? servers

? players online

MGT Minecraft 1.16 Survival Build Contest

• Content Count:  3294

I was actually looking into setting up some sort of building contest soon. Are you suggesting we host it on the world we currently have, or set up a creative world and do a build contest there?

I think it should depend on what the players are feeling, a creative build contest could be extremely creative while a Survival one would be a lot more focused on the grind for blocks and a possible crunch on creativity.

Personally, I think a survival build contest is better, and we could do a creative one in the future,

• Content Count:  417

I highly support this idea, Minecraft nowadays have a heavy focus on PvP, and less about building. 1.16 has given us a lot of blocks for use to build, so this is pretty neat. I highly encourage this to be a low-timed event if the contest is in survival, ranging between 2-5 hours, mainly because if you extend the build time into the days, this leads to the exact problem why the SG minecraft server kinda failed: grinding players, but maybe not as much. In my opinion, I would rather let this be set in creative, and let the build time be a week, which would allow for more designs, and allowing for more entrants.

• Content Count:  922

This is possible, I wish it could be done on a server that has 1.16 build battle, but this could be a good event, but I don't know if this is the best time to do it now though.

I'd say give it a little time until the 1.16.1 version are implmented on servers like Mineplex (please not Hypixel, i'm banned on that)

Edited by Asher

Reply to Thread