? servers

? players online

[JB] Un/Crouching while Frozen

• Content Count:  51

Long story short, Slim was enforcing orders strictly as he was last ct, and gave an order to freeze, be facing disco wall, looking down, unstacked. (to the best of my memory)

I was crouching/uncrouching as to the best of my knowledge, crouching/uncrouching still qualifies as frozen. Slim killed me for it, had a short debate, and just agreed that making a forum post was better than bickering in game.

Is Slim correct here, with crouching/uncrouching during a freeze order not counting as frozen, or does it count as frozen?

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  634

7 minutes ago, Tethys said:

Long story short, Slim was enforcing orders strictly as he was last ct, and gave an order to freeze, be facing disco wall, looking down, unstacked. (to the best of my memory)

I was crouching/uncrouching as to the best of my knowledge, crouching/uncrouching still qualifies as frozen. Slim killed me for it, had a short debate, and just agreed that making a forum post was better than bickering in game.

Is Slim correct here, with crouching/uncrouching during a freeze order not counting as frozen, or does it count as frozen?

Order was unstack and "socially  distance" frozen on the wall closest to disco facing it so I didnt have to spray stacks, after traitor tot died I said freeze and lr, at which point you were already crouched. You uncrouched to type the lr command and as always I didnt shoot for it. After you were done you re crouched, so not frozen. Being last ct I decided hs you for it as I was up against 4 lrs and you never lose a noscope battle.

Regardless the short answer is, as I stated in game, crouching is not freezing. Afk freeze is related to your mouse/cursor aim.

• Content Count:  3294

From the Rules & FAQ's definition on Freezing:

• Freezing - When told to freeze you are to stay in the same spot, if you were crouched stay crouching, if you were standing stay standing. You may look around unless told otherwise.

If you were crouched and then told to freeze, stay crouched.

If you were standing and then told to freeze stay standing.

In this scenario where the player was crouched, told to freeze, then told to LR which requires them to stand up, whether or not he can be shot for crouching again can get confusing. I'll always be an advocate of playing laid back as Guard when able to, but @The Real Slim Jim will be @The Real Slim Jim , so I'll clarify.

When you were ordered to freeze and LR, regardless of how you were positioned previously, you are now standing. This means after LRing you should stay standing. 

So to answer the larger question, being crouched can count as being frozen, but continuously crouching and crouching would not count as being frozen.

@Tethys @The Real Slim Jim let me know if you guys have any questions

• Like 2

• Content Count:  51

4 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

So to answer the larger question, being crouched can count as being frozen, but continuously crouching and crouching would not count as being frozen.

Thanks for the clarification.

45 minutes ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

you never lose a noscope battle.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.