? servers

? players online

Steam Deck

• Content Count:  3740

Ladies and gentleman, the future of PC gaming is finally here.  I reserved mine a week ago after watching and reading the announcement articles, and now the recent upload of this Linus video affirms my confidence that this looks to be the right move from Valve.  This thing still has several months before release, and the prototype model is already outperforming the $1000 Ayaneo at half the price.  It will even compete with Nintendo's Switch considering OLED is not the Pro that Nintendo fanboys were expecting.

• Like 2
Edited by Wawa

• Content Count:  971

No matter how well Valve and even honest credible reviewers like Linus verify and hype this up, it's not enough for me to ever put trust in a preorder for anything related to gaming.

There are just too many things that could go wrong, but it's also hard to deny that this looks really cool but I strongly advise you don't preorder anything because it could turn out to be a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3740

18 hours ago, dafty said:

No matter how well Valve and even honest credible reviewers like Linus verify and hype this up, it's not enough for me to ever put trust in a preorder for anything related to gaming.

There are just too many things that could go wrong, but it's also hard to deny that this looks really cool but I strongly advise you don't preorder anything because it could turn out to be a dumpster fire.

Reserving a copy is not the same as pre-ordering (which you can't do right now).  For $5, you're essentially just reserving your spot in line when they become available.  If it turns out to be a let down at launch, you don't have to go through with purchasing one and you'll just be out $5.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  971

16 minutes ago, Wawa said:

Reserving a copy is not the same as pre-ordering (which you can't do right now).  For $5, you're essentially just reserving your spot in line when they become available.  If it turns out to be a let down at launch, you don't have to go through with purchasing one and you'll just be out $5.

Oh alr I'm fucking stupid nvm then

Reply to Thread