it to.

I mean, all I was doing was defending my thoughts. Also, during my time as SM it was going the way that I wanted for the most part lmao. But again, you wouldn't know since you weren't here. And no, that's not a shot at you for what happened.

I managed the server too, in its prime and at a time where it wasn't doing well. In any case I recognized that the only way to move it forward was to put energy into it. I will continue making comments about the server, I don't see how you wouldn't view that as a contribution in and of itself. Just because I don't have the energy to get on the server anymore and write paragraphs upon paragraphs of suggestions like I used to doesn't mean I don't give a shit. 

I appreciate you and whoever still cares about the server. But like I stated before, complaining about how bad the server is doing and not suggesting anything to help make it not where it is will result in nothing being changed. It's like you give a shit but don't give a shit since you aren't actually doing anything that contributes to the success of the server. You can go through the JB section suggesting things constantly. They post their idea and the community gives them feedback on what they do and don't like about it and even what can be done to make it better. That is partly what you need to actually make change.

Don't ever quote me and make a sly remark about not wanting to contribute to Jailbreak ever again. I did my time building that server, years of it. I think I have every right to waltz my way into this section and say my piece about not enough being done to save it.

You see, making a comment like this makes YOU defensive. What's funny is that I didn't even mention your past. Saying "continue complaining about the dead server instead of wanting to contribute" clearly is referring to you in today's world, not years ago. I'm honestly not sure why you would make that sort of reach.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

5 minutes ago, Chad said:

You see, making a comment like this makes YOU defensive. What's funny is that I didn't even mention your past. Saying "continue complaining about the dead server instead of wanting to contribute" clearly is referring to you in today's world, not years ago. I'm honestly not sure why you would make that sort of reach.

Well, yes, I was defensive about this. You don't need to be a detective to figure that one out. I didn't say you mentioned my past, but I brought it up. Obviously you're referring to me in today's world, and I'm telling you that in today's world I've already done years of contributing to the server and I don't need to be called upon to do anything more than make an opinion post at this point. I wasn't reaching at all, you made a snarky remark about contributions when in reality my posts here are more of a contribution than most people are making nowadays, wouldn't you say? Perhaps it will inspire someone to do something, spark an idea in someone's mind, something? Please tell me what more I need to do for it to not seem like a complaint and more like a contribution? The shit you said just made no sense.

I'm not gonna respond to anything else because I think we'll go in circles but we can argue all day about what was done right and what went wrong, nothing is gonna change if there's no one who wants things to change. Seeding isn't enough. All I hear is that word nonstop. Someone, especially someone with the title of server manager, needs to do a lot more than seed the server. Sorry but that's the reality. There's that word: reality. The reality is that Jailbreak needs more effort than just trying to get people to play it and love it. You're beating a dead horse. More power to the people who are seeding the server though, I'm not saying it's not worth it or that you're doing nothing. But something more needs to happen if anyone truly wants to see the server back on its feet.

• Content Count:  634

Maybe, just f*****g maybe, the problem is that the people that have been perma banned were the people that made JB fun in the first place. hackers sure no place for them. but the trolls made JB what it is for the people who cant get easy 1v5 rounds on T. personally id rather see a CT kill a troll every round with interesting orders, than see them banned for 6 months so they will never join the server again. BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS, AND YOUR JB COMMUNITY HAS BEEN BEGGING FOR A WHILE NOW.

JB is a roleplay server and without some weird or dumb s**t happening everyday no one gives a fuck about it. Its not a p***o film from the 80's, you play it for the storyline, and that storyline dried up harder than the actors in said films.

Whatever damage has been done to the old player base's trust will never be gotten back at this point, and as every thread has stated there is next to no new way to find a new player base now that cs is in a decline.

I love the JB server, but when I take a break for 6 months and come back to a blatant hacker running CT side everyday by being the loudest voice, Not to mention the fact that he was grooming younger members to follow his ideals, I LOSE (LOST) ALOT OF FAITH IN THE CAPABILITIES OF OUR HIGHER MANAGEMENT, to be true to the thoughts and opinions of its regular player base.

and now, while writing this post, I know that this post may get deleted, without notification, and my words silenced because a staff member thinks it is potentially destructive or does not follow the narrative of SG.

the server makes sg no money so who cares about it, oh wait not like its the reason I am a dono and will be aslong as I have an income.

Trickle down economics are a big deal, and I believe it is what is happening here.  The higher up staff should be willing to take one for the team once in a f*****g while rather than letting their need to be the one in the right, or the one to explain everything and have the final description. In my opinion if you don't have anything new to post here, if you just want to post what has been posted in other threads, Bugger off back to those threads.

when was the last time someone streamed JB to twitch?

ask yourself when the last time you spent a whole weekend playing JB and enjoying it was, and who was around to enjoy it with you. Keep those who came before you, back in a time where a servers progress wasn't a flagrant idea, in your minds.

Kill the server, drag the community down with it, who the f**k cares anymore other than those who were around when it was thriving. oh wait f**k them too right, unless they agree with the agenda of course! cancel culture head ass.

in light of all this negative, I want to throw a huge shout out to @Zero Twofor the massive amounts of effort he has and continues to put into the server. without him right now, the server would be legitimately dead.  I have no clue what running a server is like or what goes into it on a staff level, but I'm sure it is no fun task!  this man will reach out to me on steam to tell me about new updates and fixes and to try and get some Reg love put back into the server. you sir are a godsend and I need to start reciprocating some of that energy you are putting into the server.

• Like 1
Edited by The Real Slim Jim
Those who need to see the original still can, to all others you can read what is meant for you.

• Content Count:  4441

On 6/26/2022 at 11:18 PM, All Ts said:

Next week when 24/7 INVASION or w.e the fuck loses it's spot in the top 20 on Squad to one of identical thousand servers it would be nice to have JB do well. 

Squad:

abd019f95cb33ce3e060302ac65414cc.png

JB: 

f461e859209635e5fab75886fb44969e.png

Tbh JB is kinda popping off in comparison, the numbers do NOT lie. Squad is a dead af game for old people.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  169

3 hours ago, All Ts said:

Squad:

abd019f95cb33ce3e060302ac65414cc.png

JB: 

f461e859209635e5fab75886fb44969e.png

Tbh JB is kinda popping off in comparison, the numbers do NOT lie. Squad is a dead af game for old people.

The difference here was that there was 1000+ unique members that joined and multiple members spending 15+ hours throughout the week just playing our server. Not to mention it got our name somewhat out there considering it made the top pages for a week straight. Meanwhile JB has the same 14 players joining for an hour. 

• Content Count:  560

7 minutes ago, Steel_ said:

The difference here was that there was 1000+ unique members that joined and multiple members spending 15+ hours throughout the week just playing our server. Not to mention it got our name somewhat out there considering it made the top pages for a week straight. Meanwhile JB has the same 14 players joining for an hour. 

if a 1000 plus unique people joined but it still has 0 pop that should tell you something about the experience they had on the server 🥱

• Like 4

• Content Count:  169

39 minutes ago, carrollton said:

if a 1000 plus unique people joined but it still has 0 pop that should tell you something about the experience they had on the server 🥱

If people kept joining for a week until the server had met their needs then I would call that a success. It’s easy to insult the work that we put in that week, especially when you’ve been nothing more but a low-tier and biased CS admin. Jealousy is a bitch, huh?

• Content Count:  560

1 hour ago, Steel_ said:

If people kept joining for a week until the server had met their needs then I would call that a success. It’s easy to insult the work that we put in that week, especially when you’ve been nothing more but a low-tier and biased CS admin. Jealousy is a bitch, huh?

if your calling one week of mid tier pop a success im sorry for you, also why would i have any bit of jealousy i dont play nor care about the csgo servers. youre grasping at straws and trying to deflect attention from squad to me 

• Like 2

Reply to Thread