Sign in to follow this  
gween

New styles

Recommended Posts

I know we've talked about this a little in the MG chat, and I've heard something may be in the works already, but I figured I'd make a thread just so we can post and keep our thoughts in one centralized location.

 

I was thinking we could add styles such as: slow motion, prespeed-allowed, quake, rocket jump, double jump, s only, d only, and a only. These are just the styles that I can remember off the top of my head from the bhop server that I think would be a good addition to MG. These probably won't get added, just something that I thought should be brought up.

Edited by gween

Share this post


Link to post

We shouldn't be trying to turn the MG server into a second Bhop Server. The main, most played styles were added and imo is plenty. Honestly we should be shying away from more course ideas and courses in general but like I said, my opinion.

Edited by Sully

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sully said:

We shouldn't be trying to turn the MG server into a second Bhop Server. The main, most played styles were added and imo is plenty. Honestly we should be shying away from more course ideas and courses in general but like said, my opinion.

Course is being played less then it was a few months ago so I dont think adding new styles or new course maps would make course more dominant. But, I dont think we need too many styles so maybe just add slow motion as rocket jump feels like low grav but I might be wrong. 

Edited by BloodBlades

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BloodBlades said:

Course is being played less then it was a few months ago so I dont think adding new styles or new course maps would make course more dominant. But, I dont think we need too many styles so maybe just add slow motion as rocket jump feels like low grav but I might be wrong. 

I've been active for this past week and it's mainly been course.

I completely agree with @Sully's opinion. Shouldn't be adding a ton of styles.

Share this post


Link to post

Even though this thread is old ima still post. It is no secret  the server is course dominated. About 60% of the maps played are courses . And maybe adding new styles would feed into this but I think its needed. Courses are the maps that populate the server. And recently regs have been getting bored of it (leads to regs playing less and less) . As adding new course maps wont do much for the server. The new map will be played non stop for a  week and then basically never be played again. I think the only real way to make course more enjoyable again for a long period of time is adding new styles. Like in bhop if there were combined styles added that would be cool. Like lowgrav hsw or lowgrav sw. Think adding styles is the only real way to make the regs more engaged with the server again and overall make it more enjoyable. When parkour and the other styles were added the server there was a noticeable increase in playing courses and players playing for longer as people wanted to get records with the new style. I think adding only  a few  of these combined styles would be good as it wont make course go out of hand. btw  at first I thought adding new styles would hurt the server as it would be more course dominated but after rethinking it most of the regs are here for course so why not just feed into the main reason regs and people are here.  Just my thoughts though on the whole adding new style. 

Edited by BloodBlades

Share this post


Link to post

Here's an idea to get the server rolling again, toss course. Very simple, very effective. There's a reason why we only have an average player count of three. I rarely touch the server now because it's 24/7 course but I'm not an idiot, it's pretty clear it doesn't populate the server. I am still dumbfounded as to how we let our population migrate to GFL and Karma, all in the name of course.

On 9/6/2020 at 9:45 PM, Sully said:

We shouldn't be trying to turn the MG server into a second Bhop Server. The main, most played styles were added and imo is plenty. Honestly we should be shying away from more course ideas and courses in general but like I said, my opinion.

 

1 hour ago, BloodBlades said:

I think the only real way to make course more enjoyable again for a long period of time is adding new styles. Like in bhop if there were combined styles added that would be cool. Like lowgrav hsw or lowgrav sw. Think adding styles is the only real way to make the regs more engaged with the server again and overall make it more enjoyable.

Adding new styles won't do anything. If the popular ones don't fill the server, the shitty one's wont either. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this