Bhop on ZE

Recently I have been playing ZE a bit more. In my time playing I noticed the main talk was about the bhoping, and how a lot of players are able to abuse this. While I was playing I noticed certain spots where it was very easy to abuse. Such as a group of ladders that the CT's were forced to go down, the zombies were easily skipping this my bhoping/jumping down without really hurting there health. There was also many times where the CT's were not able to get to their items because of how close the zombies were. While this does kind of fall under the same category as fall damage in some cases, such as the going down the ladder; I don't think that it is solely the problem though because I noticed the players that tended to just jump down the ladder still were not as fast as the players bhoping. I am not a big ZE player myself so I just wanted to see how some of the ZE regulars and admins felt about this.

I feel like bhoping is fine I have never felt once at a disadvantage with zombies bhoping. The easiest way to stop a zombie is either A shoot them or B nade them.

This is why the bhop velocity is capped at 300, otherwise it could lead to some completely broken maps. Also, do you know which map it was that had the problem? HE nades are an easy solution for bhopping zombies in most cases.

This is why the bhop velocity is capped at 300, otherwise it could lead to some completely broken maps. Also, do you know which map it was that had the problem? HE nades are an easy solution for bhopping zombies in most cases.

It got to the point where we rtv'd because we didn't have time to push them back. By the time we had gotten to the door, or the place we had to hold they were already right behind us. If I come across the map name I will add it.

It got to the point where we rtv'd because we didn't have time to push them back. By the time we had gotten to the door, or the place we had to hold they were already right behind us. If I come across the map name I will add it.

Do you know what it looked like, or something unique about it that I would know which map it is based on that discription?

Do you know what it looked like, or something unique about it that I would know which map it is based on that discription?

On almost every door there were models standing at it. A lot of boxes, it was sandy and had a lot of trees, almost looks like a temple. There was a river when you hit the bottom of the ladders.

On almost every door there were models standing at it. A lot of boxes, it was sandy and had a lot of trees, almost looks like a temple. There was a river when you hit the bottom of the ladders.

No idea xD

• Like 1

i talked to leon yesterday about it the bhop seemed to be uncapped on westersand but then recapped on mako so it might be certain maps are uncapped.

also im pretty sure hes talking about westersand @TheCharizard

Edited by phantom153

i talked to yesterday about it the bhop seemed to be uncapped on westersand but then recapped on mako so it might be certain maps are uncapped.

also im pretty sure hes talking about westersand @TheCharizard

Oh yea you're probably right, I haven't played that map in a long time

There's no bhop cap on westersand, which is where the bhop complaint is coming from I assume and yes it is very unfair on that map plz fix @Agent Wesker @Leon Mordecai

All the other maps have it capped at 300, and if you shoot them mid jump they get pushed back further than normal

I bhop all the time as a zombie and it usually doesn't help much unless it's one straggler who refuses to turn around and shoot :larry:

• Like 4

This essentially comes down to your skill of playing ze and knowing how to backpedal and defend properly except in the rare cases like westersand which is not played very often anyways probably because of its bhop cap, however i think that cap is only disabled on the easy round. Not sure though

There's no bhop cap on westersand, which is where the bhop complaint is coming from I assume and yes it is very unfair on that map plz fix @Agent Wesker @Leon Mordecai

All the other maps have it capped at 300, and if you shoot them mid jump they get pushed back further than normal

I bhop all the time as a zombie and it usually doesn't help much unless it's one straggler who refuses to turn around and shoot :larry:

I set sv_maxvelocity in the westersand map cfg, try it again and let me know.

• Like 1

By the way your complaint about zombies being able to jump down ladders w/ no consequences is a map issue, some maps have tp triggers on the ladders to stop it, some dont, and some might use a barrier to stop zms while hms retreat.

By the way your complaint about zombies being able to jump down ladders w/ no consequences is a map issue, some maps have tp triggers on the ladders to stop it, some dont, and some might use a barrier to stop zms while hms retreat.

I'll look into it, if it is that easy of a fix and people actually want it then I could add it. The only problem I could see is climbing back up the ladder. The TP trigger might not work the same and could be glitched... I'll look into it though.