? servers

? players online

Micspam in Jailbreak Servers

• Content Count:  15

After playing jailbreak recently, I have noticed that a lot of new players are joining ct and being very loud and obnoxious. I hate to take action myself but I have warned people multiple times myself to not mic spam and to turn their mics down to no prevail. It only gets worse when the population rises and everyone is trying to speak over each other. I would hate to create a warden system and only have 1 random ct talk per round because that kills the fun, but I seriously think that something needs to be done about this issue. Either it being a larger punishment for someone who continuously mic spams or the warden system. Please give me your input on this matter as well.

• Like 1
Edited by phoenix_

• Content Count:  235

I mean on around 30 or more prisoners Cts can call a T mute to give out orders and FO is there, admin call is there. an admin can mute obnoxious CTs/Ts like they do a lot already. Their is muting people in game such as muting loud Ts, not recommended with CTs. Many different options so shouldent be as much as in issue. Many mic spammers tend to also say racist words/remarks so admins can kick then ban. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roddy said:

something called !fo

you cant stop the mic spammers from using !fo, and !fo cannot be used when there are less than 12 players

• Content Count:  162

Just use !calladmin when this stuff happens.  Typically all it takes is one mute from an admin and all the mic spammers stop.  Also, admins can warn and then ban a player for up to a day for mic spam.  I think that's enough of a punishment and a much shorter ban or a kick usually gets the point across.

Overall, rules breakers sometimes go crazy when admins aren't on but once one joins and kicks or mutes someone or whatever they gotta do, the server tends to calm down and everything goes back to how it should be.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  99

I have experienced this more then most but the problem is not with FO but the entire round. CTs constantly talk over each other and conflict orders. The biggest problem being admins not enforcing these players even when they are on. I don't blame the admins as much as loud mics and the lack of knowledge of the rules. Unfortunately the admins not warning players or taking measures to stop this kind of behavior is what discourages players from joining ct as well as staying in the server. It is definitely a big problem on the server right now and needs to be looked at. If you would like more proof I can start recording and talk to you personally in discord. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cnb said:

Just use !calladmin when this stuff happens.  Typically all it takes is one mute from an admin and all the mic spammers stop.  Also, admins can warn and then ban a player for up to a day for mic spam.  I think that's enough of a punishment and a much shorter ban or a kick usually gets the point across.

Overall, rules breakers sometimes go crazy when admins aren't on but once one joins and kicks or mutes someone or whatever they gotta do, the server tends to calm down and everything goes back to how it should be.

i feel like there should be a way for mic spammers to be punished when admins are not on, because that is the only time that they tend to act up

• Content Count:  594

4 minutes ago, DabOfGravy said:

I have experienced this more then most but the problem is not with FO but the entire round. CTs constantly talk over each other and conflict orders. The biggest problem being admins not enforcing these players even when they are on. I don't blame the admins as much as loud mics and the lack of knowledge of the rules. Unfortunately the admins not warning players or taking measures to stop this kind of behavior is what discourages players from joining ct as well as staying in the server. It is definitely a big problem on the server right now and needs to be looked at. If you would like more proof I can start recording and talk to you personally in discord. 

I mean when you have 10+ people it gets harder to see all the names, especially if they are only doing it when everyone is talking so its hard to pick them out distinctly unless its just that person screaming at that time. Admin can mute all but then can't do anything more if they don't know who the specific people are. With the CTs conflicting eachother it was talked about having a command to be specialized to give an order to avoid the conflict but i forgot where that left off. 

1 minute ago, Giraff said:

i feel like there should be a way for mic spammers to be punished when admins are not on, because that is the only time that they tend to act up

You can be the one to clip them when they are screaming and make a player complaint but at that it has to be probably only them doing it in a few clips to make it good evidence against them because its going to be hard to pick them out of a few people talking 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  99

2 minutes ago, Mikey. said:

I mean when you have 10+ people it gets harder to see all the names, especially if they are only doing it when everyone is talking so its hard to pick them out distinctly unless its just that person screaming at that time. Admin can mute all but then can't do anything more if they don't know who the specific people are. With the CTs conflicting eachother it was talked about having a command to be specialized to give an order to avoid the conflict but i forgot where that left off. 

You can be the one to clip them when they are screaming and make a player complaint but at that it has to be probably only them doing it in a few clips to make it good evidence against them because its going to be hard to pick them out of a few people talking 

I see where you are coming from but at the same time i don't have the time to make a player complaint every time the cts are conflicting with admins on. I constantly use admin chat trying to get it to stop but admins don't seem to care when it is happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey. said:

My clips are horrible quality because I have an extremely low end system. You probably would not be able to read who is spamming or not

• Like 1

Reply to Thread