? servers

? players online

JB | add dropping grenades to gunplant rule

• Content Count:  565

With the recent update of operation 'Riptide' on September 21st, 2021 adding new mechanics/features and new maps including enabling people to drop grenade(for competitive tactics). That being said, I would like to add dropping grenades to gunplant rule(as the title suggest) 

it's not currently there in the JB rules nor Changelogs(correct me if I'm wrong) which is not directly stated that dropping grenades to t's is gunplant.

"• Gunplanting - When a CT gives a T a gun."

However I do believe this is skirting the gunplant rule while not technically directly breaking the gunplant rule

I want to add this rule for more clarification to the gunplant rule

EDIT: this is for only HE grenades im talking about

----------------------------------------

If you believe this is a good/bad idea  or alr discussed/implemented pls let me know in the comments 

• Like 4
Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  345

4 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

With the recent update of operation 'Riptide' on September 21st, 2021 adding new mechanics/features and new maps including enabling people to drop grenade(for competitive tactics). That being said, I would like to add dropping grenades to gunplant rule(as the title suggest) 

it's not currently there in the JB rules nor Changelogs(correct me if I'm wrong) which is not directly stated that dropping grenades to t's is gunplant.

"• Gunplanting - When a CT gives a T a gun."

However I do believe this is skirting the gunplant rule while not technically directly breaking the gunplant rule

I want to add this rule for more clarification to the gunplant rule

----------------------------------------

If you believe this is a good/bad idea  or alr discussed/implemented pls let me know in the comments 

gun-plant the gun is in the name, holding a grenade isnt kos, holding a pistol is i dont think having this rule will change anything honestly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lorax said:

gun-plant the gun is in the name, holding a grenade isnt kos, holding a pistol is i dont think having this rule will change anything honestly

I understand your reasoning with only guns/kos-able items should only be considered gunplant but i say otherwise. Ct's dropping grenades to T's with the intention for the T(s) to harm the CT teammates feel to me to be addressed. 

I don't believe dropping all utilities would be gunplant but i want say otherwise for grenades.

Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  1654

21 minutes ago, 20 scrolls said:

You can't be killed for throwing a grenade WITHOUT purposely trying to hurt a CT. On top of that holding grenades out is not KOS. Please stop trying to make things more complicated.

You’re definitely overreacting by saying this will make things complicated. If anything, this simplifies the understanding of gunplanting to CTs giving T’s weapons being against the rules. I completely agree with starlegend that this is just a loophole due to the new update of CTs having another item of choice to drop to the Ts that can potentially harm and kill CTs. 

I’ll suggest a wording change to the rule: 

"• Gunplanting - When a CT gives a T a gun or a HE grenade (not including smoke, flash, or decoy grenades).”

I’ll just explain now that you should keep the “(not including smoke, flash, or decoy grenades)” in the rule just to clear any misunderstandings that certain people with reading comprehension issues will have lol 

• Like 9

• Content Count:  1920

1 hour ago, Greggy G said:

You’re definitely overreacting by saying this will make things complicated. If anything, this simplifies the understanding of gunplanting to CTs giving T’s weapons being against the rules. I completely agree with starlegend that this is just a loophole due to the new update of CTs having another item of choice to drop to the Ts that can potentially harm and kill CTs. 

I’ll suggest a wording change to the rule: 

"• Gunplanting - When a CT gives a T a gun or a HE grenade (not including smoke, flash, or decoy grenades).”

I’ll just explain now that you should keep the “(not including smoke, flash, or decoy grenades)” in the rule just to clear any misunderstandings that certain people with reading comprehension issues will have lol 

To add on top of this, I think a CT dropping any sort of utility (except like a decoy) will give the Ts an advantage over them and a CT would be harming their teammates. A nicely placed flash or smoke can change the outcome of a round.

I think if we go this route, we should just not let CTs drop anything to Ts that could give them an advantage by the blanket rule of 

"Gunplanting - When a CT gives a T  a gun or utility (HE Grenades, Smokes, Flashes, and Decoys)"

It would make for the least amount of confusion and prevent any sort of team griefing. If you leave an opening for bullshit, bullshit will occur. Time has showed that, especially with this server. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 20 scrolls said:

Alright, HE grenades I can maybe get behind, but decoys and flashes? What?

Going off from @20 scrolls said, I don't think all utility drop to t(s) need to be considered as gunplant as I mentioned before. @Phoenix_  I understand your logic regarding with the reasoning behind the all utility drop restriction as JB people isn't the most rule-abiding community in the SG servers and may try to find any loopholes(for the laughs and giggles). However, dropping utility existed much before 'riptide' operation and is not a new thing for JB. It had not become a problem but I would want to keep this idea as a back-burner if it ever really becomes an actual problem.

thank you 20 scrolls for calling that out and thx phoenix for the input/suggestion regarding this rule topic. It really means alot(to me atleast)

• Like 1
Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  971

I'd really rather just keep the rule as is or make dropping all grenades to T's illegal because all grenades can make a major difference in getting CT's killed (whether directly or indirectly due to being blind or positioning in smokes) and it leads to gray areas, and those are the main issues with the JB rulebook so we should really not look into implementing more of those in the rule set.

We should really just keep rules black and white.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  764

I suggest we just keep it simple by re-wording the rule (As others mentioned) to being, Gunplanting - When a CT drops a weapon/utility to a T. Restricting certain nades in the mix would just make the rules more confusing, with the new update I think it's most simple to just to as said above ^.

Edited by Che

Reply to Thread