? servers

? players online

Tf2 event

• Content Count:  157

I think either a hide and seek or a Simon says type of event would satisfy for our first tf2 event. Originally I backed out of this idea last second due to how new the server is, but realized an event doesn’t have to be done exactly the day or week it is posted but rather when the server has time to do events. I only originally thought of doing an infection event idea but stopped due to that usually requiring a whole other server. I personally think a tf2 Simon says event would work better than a hide and seek, but that is just my opinion. The only question that would arise from this is if we would need to make a whole new FFA server for this event or if there already is a server for that, of which you could choose a game-mode for FFA. Anyways, if this isn’t a good enough event, I will try to think of more events for tf2!

• Content Count:  430

TF2 generally isn’t as event-friendly as CS:GO and other games we do events on. Most big TF2 servers such as Skial and BlackWonder don’t really do events at all afaik. 

The thing about TF2 is, there’s probably already a dedicated community server for most popular events. Take prophunt, arguably one of the most fun minigames on TF... there’s 24/7 servers for that. Knowing the TF2 community, I imagine them seeing that their favorite 24/7 2Fort server was instead playing hide and seek, for example, might turn them off from our server. Events might bring the players in our community together, but I’m not sure if it’d appeal to others who come for a classic 2Fort or Dustbowl experience. By no means am I against it, I’m just stating my thoughts and concerns about TF2 server events.

That being said, I have no clue what the managers have in mind. That’s just my thoughts on it. 

• Like 1
Edited by Toasty
Added.

Reply to Thread