? servers

? players online

Warning Shot Rule

• Content Count:  908

If a T is warning shot enough, meaning they weren't following a series of orders, they were probably trying to rebel or aren't doing the orders properly. In that case, they deserve all the damage they get. If we were to change the rule, CTs would have to either keep track of who each of them shoots (Which is way too complicated) or not be able to get rid of rebellers and the rounds would be T sided more than it already is.

Our thoughts exactly ^ :)

• Like 5

• Content Count:  555

You also have to give 3 warning shots.

I don’t know if you miss typed, but the rule has always been that you are required to give one warning shot then you are allowed to kill them. Obviously this only applies to if they aren’t following the same order you previously warning shot them for.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  468

I think what Okami is trying to say is that barely wiping a t’s hp because they misheard or misunderstood CT’s order is a little ridiculous. And that taking fall damage or accidentally getting shot from a previous ct will result in death. These are specific situations but still. I’m going to play devils advocate real quick , situations like this would be a deterrent for casuals and/or players effected by the situations I previously stated. I personally don’t know how long this rule has been implemented but I’m pretty sure this isn’t the first time this has been brought up.

• Content Count:  555

I think what Okami is trying to say is that barely wiping a t’s hp because they misheard or misunderstood CT’s order is a little ridiculous. And that taking fall damage or accidentally getting shot from a previous ct will result in death. These are specific situations but still. I’m going to play devils advocate real quick , situations like this would be a deterrent for casuals and/or players effected by the situations I previously stated. I personally don’t know how long this rule has been implemented but I’m pretty sure this isn’t the first time this has been brought up.

I don't see how playing devil's advocate helps the case to change the rule. If anything this warning shot rule may actually keep players on the servers. There are multiple servers that have the rule that no warning shot is required. It's not very difficult to follow the orders, and even if you misheard or misunderstood CTs at least you have a better chance of living with warning shots.

I don't see how playing devil's advocate helps the case to change the rule. If anything this warning shot rule may actually keep players on the servers. There are multiple servers that have the rule that no warning shot is required. It's not very difficult to follow the orders, and even if you misheard or misunderstood CTs at least you have a better chance of living with warning shots.

I don’t want to change the rule ,I’m only explaining why okami would feel like this rule wouldn’t be great because I’ve heard this complaint multiple times while I’ve been on the server . No one wants there health to be near 0 because of the following reasons I previously stated. Sure a warning shot from a rifle or a pistol is fine but correct me if I’m wrong , an awp shot does the most damage and getting blasted by that for something stupid isn’t really that fun. I’m not on jailbreak that much but the amount of times a ct had been accused of free killing someone just because they killed a t with one awp shot wasn’t common but did occur when I’ve been on.

Edited by thuxys

• Content Count:  2342

I don’t want to change the rule ,I’m only explaining why okami would feel like this rule wouldn’t be great because I’ve heard this complaint multiple times while I’ve been on the server . No one wants there health to be near 0 because of the following reasons I previously stated. Sure a warning shot from a rifle or a pistol is fine but correct me if I’m wrong , an awp shot does the most damage and getting blasted by that for something stupid isn’t really that fun. I’m not on jailbreak that much but the amount of times a ct had been accused of free killing someone just because they killed a t with one awp shot wasn’t common but did occur when I’ve been on.

What do you propose we do to fix this? If the amount of damage that is "acceptable" is variable dependent on how much health the T has before a CT warning shots them the rules can get complicated quickly.

What do you propose we do to fix this? If the amount of damage that is "acceptable" is variable dependent on how much health the T has before a CT warning shots them the rules can get complicated quickly.

I’d just say remove awp warning shots completely but I know that would be contested by Jb regulars and it would be hard for admins to differentiate an Awp kill to an awp warning shot. Other servers had similar situations to this and their solution was adding a warning shot pistol that did 1 damage, CT’s can spawn one by just typing “!wp’ in chat . It can also show how much you’re damaged for in chat so you know that 1hp loss was a warning shot. Another solution was just prohibiting warning shots with primary and only allow warning shots with secondary . I wouldn’t know what to do with the r8 though. Unless you guys add a rule where you can’t do a certain amount of damage like 35+

• Content Count:  1583

I’d just say remove awp warning shots completely but I know that would be contested by Jb regulars and it would be hard for admins to differentiate an Awp kill to an awp warning shot. Other servers had similar situations to this and their solution was adding a warning shot pistol that did 1 damage, CT’s can spawn one by just typing “!wp’ in chat . It can also show how much you’re damaged for in chat so you know that 1hp loss was a warning shot. Another solution was just prohibiting warning shots with primary and only allow warning shots with secondary . I wouldn’t know what to do with the r8 though. Unless you guys add a rule where you can’t do a certain amount of damage like 35+

Warning shots not only warn Ts, but it damages them and discourages them from rebelling. Most warning shots are delivered to Ts who are INTENTIONALLY rebelling or trying to skirt around orders. If they have to spend the round at 15 HP, they'll definitely be more "observant" of orders. In our rebel heavy meta, it's important that you are able to weaken or cripple Ts that may be in a firefight with you in a few minutes.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1105

like @fantastic warning shots are completely variable and the damage given can vary from entirely the distance, the weapon and where the T is shot and forcing a rule like no more than 35+ will make admins job not only harder resulting in us having to force a rule that is completely in no ones control but result in a lot of reports and chaos throughout the community. But I know a lot of CTs already don’t use the AWP considering they are scared of doing 100+ damage resulting in a slay and or collating multiple Ts so there’d be no reason to remove the AWP from the weapon choices. Regardless of that I do like idea of showing how much you’ve damage a T and who it was because at time it can become confusing.

Reply to Thread