? servers

? players online

(played recently) idea

• Content Count:  345

I think the limit from maps being played very recently being reduced would be beneficial for the server. Instead of having to RTV a bad map or a map thats unpopular,  by having the time between each map reduced, you'd have tons of people hovering around good maps. If a maps worth playing it'll be in that cycle.

This is just an idea of course, and i'd love to hear ideas or straight up tell me im wrong

• Like 1

• Content Count:  560

3 minutes ago, lorax said:

I think the limit from maps being played very recently being reduced would be beneficial for the server. Instead of having to RTV a bad map or a map thats unpopular,  by having the time between each map reduced, you'd have tons of people hovering around good maps. If a maps worth playing it'll be in that cycle.

This is just an idea of course, and i'd love to hear ideas or straight up tell me im wrong

imo that idea would make the servers 10x more stale just playing the same maps over and over again is already an issue but doing this is gonna ruin any chance of other maps besides clouds, razor, revamp, vip, or undertale be played 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  345

would the server not choose other maps they enjoy? cause even though I emphasized on the cycle I still think having the server have nearly the full ability to pick what map they want to play.

• Content Count:  1920

I always supported longer cooldowns between maps is beneficial to keep the server fresh with maps and not have the same maps on repeat 24/7. I remember the days where it was the rotation of the 2 razer maps, vipinthemix, summer jail, and undertale all day long. It was unbearably stale, and not fun, especially with both og razer and razer revamp having no minigames to play making it a literal hell for CTs to try and run, which is why you tend to see really heavy T-sided ratios on those maps. I think we have a good balance where we are now. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5377

Shorten the map rotation by removing garbage/unplayed maps and it could be feasible. There's at least one server better ranked than us that plays only one map and they're doing fine :shrug:

And I'll reiterate it for the 100th time... Shorten your map pool when the server is below x amount of players to maps that statistically boost population.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  971

Honestly the issue with maps right now is that ones that kill population like clouds and arcade have extremist fans that will not fucking let them go.

They'll scream "rtv for ______ for a freeday" and the sheep will follow.

Not much that can be done besides the SM's putting their foot down on the maps that kill population.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  634

On 6/9/2021 at 2:27 PM, delirium said:

Shorten the map rotation by removing garbage/unplayed maps and it could be feasible. There's at least one server better ranked than us that plays only one map and they're doing fine :shrug:

And I'll reiterate it for the 100th time... Shorten your map pool when the server is below x amount of players to maps that statistically boost population.

Couldn't agree more.

• Content Count:  3294

On 6/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, lorax said:

Agreed, recently we went ahead and shortened the map exclusion rate from 8 -> 6 here

On 6/8/2021 at 10:27 PM, delirium said:

I know we discussed this at our last Jailbreak meeting, but currently we have multiple higher priority items on our agenda. This is a good idea, but will take some time out of our days to test, get it working, and ultimately may not give the desired outcome. We went ahead and removed a lot of larger, unattractive, and dull maps from our map pool, you can check out the changelog linked above.

We're always looking for these types of unique suggestions, so while we didn't implement this one at the time thank you both for the responses.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.