? servers

? players online

Donation Auto-Renewal

• Content Count:  5674

Consider disabling auto-renewal for donations.

If you look down the list of recurring supporters, I think anyone can easily spot out a good amount of people who probably aren't intentionally sending money every month. Some haven't played in ages, some left on bad terms, other times there's banned people who still have their donations being sent. I do recognize there's people (Ngo for instance, most likely) who want to send money consistently, but a bunch of other people are getting screwed over in the long run.

• Like 1

I probably should've elaborated. Change it so people are paying for 3 or 6 months at a time and give them the ability to overlap packages (so if someone wants to send money for the next 2 years, they buy 4 of the 6 month packages) or just allow them to pick how many months they want to donate for as opposed to just renewing it every month forever. You now have kids paying for the equivalent of a Netflix subscription with their parent's money and oftentimes it's up to them to remember to cancel it. Evidently, they tend not to. 

I don't see any justifiable reason to leave it the way it is besides the undeniable fact that there's definitely some extra funds flooding in due to this. Morals vs. a little extra cash is what it comes down to I suppose.

• Content Count:  594

Can't you just make it a one time payment w/ the amount of money that covers how many months they want to have it for. It's not the only option to make it renew. The only thing I'd really add to the Donations is a description of what you are getting if you are doing a single donation type of thing to also describe what you want

• Like 2
Edited by Mikey.

2 minutes ago, Mikey. said:

Can't you just make it a one time payment w/ the amount of money that covers how many months they want to have it for. It's not the only option to make it renew 

You're right actually, completely forgot. So just remove the auto-renewal option. Though, the one time donation thing could probably be changed from "how much do you want to donate" to "how many months do you want to donate for", just for the sake of simplicity.

Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  594

1 minute ago, Dominic said:

You're right actually, completely forgot. So just remove the auto-renewal option.

Some people might rather have the auto renewal, it just depends on the person when they are buying to pay attention to what they are fucking getting, not that hard.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  590

4 minutes ago, Mikey. said:

Can't you just make it a one time payment w/ the amount of money that covers how many months they want to have it for. It's not the only option to make it renew 

I personally think this is the best way to do it. Although I am jewish and do love the thought of $$$, I think Dominic does bring up a valid point about it being morally wrong. I know technically it's the donator's fault for not turning off automatic payments, but he is in a way getting robbed of his own money. Remove the auto-renewal and keep it the way Mikey has it.

Edited by duffy

Just now, Mikey. said:

Some people might rather have the auto renewal, it just depends on the person when they are buying to pay attention to what they are fucking getting, not that hard.

Very easy to use this as a justification while completely neglecting the fact that this is exactly what kids (who are probably the majority of the people donating) don't do.

• Content Count:  3294

1 minute ago, duffy said:

I personally think this is the best way to do it. Although I am jewish and do love the thought of $$$, I think Dominic does bring up a valid point about it being morally wrong. I know technically it's the donator's fault for not turning off automatic payments, but he is in a way getting robbed of his own money. We should implement what Mikey said so people don't donate more than what they wanted to.

As a fucntion adult in modern society, with credit cards, subscriptions, and some companies taking money from your account (wrongfully) it is your responsibility to either stay up to date with your bills or not give our your information. If you want to not have it as a subscription, you can do what @Mikey.said and send 100 dollars for 10 months of VIP etc.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  625

Maybe just having a monthly or every 2 month re-confirmation for people's subscriptions so that they can confirm that they are indeed paying for it and know that they are. E-mailing the person can help as if someone goes inactive usually they don't check the forums.

I don't think the idea of a one-time payment will work as most people would have to continuously make payments (as I don't think someone would make a payment for a 10 month subscription as people know there are always things that can cause you to not use up your 10 months).

• Like 2
Edited by splayd

Reply to Thread