? servers

? players online

Ct playtime change

• Content Count:  172

I want to change the minimum number of play time to join ct from 30 to something like 6 hours or so because every time there is a bad or oblivious player fking or just being toxic its usually a ct with private next to their name and they have less than 6hrs on the server. I want to make playing JB more enjoyable to everyone. I know this will reduce how many people play ct. But I want people who understand the rules to be playing ct and I think this is a change that needs to happen to improve the well being of the server . Imagine your a new player and you chose ct not knowing the rules and you only have 30min on the server not saying these guys are trying to be toxic or immature they just might not have read the rules over and just might be oblivious to the "meta" of JB. I understand this might be a drastic change but I think over all the time to play ct needs to be increased just to reduce the drain on the players and admins .

Gamer Ero 

• Content Count:  568

If i’m correct the plug-in with the limitation of not allowing people with under 30 mins isn’t working. If it were to be raised I would think to like an hour on the server or so. Not 6 hours, some of our other admins that are making an attempt to play a server other than the one they main. @Mace for example is getting into JB and I don’t think he has 6 hours on the server. Even if he does have 6+ hours now, a few days/weeks ago he wouldn’t have had and he still deserves a chance to try out CT without having such a high time restraint.

Edit: Underestimated Mace’s time on JB, but you get the point regardless.

• Like 1
Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  172

6 hrs was just a fluid number its just like a statement that it needs to be raised and I think that point stands I would be fine with a playtime of 1 or two but I just want it to be increased because it is needed and I think a lot of jb regs can agree with that .

• Like 2

• Content Count:  8

I think that 6 hours is a bit too much maybe 2-3 hours, but I can agree with Ero  on this one. For exemple, I was playing jailbreak about 1 hour ago and a random private free kills maybe 8 Ts with a Nagev and then leaves the server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

The plugin is only supposed to lock out players with < 30 minutes of playtime only if there are a certain number of players on. I don't think the plugin is broken but if the player count is not reached anyone can go CT without having 30+ minutes played. There's a thing called experience and one wouldn't be a good CT without it, adding a larger restriction just makes people lose interest more and never teaches them how to actually play CT; sure, they might have an idea of what to do but when you're on CT vs when you're watching the CTs is a totally different experience. 

Also, rule reading shouldn't just be a "new player" thing as I constantly see people getting rules wrong then lashing out at other players, claiming they know the rules and saying "slay" repeatedly. I haven't seen much of people getting on just to blatantly rule-break and usually there are admins on to deal with the situations, in other cases it's just the lack of knowledge of the rules on the other part.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  562

as many others have said 6 hours way to much but all ii have to say is YES. It makes new people know the rules as they play and want to be able to have the ct "privilege". This makes it so people have a reward for playing T and people that automatically come to ct are either fking or are people that don't know the rules. Great Idea just shorten time limit!

Reply to Thread