Sign in to follow this  
Dreamz

SGSL Feedback

Posted (edited)

I have a good feeling I know how this thread will go, but we are seeking feedback on Season 2 of the SGSL. What was good about this season? What was bad? What can we change for next season? How can we improve? etc.

First off, let me say that I know the ending of SGSL Season 2 was very disappointing. If your feedback has anything to do with that, please keep it constructive rather than derisive.

Thank you.

Edited by Dreamz

Posted (edited)

Good:

Lots of matches got done at the start.

Bracket felt pretty fair.
Good variety in casters.
Introduction of interviews was very entertaining.
Scrim discord was very useful and well set up.

Bad:
The last two matches took forever to find a "solution" to the scheduling issues.
Inconsistent streaming (Dreamz wasn't always available or there to stream).
Some inconsistent quality of casting.
Lack of subs/reserves.

Suggestions:
Figure out a plan for matches that keep getting postponed. Set a time limit (maybe like 2 weeks) where if a match can't get scheduled, an alternative is used to pick a winner.
Actually do an All-Star game next time.
Get more than one streamer so we don't have to worry about availability.
Just make sure all casters are actually able to cast at a high level.
Figure out a backup sub plan if no subs or signed up free agents are available (emergency sub/fa system, not sure how you wanna go about this). This might help with scheduling issues.

Edited by Kieran

I agree with Kieran I just wanted to add that I didn't like the way versing ppl was set up. I find it somewhat dumb that it was made random in the beginning to figure out a bracket. If you ask me, the teams should be labeled from best to worst, then the way it works is that the best team verses the worst team and then second best verses second worst and so on. 

Kieran spoke on most of the main points. Honestly everything was pretty great minus a few things but for next season we should make sure we have a streamer, shoutcaster, and someone for interviews on deck and inform them on any changes made to scheduling so everyone can be kept in the loop versus last minute asking wtf is going on.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kieran said:

Get more than one streamer so we don't have to worry about availability.
Just make sure all casters are actually able to cast at a high level.

I agree with this. I think it would be cool to schedule streamer/casters at the time the match thread is created. A lot of times, we were scrambling to find a second caster minutes before the match started. Organization is something we most definitely need to work on. Thank you, @Kieran for the quality feedback. 

Edited by Dreamz

Be less of a hardass when a team needs ONE more player and theres a player in spectate waiting...