Sign in to follow this  
duffy

Retakes Feedback Thread

Posted (edited)

Hi,

We've seen a noticeable decline in activity on the server and we'd like to see from the regulars of the server if they are any problems/suggestions that could help the server's problem. Right now, we're kind of at a crossroads of what to add. We recently changed the server to a 4v5, and we've been deciding if we should give CTs more nades. All of which greatly change the server's game play and we want to see what you guys think should change/revert back. Anything that you guys think of, please, post it here and we'll look into it.

Also, keep the bugs and errors for the Bug Report thread, this is not what this thread is for.

Edited by duffy

make it 5v5 + Give more nades. = more people

Posted (edited)

Here's what I say:

-Give BOTH teams more nades (possibly a menu where you can select preferred grenade loadouts for each team)

-5v5 (5v5 does much better than 4v5 Imo)

-Option to start with a grenade loadout on pistol rounds (possibly a grenade with a D.Kit on pistols)

-Make it so that dead people can't hear eachother when they're on opposite teams (reason: because it gives trolls the chance to abuse it and sell out their teammates's location)

Edited by Asher

I like 4v5. It is more fun to me. It is more fun to me because retake is not so hard. On ct side.

Keep the 4v5 Retakes. Although it means that there's one less open spot on the server, it makes Retakes easier for the CT side and creates a bigger challenge for the Ts to hold onto the site.

I'd suggest having more nades on the CT side, if not allowing more nades on both sides. Utility is very useful in retake scenarios, and having more utility spices up the gameplay and what can be accomplished by the players, both on the defending and retaking sides.

One thing that I personally would like to see is a change in how the ranking system works. The top 15 (the Global Elite) of the server are miles ahead in points, and although a point reset may not be the best way to motivate people to play the server more, possibly a ranking system that would allow people to rank up individually would help boost player count and motivate / incentivize more people to grind their ranks out. Having a point-based ranking system rather than a ranking-based system allows people to progress at their own speed, and not constantly have to fight to be in the Global Elite rank.

One final thing that a lot of people (including myself) are upset about are the spawns that sometimes put people into very bad situations. I don't know if they've been fixed, since I haven't played too much Retakes recently, but spawns such as spawning right in the middle of bottom mid while retaking A on Dust 2. Spawns that gove CTs immediate cover, as well as spawns that aren't too forward for Ts makes it a lot more interesting to play.

These are just my two cents right now.

Posted (edited)

the time you get to vote for a map is nonexistent, i accidentally click 3 to switch to my knife and then i'm condemned to 30 rounds of vertigo

pls extend to give time for /revote

edit: i guess this doesn't actually happen regularly

Edited by tides

My biggest gripes with retakes are the imbalanced spawns and lack of nades as CT. It's very annoying to have to retake a site without having any good nades or no nades in general. Especially when the Ts have the advantage of having the bomb planted and having 5 players alive, CTs should have more utility at their side. It's already 4v5, so more nades/being able to choose which nades will hopefully compensate for it.

why is the default overpass plant on a for ct