? servers

? players online

Change of ownership.

Guest barackobama

It's with great relief, but great regret that I have sold SteamGamers.com

The reasons for this are personal issues, and the fact that I believe SteamGamers can head in a much better direction with more support.

I've sold SteamGamers at a loss from what I bought it, and in the year I've owned SteamGamers I've not once profited off it, how can I? All donations are recorded and I don't run ads.

Me selling SG was not a big secret, in my eyes it's not a big deal. Change of hands, few changes to layout, and of course a small number of changes within "staff".

I only bought SteamGamers so Haggard wouldn't give it away, but the truth it has no real future with me or any other current person with SG. It's taken me months to decide this, and it was hard to finally pick up the courage to sell this website. It used to be a community for me which I could enjoy, and from time to time I still do, but ultimately I came to SteamGamers to shoot zombies, not run a community. I was nor ready, or prepared for what it was going to take to run SteamGamers.

The truth, it really depresses me to log on each day and see someone unhappy, or something not up to standard. I knew that I couldn't continue to keep the community happy. See how long it took VB4 to be done, and it's still not ready. Something I would have to rely on other people to do. This is what my frustration was.

It's also true I was never skilled to run a gaming community. I never expected to run a gaming community, regardless of what people say. My intentions were to play Counter Strike and have fun. But with friends/oppertunites a whole bunch of things happen.

I tried my best, and so did all my AO's, BD's & VP's. When Haggard left last year, the community was in a dire position. I feel that we picked up a little from that. People would say "SG is dying", yet it seems we picked it back up and people started to enjoy it again.

Profit or not, I & Haggard have both "profited" in terms of selling the community. But again Haggard and I both put lots of our own money in to keep things running smoothly.

I'm also 100% if a opportunity arise, most people would do the same. It's easy to sit down and judge, but when your in the hot seat, it's a very different story.

I will stay on with SG, and I will still have a say in what happens.

Spiked released it all a bit early, because I haven't actually fully sold it yet, but the new ownership have great ideas for SG, and have my 100% support.

SteamGamers is starting a new chapter in it's history.

Regards,

Garf (SteamGamers.com, we know drama!)

• Like 30
Edited by GarfieldH

• Content Count:  3056

Glad to hear that you think that it'll get better, I guess that's the most important. I really hope that SG won't die now, but improve instead!

Thanks for all the money and effort you've put into making SG what it is, because it's really great! And I hope that you'll still be here.

Guest barackobama
Can you be more specific?

Who will actually be in charge and what are these changes in "staff".

A very nice guy called Amit. Also I have no idea what changes in staff will be made.

• Content Count:  2390

A very nice guy called Amit. Also I have no idea what changes in staff will be made.

Alright new question.

Not to be rude, but if you wanted to step away from a leadership role what was stopping you from simply handing it off to someone else rather than selling it?

And do you know what the person who is buying SG plans to do with it (us).

• Like 2

Reply to Thread