Happy Man

Call of Duty: Black ops Cold War

I've been a big fan of Cod from since the release of Black ops 1 all the way until the release of WW2. After that, i kinda lost interest in the series. 

I've been eyeing up the new Cod game this year and it looks pretty promising. I like multiplayer, but I'm mainly a zombies guy. Watching the little 3 second zombies reveal got me pretty hyped with the return of the M1911, Jug, and monkey bombs. What do you guys think? Is the game worth copping?

Personally, I'm going to wait for the beta to be played by youtubers, twitch steamers, etc. to see if I like the gameplay. I played up until ghosts and then bought Black Ops 4, however, I played like 15 minutes of that game lol.

I’m with paggos here I’m mainly in it for the zombies. I’ve spent hundreds of hours playing that game mode and I love everything about it. But of course I’m going to try out multiplayer, probably gonna preorder it soon hoping it doesn’t disappoint me like black ops 4 did

I like the look and style of it. Black Ops 1 is my favorite CoD after MW2. I'll give it a shot.

Imo, this game doesn't seem as good as it was hyped up to be. Looking at the gameplay, graphics are downgraded compared to modern warfare, and the parkour aspect of the game isn't as good. Meaning mounting is less limited and there aren't as many things you can jump over.

On the topics of guns they show how much the percentage of putting an attachment will affect your gun and they went down the path by making suppressors do less dmg, which is stupid, modern warfare doesn't do this.

The only hope I have for this game is their zombies and campaign at this point. Multiplayer doesn't really interest me to make me want to buy it, so I'm hoping if they have a "Warzone" it will be free.

18 minutes ago, Polarzz said:

Imo, this game doesn't seem as good as it was hyped up to be. Looking at the gameplay, graphics are downgraded compared to modern warfare, and the parkour aspect of the game isn't as good. Meaning mounting is less limited and there aren't as many things you can jump over.

The multiplayer looks exactly like Battlefield, both in graphics and gameplay.

19 minutes ago, Polarzz said:

On the topics of guns they show how much the percentage of putting an attachment will affect your gun and they went down the path by making suppressors do less dmg, which is stupid, modern warfare doesn't do this.

Also, keep in mind that the game is literally in alpha right now, and they're likely gonna change a lot in terms of weapon balance, since that seems to be the main complaint from the multiplayer from what I can see.

from what i've seen it looks good but i would wait for the beta to release to say for certain how this game will play out. (the zombies teaser was awesome tho)

Tbh I only care about Campaign and Zombies and the teaser for Zombies was soooo good... monkey bombs are back, Jugg is back, nacht like map? If the opening map is like Final Reich from WW2, Treyarch can have my money

1 hour ago, Happy Man said:

I've been eyeing up the new Cod game this year and it looks pretty promising.

I've been saying that to myself for the past 4 years, they haven't lived up to the hype once. Like a lot of people have already said, I'm in it for the Campaign and Zombies. 

I know multiplayer is going to be a shit show

Edited by gween

@gweenI agree lmao, I remember when Revelations came out and everyone CLOWNED Treyarch for the ending. Then the ending of the Aether story-line was probably the my least favorite easter egg cutscene ever. I have no real expectations for the zombies story-line in BO:CW, but if they bring back chaos I'm gonna cry. I just hope that they do some sort of prequel.

9 hours ago, paggos said:

Also, keep in mind that the game is literally in alpha right now, and they're likely gonna change a lot in terms of weapon balance, since that seems to be the main complaint from the multiplayer from what I can see.

There is no way this game can still be in alpha right now if the release date is November 13th

The game overall just doesn't look original anymore. Modern Warfare was a good change but this just looks like a worse Modern Warfare that tried to mix in black ops. It just doesn't look new and innovative. I don't think I'm going to get it.

Spoiler

afCnnq8.jpg

Game looks like a ADHD nightmare, or at least the trailer. Some alt-history COD games would be interesting.

Edited by SilentGuns

22 hours ago, Acer said:

The game overall just doesn't look original anymore. Modern Warfare was a good change but this just looks like a worse Modern Warfare that tried to mix in black ops. It just doesn't look new and innovative. I don't think I'm going to get it.

Unfortunately, that tends to happen when games have yearly releases for over a decade. Modern Warfare was a reboot and brought back nostalgic feelings as well as a "next gen" feeling plus they enhanced the battle royale. There's not much they can do in a year of development to push the envelope. You started to see this happen with Assassins Creed until they decided that yearly releases hindered the quality of the games and now you start to see how they can take more time and polish up ideas. It's a shame cause the brand itself will sell no matter.