Dreamz

SGSL Season 2 Champions

Posted (edited)

Congratulations to our SGSL Season 2 Champions, "?": @duffy@Casual@Edmund@Alex@tides@Greggy G@Yung Goob and @Reid99!

2nd place goes to "men": @fantastic@Black Rain@Kyle@Vee@WavY@Exk@Davie @G Brizzle and @BndC!

Third place goes to "Santiago Family": @BoA@Trazz@EvilEye@Drew4p@ThomasJason5@Lawooland @a6!

(prizes are still being decided upon but rest assured that you will be rewarded.)

Season 2 of SGSL has come to an abrupt and uneventful end. After last nights announcement, @fantastics "men" decided to forfeit to @duffys "?" due to a very busy schedule that wouldn't have allowed any time to play. As anticlimactic as this ending is, it's most definitely understandable for the Board's schedule to be very crammed with the release of the new forums, etc. Big thanks to @Trazz for making this happen in the first place!

I would like to give a special shoutout to our "crew". @Benzene@Poke@Kopsta@HardlineBooch@Kieran@Edmund@salmeine@Maniac@Hawks@Asher and anyone else that I forgot. Thank you guys for carrying the SGSL streams on your back and making them seem more "professional" than anything we could've done without you. From interviews to casting, you guys absolutely rocked your jobs and gave us some quality memes.

Of course a massive thank you to all the teams who played in the event! I can't tag every single team member, but if you played for a team or registered as a sub/free agent, this thank you is all yours!

There are so many other people who deserve a thank you, but as many as there are, I can't name all of you. If you helped with the SGSL is any way, thank you very much! Again, a huge congratulations to @duffyand his team!

(Season 3 when?)

Edited by Dreamz

@WavYYOU FUCKING BLOW BUDDY!!!!! 40 ADR SHITTER!!!!

Wait when was the finals?!??

............. i was in santiago family.... how could u leave me out also yeah fuck you @wavy you piece of shit carried diamond 1 

Why be allowed to play when you're just gonna forfeit in the finals? You didn't even attempt to schedule a match with us, and you found a time to play us once already so why not at least try again? It's crazy that it takes 2 months to decide you couldn't find the right time but even crazier that not even a day after you surrender and claim that scheduling is the issue.

8 minutes ago, G Brizzle said:

............. i was in santiago family.... how could u leave me out also yeah fuck you @wavy you piece of shit carried diamond 1 

I know you used to go by Inveal but I was trying to find your new name lol. I'll add you.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Casual said:

Why be allowed to play when you're just gonna forfeit in the finals? You didn't even attempt to schedule a match with us, and you found a time to play us once already so why not at least try again? It's crazy that it takes 2 months to decide you couldn't find the right time but even crazier that not even a day after you surrender and claim that scheduling is the issue.

Wasn't trazz's team unable to schedule a match for 2 weeks and didn't the rules say "Failure to schedule a match or arrive at match start with 5 players from your team will result in a forfeit. Two forfeits will result in a removal from the tournament" Plus everyone's in quarantine yall aren't doing anything.

Edited by Pred

Posted (edited)

Not gonna lie, this is extremely disappointing.

The fact it took over a month for a decision to be made about one match is astonishing to me. A forfeit or alternative should've been pushed through sooner. It's not a surprise that the final couldn't happen either considering no one thought this tournament would come anywhere close to the time school started up again.

Really hope this doesn't happen next season. Thanks to everyone who participated and helped out though.

Edited by Kieran

An unfortunate end to what would have been an incredibly hype season finale.

Hopefully next season will turn out better, but I definitely did enjoy working with people to make this season better than the last, only thing we can do now is make the next one better.

Congratulations team ?.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Pred said:

Wasn't trazz's team unable to schedule a match for 2 weeks and didn't the rules say "Failure to schedule a match or arrive at match start with 5 players from your team will result in a forfeit. Two forfeits will result in a removal from the tournament" 

Our team was available most days basically anytime before 9 pm. The problem is that Fantastic's team only wanted to play on weekends at night time. So we had a team who could play from 11am-9pm and they had a team who could play on Sunday and Saturday from 10pm-1am~. At one point, both teams were missing players because they were going on vacations with their families for a week. We would have been able to complete 2/3 matches but then Fanta had to cancel the match due to the new forums coming up, he and BR had to work on it. After that school got in the way for both team captains and it was decided with a coin flip. It's not like we didn't try to schedule matches. Our team gave fantastic our schedule for the week with times and days we are available but our team and their team just couldn't find a good time.

Edited by EvilEye

when you weren't able to get absolutely destroyed by @duffyand @Edmund 's open strats 

Great season with tons of hype moments! Thanks to all the hard work everyone put into making this happen and all the players who participated!

Congrats to ? season 3 is gonna be lit!