? servers

? players online

[Jailbreak] Map Pool Assessment

• Content Count:  5674

Hello everyone,

As we make an attempt to rekindle what we've lost in our player population, our map pool becomes a crucial aspect to the server. As many of you who play the server regularly may know, a bad map can diminish the population to nothing, especially in our current state. Currently, we're running 27 maps on our server. Personally, and as per a suggestion by @Phoenix_, I think it may be best to cut this number down to 10-12 maps instead. 

Now, this heavily depends on the direction we want to take the server. However, I'm going to save that discussion for another thread. For now, I think we need to simply key in on the fact that some maps populate our server and some maps kill them. This is how it works with any server. Our priority needs to be a map rotation that doesn't leave any room for the map being the reason the server dies out - this is the absolute bare minimum we can do to ensure the server stays populated.

I'd ask that you all look at this as objectively as possible, so even if you enjoy the map personally, if you've seen the map diminish the population and you can reasonably assume it was because of the map, let us know. We can reassess any map you guys want in the future once we've garnered a more stable population, but for now we have to make some sacrifices. Additionally, if you think there's any maps we should add back, you can suggest it. I'd lean towards being very conservative with the amount of additions though.

As always though, this is up to you guys. I'm curious to hear if there's any maps you greatly dislike or if there's any that you've seen kill the population. Here is our current list for reference:

ba_jail_electric_razor_go_pb
ba_jail_electric_revamp_f3
ba_jail_minecraftparty_v9
jb_arcade_b6
jb_avalanche_csgo_b8c
jb_chicken_island
jb_clouds_pg
jb_downtown_b3
jb_dystopian_b6
jb_jailberd_v5_final_fix
jb_lego_jail_2k17_hd
jb_moonjail_sgfix_1
jb_moti2_final
jb_neon_v1_4
jb_prison_architect_v2
jb_pyrenees_v1_2
jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7-2
jb_summer_jail_hdr_fix
jb_undertale_v1e
jb_vice_v1
jb_vipinthemix_b1
jb_obama_v5_beta_fixv2
jb_marioworld_rsc_sgedit_v4
jb_peanut_v3r
jb_elwrci
ba_mlcastle_se
jb_legobels_corp_v1d

I haven't been on the server for a while, however just from eyeballing this list I'll give you what I think the ideal list would look like based on my experience in our server in the past and with other Jailbreak servers. These are undoubtedly widely popular on our server however maybe I'm missing some that have come to be extremely liked, and perhaps some of these have come to be extremely disliked:

ba_jail_electric_razor_go_pb
ba_jail_electric_revamp_f3
ba_jail_minecraftparty_v9
jb_clouds_pg
jb_lego_jail_2k17_hd
jb_moonjail_sgfix_1
jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7-2
jb_summer_jail_hdr_fix
jb_undertale_v1e
jb_vipinthemix_b1
jb_legobels_corp_v1d

I don't know some of the maps on rotation as they might've come out in recent years, and some of them I've had the privilege of playing on the server while just not being the biggest fans of them. Which is why community feedback and different perspectives on this are crucial with this. Please post your thoughts, whether you feel like commenting on one map in particular or drafting up your own ideal rotation.

Thanks.

• Like 1
Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  2162

Haven't played much recently so I won't weigh in on maps that populate vs depopulate the server. Mostly just here to throw out the idea that a popular map can kill the population once its time cycle is up, and a less popular map is elected in its place. Obviously you want some fan favorites, but imo its something to keep in mind that sometimes an overly popular map can only serve to spike the population for that map. 

That said, less is more for getting population in terms of map selection, Ive always personally been a fan of a bit of variety (hate playing razer/vip 5 times in a row), but Im sure theres still the crazy playerbase that loves those repetitive map cycles. 

Oh and one last point is that having too many good maps can lead to burnout of those maps. Can't have good without bad. Only real remedy I could think of is a semi-consistent mapcycle edit where you change out less popular maps (bi-weekly or monthly basis?)

Edited by Cept For Her

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.