Andrew

Prime Only

I know that this has been brought up multiple times and has been rejected, but I think that this should be looked into. I'm not sure what else to say other than that I'm aware of the concern of maintain population and I will say that having these people join is not benefitting the server in any way. if you want stats, go look at the newest 50 people who recently joined the servers and gained points. I've looked into almost all 50 of them and I'd say about 30-35 of them are probably throwaway accounts without prime from people who are previously banned. It's honestly up to you what you want to do with this information, but I think that a lot of people are not looking to play against these types of people. @Damon

Edited by Andrew

them being banned , dosent really mean a fuck if they arent banned from SG , SG welcomes everyone

Edited by Yoddr

2 minutes ago, Yoddr said:

them being banned , dosent really mean a fuck if they arent banned from SG , SG welcomes everyone

He is talking about people banned from SG

Edited by gween

2 minutes ago, Yoddr said:

This makes no sense. I'm aware that there are a lot of good people that play on the servers without prime, but there are so many people that abuse this and grief the server which doesn't help. This doesn't even have to be a permanent change, but I think that running an experiment with it might be a good idea.

As much as it doesn't sound too bad, making sg prime only would kill the population of all the servers. nah not about it.

Edited by f0x

I don't think that the issue is  as much of a problem on other servers. I was talking specifically MG. If you play the server you probably know how bad it can be. 

Edited by Andrew

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I don't think that the issue is  as much of a problem on other servers. I was talking specifically MG. If you play the server you probably know how bad it can be. 

MG isn't really popular to begin with and I'm not talking about like in general just as a gamemode but I don't think this issue is a big one considering its MG if your talking about making just MG prime only it would be a problem because since its not very popular it would kill the population if you have a problem I recommend calling an admin since this will likely get Rejected.   

15 minutes ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

MG isn't really popular to begin with and I'm not talking about like in general just as a gamemode but I don't think this issue is a big one considering its MG if your talking about making just MG prime only it would be a problem because since its not very popular it would kill the population if you have a problem I recommend calling an admin since this will likely get Rejected.   

Sure, the population of MG isn't the best, but my point is that the growth of the server is being hindered by the fact that there are too many people with alt accounts wreaking havoc on the servers. As I pointed out, if you look at the past 50 players, hell even last 100 players, on both pages 35 of them are lvl 0 or 1 accounts that haven't reconnected since the day they joined and are known ban evaders that consistently rejoin and cause problems. 

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Sure, the population of MG isn't the best, but my point is that the growth of the server is being hindered by the fact that there are too many people with alt accounts wreaking havoc on the servers. As I pointed out, if you look at the past 50 players, hell even last 100 players, on both pages 35 of them are lvl 0 or 1 accounts that haven't reconnected since the day they joined and are known ban evaders that consistently rejoin and cause problems. 

Yea but man you don't understand you know how much the population will go down bro its ganna be BAD. That's the main point and the admins can just ban the alt accounts its not really a problem.

4 minutes ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

Yea but man you don't understand you know how much the population will go down bro its ganna be BAD. That's the main point and the admins can just ban the alt accounts its not really a problem.

You saying that the population will be bad has no evidence. I mean, MG was more popular when you had to pay 15 dollars to play on the server. In regard to the admins, these people have generators that consistently spit out alt accounts. Its virtually impossible to track, confirm, and ban these players faster than they create accounts.

Edited by Andrew

2 minutes ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

It's pretty easy to tell what account is an alt or not, but we can't just go around banning every person who has a level 1 account. We have to be able to prove it is that exact person who is alting. If prime accounts only was turned on it would drastically reduce the amount of alt accounts coming onto the server, it may drive the pop down a little, but the people who get on to alt and troll also drive the pop down. Pick your poison.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

You saying that the population will be bad has no evidence. I mean, MG was more popular when you had to pay 15 dollars to play on the server. In regard to the admins, these people have generators that consistently spit out alt accounts. Its virtually impossible to track, confirm, and ban these players faster than they create accounts.

Not ganna argue just take my opinion into account and good luck with the suggestion man. 

I understand the frustration, but we will lose 80% of our regs. Our regs are mostly younger players that probably don't own a credit card. They won't be able to just buy prime on the fly.

This would slay the server for good probably.

Comparing it to years ago doesn't help either. Back then we had more of a backbone of admins and regulars within the community. At the moment we only have a few dedicated community members like yourself. Without them we cant really change this.

Edited by Damon

I don’t really want to delve into just raw statistics, but I think that 80% of the regs that play the server don’t have prime is an overstatement. I’ve personally asked almost everyone who has been online for the past 2-ish days along with looking into the most recent players who played on the servers and it’s generally split into 3 groups. The majority are these alt accounts made by players with ill intent. As I have mentioned before, looking into the past recent 100 players who have joined and briefly played on the server in the past month, about 65-70 of them are likely to be throwaway alt accounts. The other portion are the players with prime or without prime that appear to not be these types of accounts and almost all of them, and I’m talking probably 85%, have prime. As of right now, there is one person that I know of, that has consistently played MG for multiple days in a row that doesn’t actually have prime. At the end of the day though, what come out of this is really up to you.

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

I don’t really want to delve into just raw statistics, but I think that 80% of the regs that play the server don’t have prime is an overstatement. I’ve personally asked almost everyone who has been online for the past 2-ish days along with looking into the most recent players who played on the servers and it’s generally split into 3 groups. The majority are these alt accounts made by players with ill intent. As I have mentioned before, looking into the past recent 100 players who have joined and briefly played on the server in the past month, about 65-70 of them are likely to be throwaway alt accounts. The other portion are the players with prime or without prime that appear to not be these types of accounts and almost all of them, and I’m talking probably 85%, have prime. As of right now, there is one person that I know of, that has consistently played MG for multiple days in a row that doesn’t actually have prime. At the end of the day though, what come out of this is really up to you.

I have to disagree on this, If they did turn on Prime again, it would kill the server as Damon already stated, but to the point to where I am at on TTT, I can vouch and say we have met 10-20 new comers and seen them come back to the server enjoying there selves. Most of the players do start out by breaking the rules but when they start talking to the players and learn they're doing something wrong, they usually take the time to read through our rules or there is an admin or Regular player there to walk them through how to play. I can agree there are some people who are making throw away accounts to do ill content on the servers but at the end of the day some of the admins are active enough to see it and are on to stop it, if they're not then regulars or the forums to make a report on that player pops up into chat every 10-20 minutes.  I just don't see the big deal about having prime on for any Community Server as you shut your doors to more people.

At the end of the day, Yes numbers means future endeavors with sponsors or anything that the Marketing Team may be looking at it, but at the end of the day the community is your building block. That Block shouldn't be touch unless needed to because if you push the community in the wrong direction that can be the end of a community very quickly to people that don't realize it.  

4 hours ago, ImHunterIRL said:

I have to disagree on this, If they did turn on Prime again, it would kill the server as Damon already stated, but to the point to where I am at on TTT, I can vouch and say we have met 10-20 new comers and seen them come back to the server enjoying there selves. Most of the players do start out by breaking the rules but when they start talking to the players and learn they're doing something wrong, they usually take the time to read through our rules or there is an admin or Regular player there to walk them through how to play. I can agree there are some people who are making throw away accounts to do ill content on the servers but at the end of the day some of the admins are active enough to see it and are on to stop it, if they're not then regulars or the forums to make a report on that player pops up into chat every 10-20 minutes.  I just don't see the big deal about having prime on for any Community Server as you shut your doors to more people.

At the end of the day, Yes numbers means future endeavors with sponsors or anything that the Marketing Team may be looking at it, but at the end of the day the community is your building block. That Block shouldn't be touch unless needed to because if you push the community in the wrong direction that can be the end of a community very quickly to people that don't realize it.  

I just want to point out, this is directed towards MG. I'm aware of what you are talking about in regard to TTT but MG is a different story. Basically, there's a group of edgy sweatbags who have been banned before on MG, whether it be cheating, racism, toxicity, and ban evading. Either way, these guys have convinced themselves that they are the good guys and are doing the server a favor by keeping it alive with their HUNDREDS of alt accounts that regularly ban evade, spam the hard r in chat, and cheat. Or, they are the same guys that aren't banned but alt anyway pretending to cheat on any MG or DM game mode. At this point, there are more people joining on those alt accounts that there are legitimate players and they are helping the population stay the way it is. I'm not saying that this needs to be turned on permanently, but you can't just let these guys walk all over the server. When talking about why people don't want to play the MG server that much, they often talk about how they don't like the toxicity, the fake or real cheating, the bhop Knifers on an AWP map, and so on. New players aren't going to want to join the server if half the population are racist, cheating shitbags. As stated before by gween, pick your poison.

Im not going to respond to this anymore as I've restated the same point a multitude of times.