? servers

? players online

JB(Primary’s)

• Content Count:  154

So I know on JB there are pistols. You can’t shoot someone for having it just if they hold it out or shoot it.

But with primary’s if you pick one up and drop it your kos. Now this is getting to be more annoying with the kill hungry CT’s cause even if you drop the primary they kill you. I’ve seen admins and good regs handle the situations better where they tell them to drop the primary instead of killing them.

Which leads me to my point I think the rule about primary’s being kos should be changed to where you have to tell them to drop it and if they don’t in 1-3 seconds(CT’s choice) then you can kill them. Now yes there are a lot of problems cause I know this is a server based on REBELLING but I think people are civil enough here to handle this new rule.  

• Like 5
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  568

Correct me if I'm wrong @TheZZL, but over our last conversation on this topic you had no intentions of changing the rule because they still had a primary nonetheless. The reason admins and good regs allow them a chance to drop the gun because it's a silly thing for them to die because their rebelling teammate was killed and they were in a bunch. Now for the people who do, do that shit. Stop, allow them to drop the weapon and move on with the game not awp every single one of them down because your KDA is more important than the fun of others and it's deterring people away from the server because you can't hold your bullet for longer than 3 seconds. My thoughts on this are corresponding the to first sentence. I don't see this being changed because they have a powerful rebelling weapon. What I would like to see change is the player base that is being super trigger happy and doesn't allow any fun, they need to be lenient with the T's and not warning shot them for "Oh your foots 1 step in medic" "Oh you moved a bit too far".  

• Like 1
Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  1559

Kill hungry CTs have became a norm in our jailbreak server, changing this rule would drastically affect kill hungry CTs. My suggestion for a rule would be "Picking up a primary is not kos unless the T does not drop it when told to by a guard, or they pull out the gun with malicious intent". Now obviously wording and loopholes will have to be discussed but this is just a suggestion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

@Amazing @20 scrollsIt's not a bad idea, but it would drastically hurt the CTs. I'm very happy that we have new players coming onto the server more frequently, but like we saw in the late summer after the rank reset it also has worsened the ratio making less (Decent) Guards available. A change like this would make Guards hesitate more, and allow them to be killed easily if not 100% attentive to the intents of a Prisoner with a primary. 

You both mentioned worsening behaviors by regulars and Guards on our servers, but most of them don't read the forums and you're both admins who can easily spark change if you put enough effort into it. Some players might be harder to persuade than others depending on their intelligence, but most would be willing to have some fun given you're not being rude to them. 

With previous changes (Repeat rule) still taking place on our server and new ideas/events coming it would be a good idea to put a hold on anything drastic. We'll come back to this idea soon, but for now I'll keep the thread open for any other thoughts people might want to expresss.

Edit: Also moving topic to Rules Discussion

• Like 6
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  5377

11 hours ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

So I know on JB there are pistols. You can’t shoot someone for having it just if they hold it out or shoot it.

Didn't you apply for admin? How the fuck do you not know the rules? I haven't played jailbreak in over a year and I still know this is incorrect information.

Requiring CTs to tell Ts to drop a primary before they become KOS will likely never be a thing. This has been suggested by countless other members who don't have the patience/mental fortitude to alt tab and look at the internet when they die.

Bottom line: just because you're annoyed that you have to wait 3 minutes for the next round because you don't have the situational awareness to not put yourself in that scenario nor do you have the emotional intelligence to not get upset over something that is insignificant does not mean you need to rework the rules in a way that fucks up what little balance the server has. 

• Like 7

• Content Count:  927

Literally exactly what deli said...

EDIT: There is no need to ever make this a rule. CTs are normally at a disadvantage 99% of the time and majority of the maps are T-sided. This rule would make so many players not want to play CT and just change the balance in the game. If you pick up a primary gun, accidentally or not, you should ALWAYS be considered KOS'd. It's been like this for years and it's pretty obvious that it works. There are gonna be times where a CT or two might let you drop it before someone domes you, but you shouldn't get mad at CTs for following the rules and helping their side win. So many threads have been made about this and similar issues and i'm almost certain it was made because it happened to you and you wished you were allowed to live for some reason.

ZZL and Dom, please never consider changing the rule. 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3294

On 11/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, Chad said:

Literally exactly what deli said...

EDIT: There is no need to ever make this a rule. CTs are normally at a disadvantage 99% of the time and majority of the maps are T-sided. This rule would make so many players not want to play CT and just change the balance in the game. If you pick up a primary gun, accidentally or not, you should ALWAYS be considered KOS'd. It's been like this for years and it's pretty obvious that it works. There are gonna be times where a CT or two might let you drop it before someone domes you, but you shouldn't get mad at CTs for following the rules and helping their side win. So many threads have been made about this and similar issues and i'm almost certain it was made because it happened to you and you wished you were allowed to live for some reason.

ZZL and Dom, please never consider changing the rule. 

Exactly me and @Dom's thoughts. We will not be changing this ruling at all because it would debilitate the Guards too much, and any other modification of the idea would be too chaotic or annoying to moderate. Thanks for your inputs and thoughts, but we're rejecting the idea.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread