? servers

? players online

Solutions to Mass FK/Disconnect problem

• Content Count:  6

This is just a loose brainstorm on ways us as players, or server staff , can identify individuals who connect once daily to mass FK and then instantly disconnect.  I may be wrong but the way zzl refers to this issue makes me think a solution has not been found yet.  The only thing I can think of is a reward system for those who can successfully screenshot or screen record this incidents.  Please let me know if you have better ideas though :))

• Content Count:  127

Janet, if you memorize their names, you can find their ID through stats. That would be the last option (i think)

Other ways would be to use status in console or opening their steam profile before they leave. Another would be to use shadowplay or some other recording software. Worse case scenario is the mass freekiller leaves and no one gets their name, ID, steam profile, or a clip and if no admin was on. Which I kinda doubt since names arent easy to forget. I dont think a reward system is needed since getting them banned is a good enough reward

Edited by Snatch_Tee

• Content Count:  625

A lot of recording softwares/overlays (at least the ones I know about) allow you to record while playing, then save the most recent 30s/5m/10m. This would help with MFK and leavers, and with 2 clips I think would warrant a lengthy CTban or possibly a normal ban depending on who they are.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

There's no way to stop someone from breaking the rules, but there are many things you can do as a regular to get them punished for their actions. For starters, you can make a Player Complaint with evidence to get them banned. Use the guide here if you need help on getting a recording software. Secondly, an admin can ban that player for Freekill and leave and you can also type !calladmin to report rule breakers. The strategy I use to determine who may be an individual that may possibly break the rules is if I either don't recognize them or if they have a brand new account/seem to have a new account but are familiar with the rules/gameplay (This doesn't mean harass any player that's new). The only other things we have set in place to deter instant rule-breakers is the CT-Timer plugin; It basically disallows you to join CT side unless you have 25~+ minutes of gameplay.

• Content Count:  116

I feel that a reward for reporting mass freekillers isn't the right way to go about things, because then people could just get friends to come on and mass freekill and record it to get the reward for doing so. This could make the issue worse then it is. Like ZZL said theres many ways to find people even if they leave and report them.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  498

The issue with people who come on and troll by mass freekilling, mic spamming or racism is that we as admins cannot act until an action is taken. Me and other jb admins like @splayd and @TheZZL have a 6th sense we can tell what’s gonna happen before it does so we try to stop the issue as fast as possible. For the reward part, we don’t need a reward for keeping the servers clean of rule breakers as that’s our job, it doesn’t make much sense to reward members for reporting others mfks.

• Like 1
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  634

download nvidia geforce experience or another software that records for a period of time before you hit record// this way you dont have to be recording 100% of the time and it uses way less system performance.

if someone dc's from the server it will paste their steam id in chat screenshot it!!! alternately if you can get in your console before they leave the server and type in "status" and screen shot their id.

thats about it really other than putting in time and getting to admin and beyond.

• Content Count:  3294

As said by many others, there will never be a perfect solution to this. The only good solution is to have a mix of active admins and engaged regulars who are willing to create Player Complaints and use !calladmin in-game to report these rule-breakers. 

Please read the Player Complaint Procedure before making a player complaint, and click here to learn how to download and use certain recording softwares. 

• Like 2

Reply to Thread