3ni

replay bot

Is it possible to get a replay bot for course maps? 

Probably should have been posted in the Suggestions Box but I guess it’s fine. It would be really nice to have a replay bot on mg course maps, that way players get a better understanding of how the map works instead of just trying to guess where to go, and how to improve there time. Replay Bots are already on Surf and Bhop, so I don’t see any reason why mg course shouldn’t have one. 

16 minutes ago, Arctic said:

It would be really nice to have a replay bot on mg course maps, that way players get a better understanding of how the map works instead of just trying to guess where to go, and how to improve there time. Replay Bots are already on Surf and Bhop, so I don’t see any reason why mg course shouldn’t have one. 

To add onto this we can keep a look out for potentially cheated/exploited times as well. I'm pretty sure replays being added after most of these records have been achieved won't be recorded for people to see unfortunately. @Damoncan give a good answer to all of this.

As far as I know damon has asked for a plugin where the replay bot will be slayed at the end of rounds, so we're just waiting on that. Unfortunately if we do add a replay bot, times will have to be wiped inorder for it actually replay stuff (times aren't logged without replay bot).

Yeah I wanted to add this, but sadly the current replay bot available in Influx does not slay itself when last alive.

So it keeps the rounds going forever. It would need to be adjusted and edited to function with our current setup for course maps.