? servers

? players online

So how's School going

• Content Count:  625

My school schedule is wack, covid cases are climbing and there is no preparation at all (3rd year high school)

Basically we have 4 periods per semester, we have half days every other day consisting of only one subject. The half days are 2.5 hour blocks (in person) which is boring asf when you're doing math for that entire time, and we only switch periods every 2 weeks. The other 3 periods are squished in the other 2.5 hours of the day online.

Not to mention the absolutely confusing and unnecessary rotational system they have that doesn't go periods 1-2-3-4 | 2-3-4-1 | 3-4-1-2 | 4-1-2-3 but instead 1-2-3-4 | 2-1-3-4 | 3-4-1-2 | 4-3-1-2

Just wanted to rant about how unplanned my school board is and how it would be more beneficial to just not go to school at all and learn on our own, school sux

• Like 1
Edited by splayd

• Content Count:  459

2 minutes ago, John said:

Not a fan of online learning. I like the convenience of it but I get too distracted and I feel like I'm not learning anything.

yea, same here. I don't really like it but generally I do good depending on how the teacher is and how they teach. and the schedule is ass, i have a class that makes me completely skip lunch due to starting and ending times on certain classes (yes i'm actually going to school)

• Like 1
Edited by Astral

• Content Count:  2693

1 minute ago, Astral said:

yea, same here. I don't really like it but generally I do good depending on how the teacher is and how they teach. 

Yeah. My English professor is teaching pretty well. I love my Networking class but it just feels like my professor isn't really teaching. Just reading stuff off of a slide.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  200

These days, it's been pretty hectic for me since my school is repeatedly changing everyone's schedules around (switching around classes, teachers, and periods). Just yesterday, my ap gov teacher changed to some other random fucker and my legal ethics changed into criminal law. I have to repeatedly send new emails asking for an invite to the google classrooms, filling out new class contracts and doing the previous assignments.

• Content Count:  459

20 minutes ago, John said:

Yeah. My English professor is teaching pretty well. I love my Networking class but it just feels like my professor isn't really teaching. Just reading stuff off of a slide.

mhm i have a money and budgeting esk class where she literally reads paragraphs and tells us to do homework on what she read instead of teaching.

• Like 1
Edited by Astral

• Content Count:  1952

my schedule is actually not bad, it's a rotating one 1-4 then next day is 5-8 each class is for 1 hour, 10-15 minute breaks in between and 1 hour 20 minute lunches. No school on Wednesday every day as well. Gotta say even with all the benefits of maximizing my absolute fat ass, I still do not like online school because I feel so unfocused and disorganized half the time. My teachers are all great except for my APUSH teacher who makes the students take notes for the class like they're some sort of meeting.

Guaranteed to stay online for the entire first semester too so, still gotta see how things are going to play out.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread