Andy Dufresne

when is jb going 128 tick

Serious question, why don’t we make JB 128 tick?

Shits expensive and it's JB not competitive.

Shits expensive and it's JB not competitive.

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to run JB now, and how much more would it be at 128 tick?

I think it was mentioned earlier that 128 tick causes issues with hit reg and plugins on TTT, which is why it is instead 102 tick. I imagine it's a similar case for JB.

I think it was mentioned earlier that 128 tick causes issues with hit reg and plugins on TTT, which is why it is instead 102 tick. I imagine it's a similar case for JB.

Its uses more resources on the dedi. You dont need 128 tick on jb. Ever.

Doubt 128 would cause issues with a server as basic as jailbreak. TTT has issues due to the plugin that they run for the game mode. As stated though: it would be more expensive in terms of server resources and isn't really needed due to the nature of the game mode.

Its uses more resources on the dedi. You dont need 128 tick on jb. Ever.

it is definitely needed and would help everyone and just shut down the ttt server if u dont want to have to pay a lot cause jb is way better

it is definitely needed and would help everyone and just shut down the ttt server if u dont want to have to pay a lot cause jb is way better

Well it's not about that. What @matt and @delirium are trying to say is that making Jailbreak 128 tick is too expensive, and not worth it. Jailbreak is a limited gamemode, in the terms that it doesn't require the excessive plugins that TTT requires. We're not saying that TTT is draining funds from JB, it's just that making JB 128 tick is not worth it.

If 128 tick was added, the population of Jailbreak will skyrocket. Because that’s what people want, a 128 tick jailbreak server.

But like others said, it would cost. This would most likely cause the amount of giveaways to go down, raffles, and anything else like that.

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to run JB now, and how much more would it be at 128 tick?

I don't have a clue as to what the per-server cost is but I'd imagine its a decent hike from what it costs now.

If 128 tick was added, the population of Jailbreak will skyrocket. Because that’s what people want, a 128 tick jailbreak server.

But like others said, it would cost. This would most likely cause the amount of giveaways to go down, raffles, and anything else like that.

I would be willing to bet a solid hundred that 70% of the jb playerbase would not realize we even switched to 128tick, without netgraph

JB doesn't need 128 tick.

sure JB can get competitive (for some people), but overall its un-needed. Most people are bad as it is on JB, 128 tick wouldn't be doing JB a favor it would just stay the same

Edited by Error.

Most of the JB people don't have the braincells to comprehend 128 tick. Also, most people on the server suck anyways. Just cause the tick rate is changed to 128 doesn't mean everyone is gonna start 1 tapping the fuck out of everyone. It would be completely useless.

Well thread was pretty much answered by many. Stop saying it costs money, it does not. The only thing 128 tick does to us is load the shit out of the dedi. Jailbreak was 128 tick three years ago and was switched back to 64 tick on 8/18/2016 in order to reduce server lag.

Don't think it'll ever be switched back to 128 tick considering we're at 50 players.

Edited by roux