? servers

? players online

Post your REAL guns!

• Content Count:  3343

Were you shooting that while those people in the background had their ear protection off?

That was just me posing for the picture, not actually shooting, everyone was trigger happy and would forget to tell everyone to shut their ears before they fired, happened to me twice when my aunt was shooting her revolver.

• Content Count:  3440

Rerails thread.

My dad is considering a new gun for his CWC license, any decent sized 9mms or .45s out there for a moderate price that puts holes in things?

There are tons of things to consider when selecting a concealed carry firearm....

Caliber - I like a good balance between size & stopping power.

9mm just doesn't have the stopping power to knock someone down and keep them down. I would recommend a .40 or .45, However the .45's are often bulky and heavy making them less than Ideal for concealment.

Size/Weight - You need something compact and light or you will tire of carrying it around. My first conceal carry gun was too heavy and I ended up selling it and getting something lighter (not smaller caliber), just a more compact gun.

Grip/Comfort - Make sure it feels good in your hands. Nothing is worse than trying to shoot a gun that you aren't comfortable with. Especially in a life or death situation. (not sure about where you are) but there are quite a few gun stores around here that let you rent and use their guns on the firing range to try them out. I highly recommend doing this.) Also most guns can have the grips swapped out to make them a more comfortable fit. Depending on the size of your hands.

Now for the guns that I personally like.

H&K USP Compact .40 or .45 (I have a .45 that is a great gun and not too heavy)

http://www.hk-usa.com/uspc_general.asp

Kimber Ultra Carry II - Kimber makes great guns.. they can be a bit spendy...

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/ultracarry/

Sturm Ruger P-Series - Although this gun leans towards the heavy side a bit.. they are less expensive.. and I have put about 10,000 rounds through mine at firing ranges, etc.. and have yet to have a jam or stove-pipe or any kind of failure and it remains to be very acurate. This is my current conceal carry firearm..

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Pistol&subtype=Centerfire%20Autoloading&famlst=2&variation=LCP™

I know that the guns I've listed aren't cheap.. but as with most things you get what you pay for.. and well I'd rather pay a bit more and have a gun that isn't going to jam or stove-pipe in a critical situation.

• Content Count:  3440

I love my H&K. If you want a reliable hand-gun with stopping power I wouldn't recommend anything else.

And thanks for cleaning up the thread Red.

Guest Vivian556

I have 2 12 gauge shotguns (single shot and one holds 5[including in the chamber]), a 30 30, an M16 O.O (semi-auto), 9mm, and 22. :d

EDIT: The 22 has a fail scope..

Edited by Vivian556

• Content Count:  6559

I have 2 12 gauge shotguns (single shot and one holds 5[including in the chamber]), a 30 30, an M16 O.O (semi-auto), 9mm, and 22. :d

Other ladies take note, Vivian's got the right idea.

Reply to Thread