? servers

? players online

2021: The Year of Change

• Content Count:  2668

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in a reply a few days ago regarding changes in the admin application process, the Board has been busy discussing some changes to the community. Since our inception, Steam-Gamers has been a Counter Strike community. We've dabbled into some other games, but overall, Counter Strike has been our home. Because of this, our community has been built around being a Counter Strike community and that is reflected through our rules, policies, and rank structure.

Within the past year, we've expanded from being just a Counter Strike community and have brought in TF2, Squad, and most recently, Rust. As we've expanded into these new games and look forward to expanding into more, we've found that the way we have some things setup and the way we do some things doesn't always translate between games. In order for us to fix this and adapt, we have to make some changes.

The first change we made was to the admin application voting process. This of course isn't it's final form and will be tweaked as we discuss more and see how this change does.

The second change is to discontinue the Junior Admin rank. The difference between JA and SA has always been very limited, revolving mostly around a select few "fun" commands for CSGO admins that were changed internally on the sourcebans side anyways. As Rust and Squad do not have any differentiating commands and simply only need one admin rank it is sensible that we revert back to only having one admin rank. In this way, we can make the function of the Server Admin rank virtually the same no matter if they are a CSGO, Rust, or Squad admin. We will still reserve the select fun commands for CSGO admins who have been around for 3+ months, we just don't need a rank to do so. This is in part to help us manage the community as it grows and in part to make the community more easily accessible and understandable to new people looking to get involved.

• Like 42

• Content Count:  971

Big fan of removing the JA rank. Felt like an unnecessary stepping stone in the staff ladder. 

I'm assuming this means all current JA's will be promoted to SA's?

• Content Count:  2668

6 minutes ago, paggos said:

Will the admins just be considered "CS:GO Admin, Squad Admin, Rust Admin" on the forums ranks, discord, etc?

Correct. We'll be setting this up over the next day or two.

4 minutes ago, dafty said:

Big fan of removing the JA rank. Felt like an unnecessary stepping stone in the staff ladder. 

I'm assuming this means all current JA's will be promoted to SA's?

Yup. However, everyone who was JA will still need to wait until they reach 3 months of admin and submit what was the "SA Promotion" form in order to received the extra permissions that came with SA.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  540

This is a interesting change! I’m excited to see how all this plays out. Admin rank definitely makes more sense now. IMO I think there shouldn’t be a 3 month restriction. I feel that if the admin rules continue to be strictly enforced, you shouldn’t have to worry about people abusing powers. I believe being senior admin almost gives them a idea that it’s okay to mess around with newly acquired commands inappropriately. Maybe dedicate some time into admin training? Anyway, keep up the great work lads! 

• Like 2

Reply to Thread