? servers

? players online

BUDGET keyboard recommendations?

• Content Count:  267

After looking at other keyboard recommendation threads there was only 1 I saw below $100. Since I dont really want to blow 300 on a keyboard was wondering about keyboards that are closer to the  around $100 range that are still good quality.

• Content Count:  1920

• Content Count:  1583

The reason you don't see a lot of recommendations sub-$100 is because the keyboards in this category aren't all that different from one another and tend to be self evident in their features. Almost all keyboards in this category are going to have a somewhat cheap feeling plastic and steel construction with bone stock cherry, gateron or razer switches. If you're lucky, as steven mentioned, you can find one with nice keycaps. This doesn't mean you can't be happy with something in this price range or improve upon a cheaper board, but you're working with whatever's on the box. What layout are you looking for? RGB? Linear/Tactile? Do you like a specific brand? You get exactly what you pay for in this category so you don't have to be too picky as long as it checks all your boxes. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1583

Sike, totally missed this. Drop ENTR coming through with high quality double shot PBT shine through keycaps attached to enthusiast level Halo True(tactile) or Gateron Yellow(linear) switches on a sturdy case, complete with per switch lighting (not RGB). All for just $90. I've not owned or held one of these, but if I only had $100 to spend on a pre-built, I'd cop one of these.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-entr-mechanical-keyboard#overview

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3287

Reply to Thread