Lokibelowkey

Turning off auto hop for mini games.

I think that we should turn off auto hop for mini game maps. Firstly because it ruins most minigames on the map. Secondly it allows people to easily delay and distracts people from the main objective. Lastly since we have more diversity in our map pool that it won't affect the game in a huge way.

Most minigames like wall hacks, headshot only, any AWP games, etc. are completely ruined by auto hop instead of properly playing the minigame the way it was intended. Headshot only for example, people just hold space and go for backstabs even if you try to play properly you are punished because you are at a disadvantage because you are playing properly. If a new player joins and doesn't know how to bunny hop they will get dominated by people sweating on mg always choosing games that they can bunny hop and backstab in which will make them want to leave. If auto hop were disabled this would force players to play the games properly instead of abusing it to get kills.

During games like what I referenced above has another problem with auto hop is delaying. Especially in headshot only and soccer people will completely ignore the objective and just bhop around until either they finally die or round ends, this is very obnoxious where rounds will last minutes longer than they should because someone won't let themselves die and they usually won't unless the mess up and lose speed or die to a lucky shot. If you die soon this can make playing mg boring and tiresome because you have to watch people jump around until they eventually die minutes later.

Since implementing course and adding more deathrun there has been more diversity in what maps we play so if this is implemented it will be less of a huge change and can be implemented easier. Where before everyone would have been in a uproar because it is a vital part of mg but where it only affects minigame maps it would go easier.

There is an agruement about that people should all be on an even playing field no matter the play time but I disagree if someone is able to do well because they have put in the work they should be allowed. People who just join and can easily do what you can when you have put in alot of hours to do without assistance and degrades the accomplishment.

Overall, I feel that we should remove auto hop from mini games maps in order to prevent delaying and to force people to play the games properly. Also because of the implementation of course this change would go alot easier than before.

This probably isn't %100 correct and I most likely missed points from both sides but I feel like this could be a good change for mg so I made the post so I at least voiced my opinion. Please post anything I missed and your opinion so we can figure out what is best.

Edited by Lokibelowkey
Grammer

I agree autobhop shouldn't be on minigames but a lot of people like it. I think it would be hard to get rid of without some backlash... maybe a poll would be worth considering?

The other problem is that this "easybhop" thing (which I'm still confused what it exactly does) makes bhopping so easy anyways. If you really wanna stop the "bhopping around" meta on MG you would have to get rid of that too. The best solution imo would be to go through each map and have autobhop only enabled on certain gamemodes that need them, but that might require a lot of time and effort to do.

100% agree. In retrospect it would actually be terrible as many people are absolute bots and have no idea how to scroll, and would hate this change. It would be preferable for people who have more skill and experience, but it wouldn’t really be welcoming. I suggest going back to the AUTOHOP VOTE THAT I SUGGESTED A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. I do also fuckin hate the fact that autohop was fully enabled when I came back in feb/june 2018. Please add back the autohop vote. The amount of shitty autobhop shotgunners/knickers is disgusting. If it’s headshot, please use your damn gun. If it’s awp, use your damn awp. I myself use this sometimes, but some people go overboard and abuse it hard.

I would agree, auto hop is cancer. It always has been. But, for the players who can’t scroll or bhop at all, it provides them with a crutch so they can somewhat keep up. Like nesquick said, add the vote or lower the max speed so that people can’t really bhop at the speed of light around every corner.

@Kieran on MG we have higher air accel settings making it easier to bhop. Even with bhop turned off it's really easy to hit scroll hops and simulate the same acceleration.

In the past our MG server was dead when we didn't have auto hop. Autohop brought it back to life and now our server actually has population which is pretty insane to me. When I first came to this community MG was commonly dead for days with no signs of anybody getting on it. I think it'd be better to attempt a minigames community meeting to gather as many opinions on it as possible before doing something rash like removing autohop entirely. When we had autohop vote having the vote was alright but I remember the threshold for getting it through was really picky and almost never happened. It also had autohop auto enabled on a rtv. Our server was doing alright at the time, but having auto the way it is now has shown the best results.

Are any of you recalling the time we had no autohop and people like epathy and des got on the server and killed what little population we ever had?

Autohop brought the server back to life, the server was completely dead. Every MG server has autohop and if we remove it people will just go to another server. This will bring it below the rank it's already at.

I've been in support of the whole listening to regulars thing with the course changes even though I disagreed but I will never support this being pushed off the server, even if the regulars want it. It's not a good idea at all in my eyes.

The people I see complaining about autohop are not regs but newer players / older players. New players who recently joined believe minigames should be played how minigames are. Like using your pistol instead of your knife. However most the regs understand or come to terms with this. They understand that people will knife, people will bhop around you. You beat them by sitting in corners so you can't get backstabbed, or you join them. The older players are people who come from source or have been on sg when there wasn't autohop. They mainly just call bhoppers bad, takes no skill, ect... because back in their day there never was this "autohop" thing. I'm not saying this is all the older mg regs but a handful. Like dominic said autohop brought mg back to where it is today. I do not want it to be removed or to have the autohop vote. Unless the way the vote worked would be if we were on an autohop map and the vote was to disable it, not the other way around.

The older players are people who come from source or have been on sg when there wasn't autohop. They mainly just call bhoppers bad, takes no skill, ect... because back in their day there never was this "autohop" thing. I'm not saying this is all the older mg regs but a handful.

I'm one of the back in the day MG players, and autohop is literally the reason I joined SG MG like twice before I swore to never join it again. Auto hop is so terrible and I can understand that the new players want to just hold space, but it will also discourage OG players to try it again.

I think it’s great and all when OG players come back; however, server growth comes from getting new players. If new players prefer autobhop then it should stay.

There is an agruement about that people should all be on an even playing field no matter the play time but I disagree if someone is able to do well because they have put in the work they should be allowed. People who just join and can easily do what you can when you have put in alot of hours to do without assistance and degrades the accomplishment.

You tellin me somebody who has no understanding of strafing can use autobhop more efficiently than someone who does?

We put autobhop on because we hit a breaking point in losing population because of this.

Autobhop actually evens the playing field out a bit more than ez bhop because it gives them a slight chance.

Population was declining as every other server had autobhop except for us. The bad players leave when they get bhopping backstabbed and stand absolutely no chance.

Our servers are already riddled with ghost knifing, not much more you can do in an attempt to stop bhopping/knifing.

100% agree. In retrospect it would actually be terrible as many people are absolute bots and have no idea how to scroll, and would hate this change. It would be preferable for people who have more skill and experience, but it wouldn’t really be welcoming. I suggest going back to the AUTOHOP VOTE THAT I SUGGESTED A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. I do also fuckin hate the fact that autohop was fully enabled when I came back in feb/june 2018. Please add back the autohop vote. The amount of shitty autobhop shotgunners/knickers is disgusting. If it’s headshot, please use your damn gun. If it’s awp, use your damn awp. I myself use this sometimes, but some people go overboard and abuse it hard.

Only viable solution to making players use the respective weapon for the round is disabling damage from any other weapons, which a lot of other servers already do.

This is more reasonable than taking away bhop in an effort to stop people from knifing.

Y'all wanna take away what we've done to keep our population healthy instead of addressing actual problems. We've already brought up this bhop issue multiple times, and we've already tried the vote option; neither of them worked out at all.

Edited by whimsy

You tellin me somebody who has no understanding of strafing can use autobhop more efficiently than someone who does?

We put autobhop on because we hit a breaking point in losing population because of this.

Autobhop actually evens the playing field out a bit more than ez bhop because it gives them a slight chance.

Population was declining as every other server had autobhop except for us. The bad players leave when they get bhopping backstabbed and stand absolutely no chance.

Our servers are already riddled with ghost knifing, not much more you can do in an attempt to stop bhopping/knifing.

Only viable solution to making players use the respective weapon for the round is disabling damage from any other weapons, which a lot of other servers already do.

This is more reasonable than taking away bhop in an effort to stop people from knifing.

Y'all wanna take away what we've done to keep our population healthy instead of addressing actual problems. We've already brought up this bhop issue multiple times, and we've already tried the vote option; neither of them worked out at all.

Pretty much this^^^

You guys seem to be thinking about the regs, or the ones that can scroll instead of the community as a whole. Majority of our playerbase is not these scrolling regs, but the regs who enjoy coming on our server and are not amazing at bhopping. Taking autohop off of the server would ruin our chances of competing with other servers (as it has before). I'm not going to completely say no, as if this does have a strong liking, (not just from the few regs that like the idea) but from the whole server itself, then I would be willing to try it. I will leave it at that.

I agree 100%, this site inversegamer.com , also had to raise this issue. There are also people outraged about this problem. And in general, I think that this should have been done a long time ago, but unfortunately, developers rarely listen to ordinary users. Autobhop is a thing mainly made for beginners, for more experienced players it is not a mandatory thing. Now I'm more used to playing without autobhop, and I get the same pleasure as before, I just learned to play much better, due to the fact that I've been interested in games for a long time.

Edited by Zussman