? servers

? players online

retakes event

• Content Count:  905

so recently there was a week long scrim event with each day having different stuff like mirrored maps maybe this can happen to retakes too like multiple day event with fun and werid stuff every day like auto hop, mirrored maps, wallhacks stuff like that

• Like 1
Edited by 20 scrolls

• Content Count:  870

We had to cancel most of the events since we didnt have enough players , I tried to help acer to help getting players but it was all bad timing, everyone was playing among us and we had a jb meeting and shit like that so we only got to play like 1-2 games in a total of 7

• Content Count:  568

4 minutes ago, Yoddr said:

We had to cancel most of the events since we didnt have enough players , I tried to help acer to help getting players but it was all bad timing, everyone was playing among us and we had a jb meeting and shit like that so we only got to play like 1-2 games in a total of 7

What are you saying... The scrim server and retakes are completely different servers where you don't need 10 people to play a game... I honestly don't see this event lasting a week long because as Case said it's not a good idea considering people play Retakes to warmup. Especially if people are just jumping around, can see you through walls, and mirrored maps would throw them off. 

• Content Count:  1030

The Retakes server is seen as much more of a competitive server than a fun one. People go on Retakes to warm up, and to simulate a competitive matchmaking experience, usually not to horse around and have fun (although there are players that like doing that kind of stuff). This is why you see that the goal of our Retakes server is to keep the experience of the players as similar as possible to an actual Retake scenario in a competitive match.

An event, especially a weeklong event, that includes things that deviate more from a matchmaking-like experience probably wouldn't perform well. Some regulars, as well as newer players who join to play Retakes during this event will leave, and if the event lasts a week, someone who is not a member of the community probably won't come back. Another issue is that the maximum amount of players in the server is 9, so if there were an event people would most likely have to wait to participate.

All in all, events for servers like Retakes servers are incredibly limited due specifically to the fact that with a server like this, you're trying to give the players the feel of an actual matchmaking experience.

• Content Count:  793

As has already been said, this probably won't happen especially because we like to keep retakes as normal as possible. Overall though, it's not a bad suggestion and something a little different could be coming soon most likely on a different server.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1633

Yeah, @Acer pretty much summed it up. We've toyed around with retakes events before but it doesn't seem appropriate to host events on a server meant to simulate normal Counter-Strike. 

While I don't plan on hosting events on this server, I do plan on adding seasons with prizes soon. Wouldn't classify it as an "event" but it's close to one. 

• Like 2

Reply to Thread