? servers

? players online

Admin App Voting Change

• Content Count:  2668

Hello everyone,

After some discussions, the Board has decided to change the way voting on admin applications works. 

Previously voting was public and anyone could vote. In this new change, only CAs and SMs can vote. Applications and votes will still remain public.

If you have any questions, please feel free to comment here.

• Like 29

• Content Count:  5377

Why change it now? I understand sifting through the shitposts and obvious squads of friends who come in out of nowhere to drop a support for someone who's probably not ready, but, why punish those of us who actually can provide solid input on candidates when it's clear who this change is actually about. You should restrict the subforums on a case by case scenario instead of a blanket 'we don't want to deal with this' solution that you're rolling out.

On top of that this will only create a 'dick sucking' culture among hopeful applicants towards the staff.

Anyways thanks for taking this into consideration.

• Like 18

• Content Count:  819

All for the change with regards to making it staff only vote, would highly suggest making it so that Senior Administrators can vote as well. Seeing as they are accustomed to being admins they could still provide good input on applications. 

• Like 6
Edited by Hawks

• Content Count:  468

There are some regulars who have valuable input you’d be throwing away because they’re not staff like deli said. Best solution for them in my opinion is to have them apply to vote which in practice probably sounds tedious to go through. I’m sure someone has a better idea 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  152

With the decision of who gets admin or not going to higher ups anyway,

does it matter whether or not a bunch of regs decide to support boost their friend?

Is it not easy to at least favor supports/reapplys from other higher ups while keeping an eye for input from regs who may have a massive problem with x getting admin?

• Like 5
Edited by LargeAll

• Content Count:  562

Worst decision possibly ever made. Yes people can support boost someone out of nowhere but really doesn't do anything since its the higherups and people that have real playtime that make the quality posts on the admin applications and judging that I don't think I've seen a lot of CA's and SM's other than ZZL and Astral and sometimes scrolls on jb this will fuck over the jailbreak community and their ability to actually go for admin since they have no one to go off of. You know who plays the most on the servers that gives input on admin apps those people that you are trying to get rid of. REGULARS. REGULARS play the most out of all CA's and SM's and now you aren't going to get the real shape of a person your going to get single digit occurrences that the CA's and SM's have experienced. I encourage you to change your vote and to repeal this awful rule.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  905

This change dosent seem to productive considering theres many sas, jas, and regs who give good input on admin apps. At most peoples admin apps would get 3-5 replies (lot of cas and sms dont have insane playtime so they wouldnt even know half the people applying even if there qualified). Even if there all cas and sms I dont think thats anywhere near enough for someone to get admin from. People applying for admin can easily just act like great people around cas and sms and then act like retards in front of regs and jas and still get admin from 3 supports because they fake who they are around higherups. Maybe make it so you have to have atleast 50 posts on the forums to be allowed to reply to admin apps. This stops the random friend groups who just make accs to support there friends and gives regs who actually have good input to respond. 

• Like 4
Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  1920

While I can understand the logic behind this, I think it would really be best if the system we had in place for years remained put. Since the discontinuation of admin recommendations from other staff members, there has been no fundamental change to how voting on admin apps works (iirc). While there are people who shitpost and people who get their friends to make a cluster of supports/reapplys on certain people I think it's still valuable to take into consideration the opinions of those who aren't CA/SM. 

Firstly, why were A/SAs excluded from this? They could give just as good, if not better input on players that apply for admin because I am sure they play with the people applying as much, if not more than certain CAs and SMs. For instance, why should someone who exclusively plays ZE only get a realistic chance of getting a reply from a total of like 5-6 people? Even better an example, why would you limit someone who exclusively plays bhop to only really get valuable feedback on the application from two people at most? 

Secondly, while As/SAs/CAs/SMs may have many interactions with players in the server, what if a reg/member has had an interaction with an application that was overwhelmingly negative or positive that they wanted to share? Silencing people here does more harm than good if you ask me. I understand there are plenty of responses on applications now that lack substance, I still think it's worth revisiting this and giving people the power to give their two cents on applicants.

• Like 8

Reply to Thread