Maniac

What was the game that got you into FPS?

Now the question is pretty obvious.

What FPS did you first play and how did you get started, did a friend get you into it, did you get into it on your own or was it all by accident? For me one of my real life buddies growing up was an insane 1.6 player. I went to his house one day and he asked if I wanted to play after which I was immediately hooked. After two years I switched to CS:S because most of my buds were playing it back then and 1.6 was pretty much dead. Might have converted back but Steamgamers always kept me playing CS:S.

Edited by Maniac

I played FPS a little but then I got into Americas Army. So AA. Long long time ago.

frames per second?

Fps=First person shooter, come on jaffa its the name of the section...

When I was younger, I watched my Dad play Unreal II The Awakening. I always wanted to play that game but it scared me. :/ So I played Galaga til I was older and finally played it.

TimeSplitters but then console fps are crap, so then it was Half Life for the pc which im sure would be most peoples answer

Call Of Duty

or the very first Duke Nukem but meh

Goldeneye was my first FPS game. Perfect Dark sealed the deal, and Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon got me hooked to PC gaming.

Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark were the first FPS's I played, and then Dark Forces for the PC because my brothers played it.

Devastation was my first FPS ever played.. Only played it for a few months untill everyone stopped playing and got me introduced in CS:S..

Wolfenstein 3D

This. The first FPS I ever played :d

Edited by SilentGuns

First online FPS game was Counter Strike Source...didn't know what it was but my friend showed me that http://www.pwned.nl video and then I bought it :oh:

Offline well....James Bond.....Army Men (teh lulz), Medal of Honor.

Damn.. I'm old...

Marathon

And when I put that down.. I was into UT - Gotta love the Insta-Gib CTF.

I think it was mostly GoldenEye 007 for N64, but the original Halo got more attention from me.

I was really into Goldeneye NS4. But I think what got me into them was Call of Duty on gamecube. Win ^^