Sign in to follow this  
Uno

Anime Recommendations

I just finished FMAB and I need some anime/manga recommendations.

Also, I'm open to any genre.

Edited by Uno

ty @Senpai for the list

Isekai

Sports

Slice of Life

Other

Movies

There's also a stickied thread that you can look through here.

Edited by gween

Current ones this season that might be worth watching 

-Tonikaku Kawaii - over the moon for you. 

- Irregular at Magic Highschool 2

-Danmachi 3

- Jujutsu Kaisen

- Burn the Witch

-Yashahime (InuYasha continuation)

-Demon Slayer Movie (releasing the 17th idk where tho lol)

-Iwa Kakeru! 

-Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen

-Noblesse (never watched yet but apparently its supposed to be good)

Ofc if you aren't caught up to any of the second/third season releases watch the rest before. 

Edited by Case

1 minute ago, Happy Man said:

Darling in the Franxx is probably one of my favorites

@Reid99go off I guess

If you haven't already, watch STEINS;GATE. Thanks bat

Edited by Noxstar

Attack on titan. It is by far the most interesting show I've ever watched. It hooks you from the 1st episode and the plot is truly amazing. The 4th and final season is dropping in december. I have no doubts that when it comes out, the show will be one of the greatest of all time.

Definitely watch HunterxHunter if you haven’t yet. Took me 2-3 months to complete the entire anime and I took my time and enjoyed every second of it. I’ve watched quite a handful of other anime’s as well now and I can safely say, nothing compares to HxH.

40 minutes ago, Happy Man said:

Darling in the Franxx is probably one of my favorites

Dude omg me to!!!1! I cant believe Zero Two and Hero!!11! They changed my lyfe! I want a relationship like them sooooooo bwaddddd :( I can only wish!!11!!1

Edited by Case

9 minutes ago, Case said:

Dude omg me to!!!1! I cant believe Zero Two and Hero!!11! They changed my lyfe! I want a relationship like them sooooooo bwaddddd :( I can only wish!!11!!1

stfu bully

Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoshitsu) is one of my personal favorites that I believe hasn't been listed yet

Old School Anime:

• Baccano! - A crazy fantasy caper involving alchemists, immortals, gangsters, outlaws and an elixir of immortality, spread over several decades.
  • Cowboy Bebop* - bounty hunter chases criminals
  • Clannad - slice of life will make you cry
  • Code Geass** - protagonist stands out in opposition to the gigantic the the Holy Britannian Empire after granted the supernatural power named Geass
  • Death Note** - protagonist Light Yagami finds a Death Note which makes people die if their names are written on the note
  • D.Gray Man - kid joins an organisation named the Black Order, and becomes an Exorcist, whose purpose is to put a stop to The Earl of Millennium's plans to destroy humanity with his army of Akuma
  • Ghost in the Shell - parallel world where science is highly developed and "girl" helps prevent crimes
  • Gurren Lagann - two teenagers who live in a subterranean village and wish to go to the surface
  • Hunter x Hunter  - kid tries to become a Hunter -- an adventurer who performs tasks like capturing criminals and discovering uncharted lands
  • Kuroshitsuji (season 1) - young Victorian-era Earl who contracts his soul to a demon in exchange for the power to get revenge on those who wronged him
  • Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - slice of life time loop craziness 
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion - kid finds himself recruited as a member of an elite team of pilots by his father.
  • Soul Eater - group of students who attend a school for aspiring demon hunters

Semi more recent anime:

• Angel Beats* - Wayward souls find themselves seeking resolution for the things they missed out on while alive
  • Assassination Classroom - Alien teachers teaches bad students 
  • Hyouka* - weird slice of life
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - clusterfuck of an anime I don't wanna talk about it
  • Parasyte** - gory murderous parasites inhabit humans
  • Psycho Pass* - dystopian crime mystery
  • The Seven Deadly Sins - Tavern owner reconnects with past to help a passerby and adventures and shit shows happen
  • Steins;Gate** - Time Machine time loop
  • Tokyo Ghoul* (1&2 are better) - dude gets attacked and becomes a ghoul, beings who eat humans
  • Your Lie in April** - tragic love story between kids and instruments
  •  

Newer/ongoing anime:

• Attack on Titan** - Horror anime, big titans eat tiny humans
  • Black Clover - kids go against each other to become wizard king
  • Demon Slayer Kimestu no Yaiba - dude's sister becomes demon, little dude becomes demon slayer to avenge dead family 
  • Food Wars - food competition
  • Kami no Tou - tryna get to that tower of god
  • Konusuba  God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! - kid dies in an accident and is sent to another world with the goddess Aqua
  • My Hero Academia** - cool shounen power anime
  • Noblesse - based off of a webtoon, old noble who's been asleep for 820 years
  • One Punch Man - dude has become so powerful that he defeats all of his opponents in one punch
  • Rent a GirlFriend
  • Re:Zero** - protagonist has ability to  return to life after death
  • Violet Evergarden** - Previously orphaned child soldier becomes a ghostwriter for those who are unable to write themselves in an attempt to learn the meaning of the words "I love you."

ones with stars are the ones I've personally watched and would recommend or have heard that they were bomb
will add more when I'm home

Edited by Charliere

21 hours ago, Case said:

Current ones this season that might be worth watching 

-Tonikaku Kawaii - over the moon for you. 

- Irregular at Magic Highschool 2

-Danmachi 3

- Jujutsu Kaisen

- Burn the Witch

-Yashahime (InuYasha continuation)

-Demon Slayer Movie (releasing the 17th idk where tho lol)

-Iwa Kakeru! 

-Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen

-Noblesse (never watched yet but apparently its supposed to be good)

Ofc if you aren't caught up to any of the second/third season releases watch the rest before. 

Something feels off with this list just can't put my finger on it.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - students try to kill their sensei by the end of the year
Youkoso Jitsuryoku - Personally one of my favorite shows. Students get placed rank A-D and classrooms battle it out.
Yakusoku no Neverland - 3 kids at a orphanage uncover the secrets of the place
Death Parade -  Death games with soul as payment
Zankyou no Terror - terrorism boom boom anime
Yowamushi Pedal -  weak mc that loves bicycling (sports anime)
Mirai Nikki - Battle royal with diaries

5 hours ago, Arctic said:

Definitely watch HunterxHunter if you haven’t 

You’ve made @Nolanvery happy.

Haikyuu would be a big change of pace from fullmetal, but if you give it five episodes I guarantee you wont want to stop. Loveable characters, fantastic action, amazing music, etc, etc, etc. Yes its a an anime about volleyball, and you just watched an over-the-top-action-magic anime, but give it a chance and who knows, maybe sports anime aren't as boring as they sound

Pokemon XY

Pokemon XYZ

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I recommend you get a filler list btw. if you're a mad man, watch all of the episodes.