? servers

? players online

No Orders On CT

• Content Count:  210

I have played hundreds if not thousands of rounds as a T and CT in Jailbreak, I have seen an underlying issue in many of them. For starters, I think that anyone should be able to play on CT even if they don't have a mic, but it comes to a certain point that some people just do not give orders. Although it is very rare, I have seen rounds where after the auto-open in cells, we do not receive orders for another minute. I think that as a CT, you should have a responsibility to carry the pace and how the game plays out; I think that if you do not give orders quick enough, the server loses players, and the T side does not want to participate. I am not sure how this would be enforced, but there should be a rule that will induce punishment if violated. It would state that as a CT, you have a responsibility to give orders, and those orders must be valid; some orders that I have seen have been invalid but at least they tried. I would much rather someone give an invalid order than someone give no orders for 2 minutes. I think that sitting in armory as a CT can happen from time to time if you are AFK, but if people are there and refuse to give orders it is annoying. I understand that this issue is not as important as a lot of others, but it needs to be discussed as many of the (typically younger) CTs decide to only give 1 order, and then leave (as in camp somewhere without participating in the round) to do whatever they want.

• Like 3
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  154

Maybe we should just ban people from playing CT if they don't have a mic. Since issues like this wont come up unless they are afk. So yes I disagree with your point on anybody should be able to play CT cause JB is an interactive game mode and it also puts them at a disadvantage if they're playing CT so I don't see the point in it anyways.

9 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I am not sure how this would be enforced

Also this. You cant control what people are doing if they're afk but ANTI AFK plugin will just move them to spec. If they have no mic refer to what I said above. 

• Content Count:  283

4 minutes ago, M0nsterXXX said:

Maybe we should just ban people from playing CT if they don't have a mic.

yeah no

this just kills server pop even harder. I know there is a good portion of mute people that play on our server either because they don't have a mic or don't enjoy using them. this has never been the issue since they can give great orders and keep up the pace easily. if people get upset from seeing chat orders it isnt hard to read and follow orders. the problem will never be if chat orders are given but how they are given and if they are given consistently. As for what you said @JacksonI do see frustration in this but sometimes just a !calladmin may help fix the problem sooner than you would think. Sometimes the person may be new or ignorant so if you are able to switch to ct to help them and not complain it also may help.  

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4441

The way JB, admins, the players, even some of the staff are is as result of slightly lower player retention. It will even out as the servers get better, more regulars -> more admins -> more experienced staff -> connected higher ups. Low player retention leads to worse CTs which directly changes gameplay for the worse. A bad T just dies fast or won't rebel when perhaps they should.

Retention (judged through stats) and fun (judged through feedback like this) IMO are the most important thing and why I always used to obsess over community interaction and server rankings. I am not for being anymore strict about the way CT is than it is now unless someone comes up with very specific parameters. We have rules about not delaying, enforcing orders, as well as several plugins keeping ratio in check, inexperienced CTs away, tools for admins to get rid of CTs who aren't following the rules and so on.

I think the staff need to be more strict about CTs though, some of these kids are breaking so many rules it is actually absurd. The amount of micspam that goes on across the entire for instance makes it nearly impossible to play sometimes, and when I see something like a server slot increase it makes me think a warden plugin or some variant of a warden plugin where it scales with slot size is something worth looking further into. I don't think it's healthy to increase slot size, let the server hit it's natural intolerable limit, and then have it where people just go "nah its a clusterfuck not going on there." 

4 minutes ago, touchy said:

but sometimes just a !calladmin may help fix the problem sooner than you would think. Sometimes the person may be new or ignorant so if you are able to switch to ct to help them and not complain it also may help.  

Occasionally this will work, but as you mentioned, they are most likely ignorant and not willing to put there ego down to listen to someone for 5 minutes. I agree with the call-admin but sometimes no one gets on.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  283

Just now, Jackson said:

Occasionally this will work, but as you mentioned, they are most likely ignorant and not willing to put there ego down to listen to someone for 5 minutes. I agree with the call-admin but sometimes no one gets on.

This will occur on times and I perfectly see your pov in this. I would say just attempt these things and if they do not work you may aswell try to put up a player complaint if it is blatant enough. Though this is only my pov of it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, All Ts said:

and when I see something like a server slot increase it makes me think a warden plugin or some variant of a warden plugin where it scales with slot size is something worth looking further into. I don't think it's healthy to increase slot size, let the server hit it's natural intolerable limit, and then have it where people just go "nah its a clusterfuck not going on there." 

I see where you are coming from, but I very much disagree. I think that the reason SG is such a good server that has such a good player base, is because it is different. Also, I really don't like the warden thing because power hungry people could abuse it and we already have !fo. I think the need of more server slots just shows how popular and how creative SG is because it shows how much they care about the player base and how they will continue to grow. I really appreciate the feedback!

• Content Count:  4441

Just now, Jackson said:

I see where you are coming from, but I very much disagree. I think that the reason SG is such a good server that has such a good player base, is because it is different. Also, I really don't like the warden thing because power hungry people could abuse it and we already have !fo. I think the need of more server slots just shows how popular and how creative SG is because it shows how much they care about the player base and how they will continue to grow. I really appreciate the feedback!

Except the server wasn't really capping out all that often, and when it was it was a completely intolerable to play on or deal with. Warden can be enabled when the playercount goes over a certain number, FO for the lower end. These are things I did on other servers and had planned to do to JB when I was managed, just my two cents though. There's more than enough here for people to come up with solutions and act if they feel it's necessary. JB has seen better days, and that's not to shit on ZZL either cause he's really working his ass off for it. He's up against a lot. 

19 minutes ago, M0nsterXXX said:

Maybe we should just ban people from playing CT if they don't have a mic

I strongly disagree, I understand where you are coming from, but some people can't own a mic for whatever reason. I do not think someone should have to have restrictions because of a completely reasonable choice. This all comes back to my opinion of why SG is such a popular server, it is different, and able to attract any type of person. If you cut off a certain type of person, others may not like what has happened and I really do not see the point. Many people prefer not to talk and I see that they may not lead the pace of the game, but they certainly follow along and add to it.

1 minute ago, All Ts said:

There's more than enough here for people to come up with solutions and act if they feel it's necessary. JB has seen better days, and that's not to shit on ZZL either cause he's really working his ass off for it. He's up against a lot. 

I really do not think it is fair to compare jailbreak to itself in the past, there is a whole new player base with whole new opinions. Personally, I think ZZL is handling this very well because the server caps a lot more then you would think (especially recently). SG is doing so well in JB because it is always expanding and adding while keeping the same morals that accept anyone. I completely see where you are coming from and I think that discussions like these are another reason SG is so successful.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.