? servers

? players online

Jb Sound Board Jihad

• Content Count:  870

So One day I decided to hop on jb , like once a week now ,  and I came on to find out people arguing and people saying if it is a Freekill if the Guard Kills a T for using a sound board of a Jihad  , And I havent played jb for a while like 2 weeks now?
So I dont remember most of the rules Since I was playing other servers and MG , So I want to find the answer is this a Freekill or a Genuine Reason to Kill Someone?

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  568

41 minutes ago, Roddy said:

So One day I decided to hop on jb , like once a week now ,  and I came on to find out people arguing and people saying if it is a Freekill if the Guard Kills a T for using a sound board of a Jihad  , And I havent played jb for a while like 2 weeks now?
So I dont remember most of the rules Since I was playing other servers and MG , So I want to find the answer is this a Freekill or a Genuine Reason to Kill Someone?

It is freekill if they kill someone for using a soundboard Jihad because in the server a jihad was never activated. This is considered mic spam; Only reason they would be allowed to kill them for a soundboard jihad is if the order was "All T's off mic 15 seconds" and he had already been warning shot. Although this is just my opinion just wait for a AT to respond.

• Like 1
Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  409

I think amazing pretty much summed it up here as this is technically a freekill, however IMO less blame should be placed on the ct as playing the jihad sound through your mic is a. Considered micspam and is punishable. b. Intentionally creating unneeded confusion which can and will lead to accidental freekill. On JB we have warned a few players about this and are trying to crack down on it as much as possible. 

Edited by Rygor

• Content Count:  625

If you kill someone off of a voice chat jihad you wouldn't be able to kill off of sound, this situation only applies if you're only near 1 T and someone just decides to turn on their soundboard. This is indeed micspam as mentioned and is punishable; killing someone off of assuming they have a jihad since someone on the server used a soundboard is not justified. Both sides will be warned as a CT cannot kill someone for an activated jihad unless they are 100% sure it is them (sound cues, etc.) There is a noticeable difference between the sound of an activated jihad and a soundboard jihad, and a good CT should be able to discern the two as long as their voice chat is not very loud.

• Content Count:  1030

I think most everyone summed up what I was going to say,  but I'll reiterate a few things here. First of all, using a soundboard is not allowed so you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. 

Yes, it technically would be freekill, but I wouldn't and I doubt any other admin would act upon something like this. It's pretty obvious to tell when there's an actual jihad and when it's coming from a mic, the sound's going to be different and it's not going to change based on distance from the player. Also, your voice chat shouldn't be louder than your in-game sound unless you set it manually, so there should be a noticeably quiter jihad sound coming from a soundboard.

This situation is pretty simple to avoid; don't be a dumbass. If you're a T and using a soundboard jihad sound, expect to get killed for it. If you come whining to me and I assume any other admin, we're probably more likely to punish you for breaking the rules rather than the CT who killed you.

Edited by Benzene

• Content Count:  927

7 hours ago, splayd said:

This is indeed micspam as mentioned and is punishable; killing someone off of assuming they have a jihad since someone on the server used a soundboard is not justified. Both sides will be warned as a CT cannot kill someone for an activated jihad unless they are 100% sure it is them (sound cues, etc.) There is a noticeable difference between the sound of an activated jihad and a soundboard jihad, and a good CT should be able to discern the two as long as their voice chat is not very loud.

Vanya summed it up. There is a noticeable difference between a real jihad going off and one being played through a soundboard. CTs should only kill someone if they know the T is using their jihad. An admin should warn the T for micspamming and the CT for freekilling.  

If anyone has any questions, send me a PM on the forums.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread