? servers

? players online

Misinforming T's In An Optional DG

• Content Count:  634

so i was in waiting to start an optional deathgame {colours} when the ct told us we had 10 seconds till we start the deathgame. roughly 5 seconds later i fall through to colours water and die before i know whats happened.

Is misinforming a T about their deathgame considered freekilling if the t dies as a direct result?

• Content Count:  3294

So what I was told in this thread previously, is that CTs do not have to announce the start of a deathgame and Ts should always be ready for a deathgame to be started if they're at it (regardless what the CTs say).

On 9/19/2019 at 11:10 PM, fantastic said:

Rejected - if you're in a deathgame you should be aware that it will start at any second. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

so im more talking about giving misinformation rather than having to give information about it.

as a ct you have to explain deathgames before starting as far as im aware, obviously colours isnt anything to be explained, but intentionally explaining a deathgame in a way that it will lead to a t's death seems not too ok to me what are yall's thoughts on it? colours starting 5 seconds early is a hard deathgame tbh idk that im a fan...

TY for the quote @TheZZL it didn't show on your post yesterday.

Edited by The Real Slim Jim
new forums?

• Content Count:  1161

• CTs can only force map-made death-games and must let the death-game do the damaging and killing. The map-made death-game must give the Ts a reasonable chance to live.

Here's a quote from the Jailbreak Rules and FAQ, you were given a reasonable amount of time/chance to get on to the colors platform and get ready for the deathgame. I think tricking people in deathgames as a CT is fine, you as a T should be focusing on the deathgame and trying to live through it. That's just my thoughts on the whole situation, I'm sure a Server Manager could give some insight.

• Like 1
Edited by gween

• Content Count:  3294

16 minutes ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

so im more talking about giving misinformation rather than having to give information about it.

as a ct you have to explain deathgames before starting as far as im aware, obviously colours isnt anything to be explained, but intentionally explaining a deathgame in a way that it will lead to a t's death seems not too ok to me what are yall's thoughts on it? colours starting 5 seconds early is a hard deathgame tbh idk that im a fan...

CTs are not required to explain the game they are sending the Ts to, or at least they don't. I guess intentionally explaining a deathgame the wrong way might fall under the whole "Do not give confusing orders", but I think ill need some Manager clarification on that. However, Gween brings up a good point, also most deathgames are self explanatory.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  625

If there is something happening like this, it's just the action of a bad CT. Misinforming Ts isn't against the rules, and it really just comes down to the ability of the T. Things like:

• The T's awareness that they are volunteering for an optional deathgame
  • The T's knowledge of not assuming they will get instructions when doing said optional deathgame
  • The T knowing how to play what they signed up for
  • The T's awareness of when a deathgame starts

and overall the knowledge of the server. Better knowledge of how the server and its deathgames works will allow you to avoid situations like these on both the CT and T sides, you should know on CT to not misinform Ts as it just adds to the chaos of the server, doing it as a joke is fine but otherwise it's just a dick move.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

16 hours ago, TheZZL said:

if you're in a deathgame you should be aware that it will start at any second. Thanks for the suggestion though.

This still applies here though... the logic behind my quoted post hasn't changed. If you're in a deathgame you should be aware it will start at any second.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  85

16 minutes ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

death games need better rules so more cts actually use the maps we play on that aren't electric change my mind

A large issue is that ct's just want to delay and get kills a lot of the time. Unless you have regulars on the ct side you're just going to get people like that. And most ct's won't even do death games, so honestly, we just need some better players on, but that's out of anyone's control. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, InkySPOOKY said:

A large issue is that ct's just want to delay and get kills a lot of the time. Unless you have regulars on the ct side you're just going to get people like that. And most ct's won't even do death games, so honestly, we just need some better players on, but that's out of anyone's control. 

i have a plan a very shneaky plan

Reply to Thread