? servers

? players online

CTs being required to have mics.

• Content Count:  99

I would like to bring up the discussion of requiring CTs to have mics. I understand that not everyone has a mic but at the same time chat orders create a confusing experience when it comes to both Ts following orders as well as CTs enforcing them. The solution I propose is to eliminate chat orders plain and simple. It will provide a less confusing experience for everyone playing.

Edited by phoenix_

• Content Count:  905

So many people have suggested this and its rejected for the same reason every time. Cutting off a large portion of our players from playing a side will make some people quit. Many people with mics dont use them sometimes but still want to give orders. I often see people with no mics usually giving out more orders then people with mics. We also have rules to limit chat orders to cause less confusion already. No point to remove chat orders fully. 

• Like 7
Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  617

We have had this brought up before and we always come to the same decision every time it's not fair to the people who can't get ahold of a mic. A large percentage of our users don't have a mic along with a few of our admins it just isn't right to cut them off playing ct cuz they can't use/get a mic. While it is a bit confusing at times we do have a rule in place that states mic orders override chat orders so the best thing to do is to follow mic orders if they are given and let others know about the rule. Another thing you can do is take a peek at chat here and there and ask for repeats and a ct with a mic can repeat the orders

• Like 1
Edited by Zero Two

• Content Count:  1920

Alright, I've gotten the blessing to wrap this up here before this discussion goes on for too long. We've discussed this topic so, so many times over the years and we have always come to the conclusion that we will not be explicitly banning chat orders from being used on CT to be inclusive of players who aren't interested in using their mics or somehow don't own a mic.

With this being said, we encourage the use of voice orders over chat orders, and we have systems in place to reduce the prevalence of chat orders such as !fo needing to be a voice order and  voice orders taking priority over chat ones. It's 2021 after all so realistically we should be using our mics for clearer communication, but we aren't going to punish someone for not using their mic. 

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am going to mark this as rejected. 

• Like 3

Reply to Thread