? servers

? players online

T Delay

• Content Count:  272

First off I'd like to say Benzene is entirely correct in his statement that Ts are meant to do a few things rebel, listen to orders, and create hell to help the other Ts rebel/escape. If that means one T has to hide to distract a CT or two by all means do it because that means less eyes are watching the remaining Ts which can help with rebelling. If what you say is true and an admin is enforcing a rule like that we have a bigger issue because no such rule exists and as an admin you are only allowed to enforce rules that exist, and we have no such rule that prevents Ts from hiding all round. If it becomes a problem where there's not enough CTs to control the Ts then join CT yourself and people will follow if theres a large majority and eventually it'll become a good ratio to where you could join back.

I've seen admins tell Ts to do something if they are the last alive and just hiding. For example, on vip a T was just sitting in dodgeball hiding and delaying the round for around 2 minutes or so. It gets annoying when you're playing CT and you're just playing hide and seek in a round where you know you will win. It just wastes everyone's time.

Edit: Also, I always play CT, so I don't know why you included that last statement. You clearly have never played with me.

Edited by thump

• Content Count:  1103

Talking if there is one T left

If there is one T left and they are hiding, I believe it shouldn’t be allowed. There are times when there is one T hiding while the rest of the Ts are dead and there is like 2 minutes left in the round. Players shouldn’t have to wait for 2 minutes until they get to play again because some guy wants to play hide and seek like it’s recess. The point of the game for Ts is that they have to find ways to eliminate all the CTs, you don’t do that by hiding in a random corner for 2 minutes while every other T is dead

• Like 2

• Content Count:  625

If there is one T left and they are hiding, I believe it shouldn’t be allowed. There are times when there is one T hiding while the rest of the Ts are dead and there is like 2 minutes left in the round. Players shouldn’t have to wait for 2 minutes until they get to play again because some guy wants to play hide and seek like it’s recess. The point of the game for Ts is that they have to find ways to eliminate all the CTs, you don’t do that by hiding in a random corner for 2 minutes while every other T is dead

This is exactly what I think when I hear the term "Ts delaying". This doesn't mean a T is hiding from the main group; it's when the T is hiding when there IS NO GROUP.

• Like 3

This is what I'm talking about btw. I've only seen an admin call someone out for delaying when they're the last T left and doing literally nothing. They should not be rewarded for sitting in a corner somewhere doing absolutely nothing. It doesn't even get them a win in the round. All it does is end the round in a draw and forces all the dead Ts to wait while they watch either the CTs scour the map trying to find a singular T, or watch the T do absolutely nothing. In regards to my statement about 1 T hiding while only a couple are alive, that situation is just annoying, I'm not saying that it should be enforced as a rule.

• Content Count:  459

This is what I'm talking about btw. I've only seen an admin call someone out for delaying when they're the last T left and doing literally nothing. They should not be rewarded for sitting in a corner somewhere doing absolutely nothing. It doesn't even get them a win in the round. All it does is end the round in a draw and forces all the dead Ts to wait while they watch either the CTs scour the map trying to find a singular T, or watch the T do absolutely nothing. In regards to my statement about 1 T hiding while only a couple are alive, that situation is just annoying, I'm not saying that it should be enforced as a rule.

I took this thread as something else (because im dumb). When their is one T left with like 2-3 minutes the Ts shouldn't be able to hide for the full time of a round and delay the entirety of the round. This also makes the people who are spectating wait the whole round because one T wants to again play a hide and seek game with the remaining CTs.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

EDIT: but if ur the last T hiding in a large map with minutes left ur annoying and should not be allowed but as of right now it's not against the rules

I agree with everything you said before, but not this. While I do agree that it's quite frustrating and annoying if you're dead and you see a T hiding somewhere and delaying the round, I can't really see a way to justify punishing them for it. As I said before, it is not the Ts job to make the round quicker, it is the CTs by hunting down and eliminating that player. If the CTs aren't able to find the hiding T, you shouldn't be punishing that person for it.

It's completely the rebelling Ts choice to do what they want when they're rebelling. A they can go for a secret, they can go to armory, the can run out guns blazing, or they can go hide somewhere. The T did at once point risk their life trying to get to that position, and punishing them for rebelling doesn't make much sense to me. If they choose to camp out and delay for four minutes, yes it is annoying but I don't really think anything should be done about it. A CT delaying the round goes against the very point of the game, but delaying as a T doesn't.

• Like 2

I agree with everything you said before, but not this. While I do agree that it's quite frustrating and annoying if you're dead and you see a T hiding somewhere and delaying the round, I can't really see a way to justify punishing them for it. As I said before, it is not the Ts job to make the round quicker, it is the CTs by hunting down and eliminating that player. If the CTs aren't able to find the hiding T, you shouldn't be punishing that person for it.

It's completely the rebelling Ts choice to do what they want when they're rebelling. A they can go for a secret, they can go to armory, the can run out guns blazing, or they can go hide somewhere. The T did at once point risk their life trying to get to that position, and punishing them for rebelling doesn't make much sense to me. If they choose to camp out and delay for four minutes, yes it is annoying but I don't really think anything should be done about it. A CT delaying the round goes against the very point of the game, but delaying as a T doesn't.

I believe that it should be added as a rule. If you're the last T alive and you are doing nothing productive you should do something. Allowing players to do nothing but sit in corners of the map will do nothing but annoy people and may even drive people to leave the server if it occurs too much.

• Content Count:  625

Benzene, I understand your standpoint, however, we should be looking at the main goal for the Ts: Rebelling and taking over the prison BY killing all the CTs. The whole point of the term rebelling is for a T, in some way, shape, or form, to eliminate the CT team, whether it is directly or indirectly. Having a T "rebel" by sitting in the corner of a map and not doing anything productive really goes against the whole point of the T side objective: it doesn't help the Ts at all (if there are any left) and doesn't start "chaos" because all the CTs are doing is searching like in hide and seek. I believe that delaying as a T does go against the very point of the game, as long as certain circumstances are met:

- There are no more other Ts remaining

- The T is absolutely doing nothing to try to actually kill the CTs (as they are kos)

- The T is so far away/hidden that there will be a very low chance of finding them (like if they were hiding using the box cosmetic on clouds)

If the remaining T(s) fall under this criteria I can safely say that they are indeed just holding up the round, as they are not trying to put an effort to even either a) Rebel and kill the CTs or b) Follow the CTs orders. This is what I think when I think of "Ts delaying the rounds"

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1103

A CT delaying the round goes against the very point of the game, but delaying as a T doesn't.

How is camping in a corner, literally doing NOTHING, for the whole round the point of the game as a T? The point of being a T is to kill the CTs anyway possible, sitting in the corner while everyone is dead isn’t being an actual rebelling T. Sure they are “rebelling,” but they are sitting in the corner, doing nothing, wasting everyone’s time, annoying everyone, and should admins just sit there and let it happen? No, of course not. This is why it should be against the rules. Point blank, it’s not Hide and Seek in the 4th grade Simulator

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

Benzene, I understand your standpoint, however, we should be looking at the main goal for the Ts: Rebelling and taking over the prison BY killing all the CTs. The whole point of the term rebelling is for a T, in some way, shape, or form, to eliminate the CT team, whether it is directly or indirectly. Having a T "rebel" by sitting in the corner of a map and not doing anything productive really goes against the whole point of the T side objective: it doesn't help the Ts at all (if there are any left) and doesn't start "chaos" because all the CTs are doing is searching like in hide and seek. I believe that delaying as a T does go against the very point of the game, as long as certain circumstances are met:

- There are no more other Ts remaining

- The T is absolutely doing nothing to try to actually kill the CTs (as they are kos)

- The T is so far away/hidden that there will be a very low chance of finding them (like if they were hiding using the box cosmetic on clouds)

If the remaining T(s) fall under this criteria I can safely say that they are indeed just holding up the round, as they are not trying to put an effort to even either a) Rebel and kill the CTs or b) Follow the CTs orders. This is what I think when I think of "Ts delaying the rounds"

I think adding more rules that require certain specific criteria to be met is more confusing and unnecessary.

The problem this thread is pointing out is not that common or that severe. This used to happen a lot back in 2018, but no one minded that much. Now that it's "back", and I've barely noticed this, it's not that big of a deal. I don't see it "killing the server" or making players super mad, and if it does it only wasted a few minutes of their time. Months ago there was a similar discussion on TTT about Innocents delaying, and even though their game mode wants innocents to stay alive, we had a lot of good input from old TTT players who said a little patience wouldn't kill anyone. I agree.

As an admin, I would message the T letting them know what they're doing, but I wouldn't punish them. I see no reason to add a rule for something insignificant.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread