? servers

? players online

T Buy Menu Revamp Discussion

• Content Count:  1920

Hello,

Please bare in mind this is my own personal views, this is not something that is confirmed to come out, this is just something I wanted to discuss with the public that could be brought to the JB team to look into.

The only real option for a T buy option right now is a Jihad, and even then the plugin is pretty buggy and really old. I think it's about time to revamp this to 2021 standards.

NOTE: The only thing I can absolutely confirm (via @TheZZL) is that if this is implemented there will be absolutely NO GUNS in the buy menu. No AK suggestions please 😄 

What I am proposing:

Add a buy menu:

• Money is earned through damage done on CTs (encourages rebelling, and you feel you earning the things you buy to help you gain an edge as a reward for good work)
  • Items in the buy menu could include Smokes, Flashes, Frag Grenades, Jihad, Bumpmines, Maybe custom items??! (this would probably require stripping nades from cells in all maps if we chose to go through with this)
  • Items would be restricted to a certain amount per round/one per amount of rounds. (ex: 2 smokes for the T team per round, 1 bumpmine every 2-3 rounds)
  • Removes the weird popup for Jihad that wouldn't even work half the time anyway, and this menu wouldn't pop up unless you wanted to buy something. Potential for live tracking of how many are left per round?

Pros:

• Adds a fresh feature to our server
  • Revamps a old system that has long needed some TLC
  • Removes the potentially stale spawns of nades CTs can easily memorize, keeps CT on their toes.

Cons:

• Potentially a good chunk of coding
  • Stripping out nades from all the cells (time consuming)
  • Not very beginner-friendly as the money system is skill-based and new players may question where cell nades are that may exist on other servers.
  • Could give Ts an unfair advantage on some maps where a nicely places smoke/frag could turn the entire tide of a round too often.

--

Please share your thoughts on this idea, and potential changes/additions to this.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  99

Absolutely incredible idea. I don't know how someone hasn't already thought about it. One of the problems I see after looking over this is much like the Jihad it will become a spam at the start of the round, that is if only the Ts are allowed to have x2 smoke or x2 nade for the round, especially when it comes to bump mines. No need to scrap the idea but making the price increase after one is bought per round (ex: first nade 2k second 5k third 10k) something along those lines or making the prices higher as is. At the same time nades are underutilized right now as not too many spawn and the lack of coordination between the Ts. More nades could be a viable strategy for a way the Ts can kill a CT without knifing/shooting them. As well as what I just said having a cap with how often a T can buy a nade (ex: If they have the money a T can only buy a HE every other round or something along those lines) will reduce the nade spam. It will be a lot too add but is something that I would defiantly like to have implemented in the server.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1920

14 minutes ago, DabOfGravy said:

Absolutely incredible idea. I don't know how someone hasn't already thought about it. One of the problems I see after looking over this is much like the Jihad it will become a spam at the start of the round, that is if only the Ts are allowed to have x2 smoke or x2 nade for the round, especially when it comes to bump mines. No need to scrap the idea but making the price increase after one is bought per round (ex: first nade 2k second 5k third 10k) something along those lines or making the prices higher as is. At the same time nades are underutilized right now as not too many spawn and the lack of coordination between the Ts. More nades could be a viable strategy for a way the Ts can kill a CT without knifing/shooting them. As well as what I just said having a cap with how often a T can buy a nade (ex: If they have the money a T can only buy a HE every other round or something along those lines) will reduce the nade spam. It will be a lot too add but is something that I would defiantly like to have implemented in the server.

I personally think making the price increase per one bought makes it unfair to players because I feel like it defeats the purpose of this plug-in. I think that will really only let the most skilled players get utilities, which is something I wanted to avoid as much as possible, though I know some concept of only the most elite will buy it frequently will exist.

I also know it will be an inevitable rush for nades at the start of the round, but I want to try and balance that out by how money works and that just makes a classic "lets play the arbitrary number game" and that's not something to worry about right now. 

I think if we let a small % of money carry over from round to round it will decrease this issue as something incentivizing rebelling would be getting enough money to get a bump mine, jihad, etc. 

• Like 1

I would definately love to see this inplemented and I believe it would bring some sense of freshness towards jb. Though, I am not sure about the viability of this system. I do see nades being a bit broken as it can promote HE spam onto a ct at the start of the round and targeting of a ct that ts may not like (But since when are people coordinated). I see smokes mostly as annouing as it can get spam over the map making the situation more chaotic. Even so, I think tweaking nade usage can work though and be balanced for both ts and cts. Other items, like bump mines, will make maps like moonjail or arcade even harder for cts to enforce as maps with a lot of secrets mixed with items can make rebeling even more easier. I really seeing the system most effective on maps like electric revamp. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  345

This is definitely a great idea and would a really fresh add to JB, but im worried that HE grenades would be spammed and raining hellfire upon guards, smokes would be a pain and flashes would be either worse. This if implemented correctly would definitely  make JB  feel fresh and be fun as hell to play

• Like 1

• Content Count:  283

Honestly not gonna read the other peoples responses written since I see the first sentence saying they would love to see this implemented. I would only suggest the things being added that may be cool for T’s. So like a short speed boost (like sprint), tasers,  tact grenade, med shot, etc. Honestly great idea to spice up the server.

Thought a little bit more about this and what could be included in the menu. I took some inspiration from the JB map Quake. This that you could buy could be armor, armor +kevlar, health boost, med shot, and tac awareness. A high price item could be something like a deg with one shot. All this only being able to be bought in the first 15 seconds into the round.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  82

1 hour ago, DabOfGravy said:

Thought a little bit more about this and what could be included in the menu. I took some inspiration from the JB map Quake. This that you could buy could be armor, armor +kevlar, health boost, med shot, and tac awareness. A high price item could be something like a deg with one shot. All this only being able to be bought in the first 15 seconds into the round.

i love the idea of a one-shot deag 

some other ideas could be

- a sensory grenade

- a speed boost for 7 seconds

- coinflip {die} or {usp} 

- a throwable knife

ect... let me know what you think of these

• Like 1

• Content Count:  116

On 9/14/2021 at 5:05 PM, lorax said:

This is definitely a great idea and would a really fresh add to JB, but im worried that HE grenades would be spammed and raining hellfire upon guards, smokes would be a pain and flashes would be either worse. This if implemented correctly would definitely  make JB  feel fresh and be fun as hell to play

nades tend to be pretty easy to avoid, most maps have 2 or 3 in cells anyways. Its always funny to see a ct die to nades every once in a while, it would be cool to see more fun stuff like that with people being able to choose when to get them rather than hope to spawn with one.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.