? servers

? players online

nfl draft predictions

• Content Count:  1633

I'm an Eagles fan and I feel very, very indifferent about Devonta Smith, especially since a bunch of mock boards are predicting him to fall to us. He had a historic year last year but he literally is weighing in at 166 lbs. It's a very high risk, high reward pick because if he's able to stay healthy he can become a star.

I'm just going to drop my mock draft up to the Eagles pick at #12. I'm not going to do any trades but I'm sure someone is going to move around in the top 12.

#1 Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence - No brainer pick, Urban Meyer even leaked that they were probably going to pick him. I think he's going to be a star and anyone who says he isn't the best QB in the draft is high.

#2 Jets: Zach Wilson - There are some question marks but he is pretty much the consensus #2 pick, although I'm unsure if he is going to have the second best career out of all this drafts QBs. His career will be very dependent on how Saleh is as a coach and what the organization builds around him.

#3 49ers: Justin Fields - I think trading up to the #3 pick and giving away several 1st rounders to draft Mac Jones should be a fireable offense. Fields used to be the consensus #2 QB in this draft class and I'm surprised how much his stock fell this year, although he really did have a down year. I think if he gets drafted here he will absolutely light it up in a Kyle Shanahan offense if he gets the starting job.

#4 Falcons: Kyle Pitts - I was shocked when I saw a mock board have Pitts falling out of the top 10. He's a generational talent and so much more than a TE. He might move to receiver in his career, but his hands are incredible and he checks so many boxes. Give me him over any WR in this class any day. I could also see the Broncos or Patriots trading up to this spot for a QB.

#5 Bengals: Penei Sewell - I would love to believe Cincinnati does not fuck up this pick and pick Chase over Sewell. Burrow got murdered last year and they already have some solid receivers on their team. They need OL help.

#6 Dolphins: Ja'Marr Chase - I have questions about other positions on their roster but it feels like they'll go Chase here and put him with Parker and Fuller. If Tua doesn't thrive with those two he's done.

#7 Lions: Jaylen Waddle - I think the Lions will go for a Golladay replacement here and take the safer Alabama WR. Another trade down possibility since their roster is so fucked. Not like it will matter when Jared Goff is your QB.

#8 Panthers: Rashawn Slater - Great OL value for the Panthers. Their offense will hopefully look very good next year, I'm rooting for Darnold. 

#9 Broncos: Trey Lance - High potential but definitely a risky QB pick here. Could end up as 2017 Wentz (who came from the same school) or flop. I've seen a lot of stuff about how the Broncos love Lance and I wouldn't be surprised if they traded up considering they have arguably the worst starting QB in the league.

#10 Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II - I wish he would fall to the Eagles but I think the Cowboys take him here. They need to repair their defense. There are some other defensive players they could take here.

#11 Giants: Christian Darrisaw - I'm confused on why the Giants would go Smith, or any WR here. They have Golladay, Slayton, and Sheperd paired with Saquon. If their offense fails, it's going to be cause of Jones. A lot of options for Giants here but I think they go OL to really make sure Jones is in a position where he can succeed.

#12 Eagles: Devonta Smith - Howie Roseman desperately needs a homerun pick here and I could see them going Smith (risky, but whatever). I could also see them going corner here and taking someone like Jaycee Horn here. I'd be iffy about taking Farley here but if we can hit on a cornerback here I'd be happy too. Fuck it, you could even take a stud in Micah Parsons and I'd be happy. Just don't fuck it up Howie.. please. If he takes a QB or does something stupid I will never watch football again until he is fired.

• Like 2
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  2730

For some reason I'm always really hyped for the draft even though I barely watch college football. Though it's always cool to see players from my school get drafted.

I have been hearing rumors of the Packers trading Jordan Love to the Patriots. Knowing the Packers, they will probably draft Mac Jones.

• Content Count:  560

12 hours ago, Kieran said:

#4 Falcons: Kyle Pitts - I was shocked when I saw a mock board have Pitts falling out of the top 10. He's a generational talent and so much more than a TE. He might move to receiver in his career, but his hands are incredible and he checks so many boxes. Give me him over any WR in this class any day. I could also see the Broncos or Patriots trading up to this spot for a QB

i love pitts but for me i cant see a tight end being taken in the top 5 and its a position the falcons dont desperately need with just getting hayden hurst from my team last year and i can just sense another oj howard situation 

• Content Count:  1633

5 hours ago, carrollton said:

i love pitts but for me i cant see a tight end being taken in the top 5 and its a position the falcons dont desperately need with just getting hayden hurst from my team last year and i can just sense another oj howard situation 

Yeah, I mean TE obviously isn't the primary need of the team given they already have elite offensive weapons and hurst, but who knows. Sometimes there just is a prospect teams can't pass on. I've also seen a bunch of Atlanta QB talk, but I'd be surprised if they went QB. I think Ryan has more in the tank and that team has quite a few needs.

I'd say there's about a 75% chance Atlanta moves down from 4, especially since top 3 picks are all going to be QBs. I feel like the Patriots, Broncos, or WFT are going to make a trade up for Lance (or Fields if he drops). Maybe Detroit will trade down if Atlanta holds. 

Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  634

19 hours ago, Kieran said:

I'm an Eagles fan and I feel very, very indifferent about Devonta Smith, especially since a bunch of mock boards are predicting him to fall to us. He had a historic year last year but he literally is weighing in at 166 lbs. It's a very high risk, high reward pick because if he's able to stay healthy he can become a star.

I'm just going to drop my mock draft up to the Eagles pick at #12. I'm not going to do any trades but I'm sure someone is going to move around in the top 12.

#1 Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence - No brainer pick, Urban Meyer even leaked that they were probably going to pick him. I think he's going to be a star and anyone who says he isn't the best QB in the draft is high.

#2 Jets: Zach Wilson - There are some question marks but he is pretty much the consensus #2 pick, although I'm unsure if he is going to have the second best career out of all this drafts QBs. His career will be very dependent on how Saleh is as a coach and what the organization builds around him.

#3 49ers: Justin Fields - I think trading up to the #3 pick and giving away several 1st rounders to draft Mac Jones should be a fireable offense. Fields used to be the consensus #2 QB in this draft class and I'm surprised how much his stock fell this year, although he really did have a down year. I think if he gets drafted here he will absolutely light it up in a Kyle Shanahan offense if he gets the starting job.

#4 Falcons: Kyle Pitts - I was shocked when I saw a mock board have Pitts falling out of the top 10. He's a generational talent and so much more than a TE. He might move to receiver in his career, but his hands are incredible and he checks so many boxes. Give me him over any WR in this class any day. I could also see the Broncos or Patriots trading up to this spot for a QB.

#5 Bengals: Penei Sewell - I would love to believe Cincinnati does not fuck up this pick and pick Chase over Sewell. Burrow got murdered last year and they already have some solid receivers on their team. They need OL help.

#6 Dolphins: Ja'Marr Chase - I have questions about other positions on their roster but it feels like they'll go Chase here and put him with Parker and Fuller. If Tua doesn't thrive with those two he's done.

#7 Lions: Jaylen Waddle - I think the Lions will go for a Golladay replacement here and take the safer Alabama WR. Another trade down possibility since their roster is so fucked. Not like it will matter when Jared Goff is your QB.

#8 Panthers: Rashawn Slater - Great OL value for the Panthers. Their offense will hopefully look very good next year, I'm rooting for Darnold. 

#9 Broncos: Trey Lance - High potential but definitely a risky QB pick here. Could end up as 2017 Wentz (who came from the same school) or flop. I've seen a lot of stuff about how the Broncos love Lance and I wouldn't be surprised if they traded up considering they have arguably the worst starting QB in the league.

#10 Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II - I wish he would fall to the Eagles but I think the Cowboys take him here. They need to repair their defense. There are some other defensive players they could take here.

#11 Giants: Christian Darrisaw - I'm confused on why the Giants would go Smith, or any WR here. They have Golladay, Slayton, and Sheperd paired with Saquon. If their offense fails, it's going to be cause of Jones. A lot of options for Giants here but I think they go OL to really make sure Jones is in a position where he can succeed.

#12 Eagles: Devonta Smith - Howie Roseman desperately needs a homerun pick here and I could see them going Smith (risky, but whatever). I could also see them going corner here and taking someone like Jaycee Horn here. I'd be iffy about taking Farley here but if we can hit on a cornerback here I'd be happy too. Fuck it, you could even take a stud in Micah Parsons and I'd be happy. Just don't fuck it up Howie.. please. If he takes a QB or does something stupid I will never watch football again until he is fired.

Left Gang disapproves of this post

• Content Count:  927

6 hours ago, carrollton said:

I agree with you. Falcons don't need a TE. Hurst is a great TE and was just not utilized properly, which is strange because Austin Hooper was top 6-7 at the position before he got traded. With Matt Ryan getting old and the Falcons having a shit defense, they really shouldn't focus on getting Pitts. I understand Julio is getting up there in age, but Ridley has the upside to be a top 5 WR. Both of them healthy next year with pre-season will make them a good contender. They just need to draft their next franchise QB, improve their atrocious defense, and fill in the spots that still need fixing (OL, DBs, etc).

Reply to Thread