? servers

? players online

Ratio

• Content Count:  634

Had a re read of rules to look for something on ratio for cts/ts and couldnt see anything

i normally play on server when 10 people on is alot, never had a problem with ratio (3-4:1 // 2 cts to 6 or 7 Ts) and normally there arent enough people wanting to play ct. nor are there usually admins.

played a three hour straight streak of jb with a 2:1 or worse ratio the whole time. admin sat on ct with 2:1 ratio. like i said i dont see anything in the rules about ratio. seeing as how we dont have a warden system the ratio is kind of {the warden} right? The controlling factor for rebel if thats a better description.

some clarification on whether there is a set way to approach ratio or if its just admin discretion would be nice, also who TF likes playing ct or t on a 2:1 ratio

• Content Count:  459

When ratio is super stacked against T's then it could be a problem and can be very frustrating and down putting to players due to the ratio. Like Halo said the ideal ratio is 1-2 depending on the maps being played and how the CT team is doing.

To my knowlage the managers are aware of the situation and are trying to find ways to fix it. There is already threads about this problem and many others with how JB is right now connecting to ratio and how the CT team is balanced. (this thread here and here )

• Like 2
Edited by Astral
misunderstood the thread.

• Content Count:  890

Most JB admins and regs find the most appropriate ratio to be 1:2 on most maps. While on maps where its easy to rebel for T's such as razor and vip most people say 2:3 is the ideal ratio. I agree it can be a little frustrating when the ratio is stacked against the T's and in my opinion there should be some fix for people to use when admins aren't online. Most of the time though people are pretty good about making the ratio good and keeping the server balanced, or there's usually an admin on that can make sure things don't get to out of hand.

• Like 1

To my knowlage the managers are aware of the situation and are trying to find ways to fix it. There is already threads about this problem and many others with how JB is right now. (this thread here, another thread highlighting lack of CTs is here )

never really had problems with lack of ct, sometimes lack of mics on ct can be an issue. ive actually found that there are too many cts and cts who have nothing to do but; camp secrets, vents, armory etc.

• Content Count:  459

never really had problems with lack of ct, sometimes lack of mics on ct can be an issue. ive actually found that there are too many cts and cts who have nothing to do but; camp secrets, vents, armory etc.

Yea I misunderstood the thread a little, with the ratio being 2-1 is a problem. If a CT doesn't enforce by camping in vents, armory, etc. they are not enforcing and if they are last CT not enforcing the orders or aren't giving any while camping all round then they are susceptible to punishment by an admin.

• CTs must be actively enforcing orders or assisting their team. (subject to admin discretion)

Having a way to block over stacking CT ratio would be very helpful, but I can't of many ways to prevent the stacking unless there's just a system to stop people from joining CT when it hits 1-2 or what ever ratio is ideal.

• Like 1
Edited by Astral
adding

• Content Count:  625

I think the only reason people are stacking CT may have been the CTtime reset, as shown on the flip side with the T points reset. Hopefully it will fix itself, but I do think there should be a stricter system in check to make sure the ratio doesn't go past 2:3 on some heavily T sided maps and 1:2 on other maps.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

I'm going to keep repeating the same thing over and over again until something actually changes; until an incentive is added to play CT in its' current state, things will continue to get worse.

I'm a big activist for keeping JB the way it is right now because what makes our version of JB special is how fun it is to play T side and how easy it is to rebel, but this makes CT frustrating and downright patronizing. Even as someone who commonly plays the side, it's hard to justify playing it when I'm not getting any reward out of it. I've made suggestions, but to be fair a good option hasn't arisen to give CT's an incentive to play a frustrating side.

I don't have the solution, but I've laid out the problem in full detail for months now and the solution has yet to be found. The only way to fix ratio permanently would be to make CT more fun and interesting by buffing them, but that would hurt the integrity of our adaptation of JB and make T side not as fun. I'd rather keep things the way they are than go down that route.

Lastly, even if there is a "balanced" ratio of 1 CT to 2 T's, it's usually frustrating to play T side because with that many CT's it becomes exponentially difficult to rebel. Again I'd rather not change anything than put in a change to make the ratio balanced 24/7.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  417

1:2 ratio is a basis, not a hard line. Most players don't truly care enough when it's one off. On electric and other "easy rebel" maps, the ratio should be between 3:5 or 2:3. But obviously it can't always be that, and it shouldn't be. The plugin shouldn't switch Ts to CT to supposedly "balance ratio". If admins are on, they should call for ratio switches when it gets bad, but when it gets down to the heart of it, players should simply do it. Currently the incentive for playing T side is the climb to the !top, so that others become jealous. There is no such incentive for CTs sans a !cttop plugin that is so wildly buggy it shouldn't even be trusted to handle accurate time keeping. I know Infinityward and the rest of the Technical Team are trying their best, so I wish them good luck on finding something that works.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

I'm going to keep repeating the same thing over and over again until something actually changes; until an incentive is added to play CT in its' current state, things will continue to get worse.

I'm a big activist for keeping JB the way it is right now because what makes our version of JB special is how fun it is to play T side and how easy it is to rebel, but this makes CT frustrating and downright patronizing. Even as someone who commonly plays the side, it's hard to justify playing it when I'm not getting any reward out of it. I've made suggestions, but to be fair a good option hasn't arisen to give CT's an incentive to play a frustrating side.

I don't have the solution, but I've laid out the problem in full detail for months now and the solution has yet to be found. The only way to fix ratio permanently would be to make CT more fun and interesting by buffing them, but that would hurt the integrity of our adaptation of JB and make T side not as fun. I'd rather keep things the way they are than go down that route.

Lastly, even if there is a "balanced" ratio of 1 CT to 2 T's, it's usually frustrating to play T side because with that many CT's it becomes exponentially difficult to rebel. Again I'd rather not change anything than put in a change to make the ratio balanced 24/7.

Management has said time and time again that they don't have any issues with the "Deathmatch" meta but I don't think they have any intention to push further into that direction. While this issue has been brought up and outlined time and time again, as you've stated yourself, no solutions have been brought up that effectively address it without strong negative side effects. Management is seeking to address it in the way they best see fit as no better solutions have been brought up. Repeating the problem over and over without bringing a proper implementation to the table does not help. If you want to play devils advocate towards any suggested fixes, that would be closer to being productive.

• Like 2

1:2 ratio is a basis, not a hard line. Most players don't truly care enough when it's one off. On electric and other "easy rebel" maps, the ratio should be between 3:5 or 2:3. But obviously it can't always be that, and it shouldn't be. \\\

i think ideal ratio to have as a standard would be3 Cts to 1 T

also i think there should be an insentive for cts to use map deathgames and actually move ts around the maps more, following the tune of cts and ct being shit.

Edit: @Gentoo *ratio should follow a 1 ct to 3 T or 1:3 ratio. the point where there are too many Cts is when the ratio gets above 1:2*

Edited by The Real Slim Jim
Shiny Things

Reply to Thread