? servers

? players online

New PC build

• Content Count:  114

So I am looking to build a brand new computer right now and I wanted to see what you guys think of the parts that I have selected so far. My budget is at $1,500 and I am looking for any suggestions on any part of my build to create the best build for my budget. I would also like to hear all of y'all personal experience with certain PC parts such as AMD vs. Intel CPUs, AMD vs. NVIDIA graphics card, or if you guys would suggest a better cooler for the CPU instead of the stock cooler. Thank you for all the feedback!

The PC parts I have selected so far:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jvcVjp

• Like 2

• Content Count:  64

The build looks pretty good to me. You should look towards better timings for RAM. 18 doesn't do much with 3600 speed. 16 is what you should be looking for. That would be more expensive but not bank-breaking. I would personally get 2 drives: an ssd/nvme for main programs/apps and a hard drive for mass storage, but if one nvme drive of 1tb storage is enough for you, go for it. You don't need an after-market cooler unless you plan on overclocking. The stock is perfectly fine for general use.

You said you wanted to build this "right now", but the 30 series nvidia GPU's are launching in about a month. That means 20 series cards will drop in price. That also means there will be new cards that might have better value than the 2070 super. I would recommend waiting until then, unless you are in a hurry and extremely eager to get this built "right now". Buyer's remorse is the worst.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread