? servers

? players online

*TRIAL RUN* New Monthly Raffle

• Content Count:  11501

Hello everyone,

In an effort to continue finding ways to hit our goals and expand into other game modes as you've seen recently, I'd like to have SG venture a bit further into the world of raffling skins, separate from what we currently do with our raffle system. This new raffle would be completely separate (and, to be less confusing, would eventually be staggered in terms of time) from the current raffle system we do here via play time. For now, I'm just running a trial to see who would even be interested. Ultimately, it would be cool to have several skins going at once ranging in value, but for now we are just going to do one skin: a Factory New AK-47 Frontside Misty.

ak47.jpg

Not only would I like to add additional skins to the raffle in the future, but also I would like to do things like taking suggestions from you guys and voting on skins that I purchase to put into the raffle. And having the big monthly winner choose the random method in which I draw the following month's winner(s). There really aren't a whole lot of limits to what we can do with it.

The current ground-rules for this trial:

• It will be open from the moment I post this thread to 11:59pm PDT, March 31st. 
  • Each raffle ticket is $5.
  • There are no limits to the amount of raffle tickets you can buy.
  • Eligibility: You must be a forum member as of the time of this post, and you must be in good standing (not banned). If you get forum banned at all, for any duration of time, I will refund you your ticket and you will become ineligible. All ranks allowed to participate. 
  • You may buy tickets for other people, so long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
  • I will fully refund any number of tickets you request, as long as it's done prior to the end of the raffle. 
  • Winner will be drawn shortly after; most likely the next day, unless something comes up for me. This will be to ensure that everyone who got in during the window gets sent a raffle ticket.
  • I will draw the winner, and it will be done live (in some manner, haven't decided yet).
  • Unless participants inform ME of a situation where they will be AFK, the winner(s) will have 72 hours from the time I post the results to claim the prize(s).
  • Send me a forum PM for further details to claim. I am not going to hunt people down.
  • In the event where a prize is unclaimed after 72 hours, I will publicly inform everyone that the person did not contact me and will immediately hold another live drawing to determine the winner (the person who did not claim the prize will still be eligible for the redraw).
  • The minimum amount of raffle tickets purchased TOTAL, among everyone, is 10. 
  • In the event where there are not at least 10 total tickets purchased, I will either refund everyone's money or I will do the raffle anyways: that will be up to my discretion.
  • If the minimum number is met, I will run the raffle.
  • You MUST PM me on the forums with your PayPal email you used to purchase the ticket(s), so I can verify and give you the ticket(s). If you do not hear back from me please follow up.
  • Anything not mentioned here that comes up later will be handled, disputed, resolved, etc., by me.

Being that this is a trial run, I don't have any fancy new PayPal buttons just yet. For now, you can pull up this QR code on your phone's camera and it will redirect you to PayPal where you can purchase a raffle ticket. In the note, it would be helpful if you put what it was for, who you are on the forums, etc., for easier identification later. While I am in conversations with fellow BD's about my goals and expectations for this raffle, I am running this on my own...so please direct any questions to me. 

Hopefully there is a good turn out, and we can continue to move forward each month making it better and better as we see fit! Good luck and thanks everyone!

SG-QR-Code.png

• Like 25

38 minutes ago, Technoblade said:

So your telling me 1 month of basic supporter is 1 ticket

Nope, it has nothing to do with supporter, as mentioned. It's roughly 1/10th the cost of the skin.

• Like 2

Hey all. So, given the circumstances of Roux, I'm going to cut this short by a few days. There was also a lack of interest, with only one person buying raffle tickets. Instead of cancelling the whole thing and doing it again another month, I'm actually going to give the skin to the one person who bought raffle tickets. Which I think is a better route to incentivize buying some tickets! Additionally, after running that poll, we're going to move in the direction of steam gift cards instead for next month. 

Congrats to @FanServicefor winning by default! Send me a request on steam so I can give it to you.

• Like 10

Reply to Thread