Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Looga

More TTT roles

So earlier I was playing PavlovVR and was playing TTT on there and they had interesting roles that I thought could be interesting for this servers TTT.

Lone Wolf- Their job is to kill everyone

Mercenary- has access to all Traitor and Detective shop items

Glitch - Innocent like a traitor to other traitors. Although, they get detective scanned as a Inno, can't access T rooms, and aren't shown at the start of the round as a traitor friend

Jester- Their job is to get killed by innos. They can shoot but can't deal damage. the innos and detective can't see that their the jester but the Traitors can see them

Assassin- they have specific targets to kill, does double damage to targets and half damage to non targets

What do you all think? I think this could be a great addition to server when it gets highly populated and could add variety to the server.

(I just realized while writing this that this is also mainly apart of the gmod ttt and not just pavlov)

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Pyro Looga said:

Lone Wolf- Their job is to kill everyone

it would be nice to add although personally would probably fit into a one time a map type of thing because of how annoying it could get being a T and just randomly getting gunned down because another role said “FUCK YA LIFE”

Mercenary- has access to all Traitor and Detective shop items

Well if they have access to both shops would they act as an inno / detective / traitor. Would there be an option / command that allows the detective or traitor to “buy” the mercenary per say?

Glitch - Innocent like a traitor to other traitors. Although, they get detective scanned as a Inno, can't access T rooms, and aren't shown at the start of the round as a traitor friend

So basically a safe guard against Ts who didn’t pay attention to who their T buddies were. nice idea makes the Ts have to be more cautious too

Jester- Their job is to get killed by innos. They can shoot but can't deal damage. the innos and detective can't see that their the jester but the Traitors can see them

Honestly I’d wonder how this would work because yeah you win the round but you gotta sit it out, would it be like among us where it automatically ends the round of the jester dies the right way? Or would they be able to haunt someone to their death like in town of Salem, just so the incentive isn’t “yeah you die and gotta wait the rest of the round but you won so congrats!”

Assassin- they have specific targets to kill, does double damage to targets and half damage to non targets

I don’t know about double damage because it feels a bit unnecessary, could try to implement one hit back stabs / something for stealth for them but for now instead of double damage they get double points and able to use more things to help them from the T shop? Keeping the half damage seems more necessary so they still have the incentive to hunt down their targets

Edited by Mikey.
colors
  • Like 1

I brought this up at the recent community meeting even bringing up the fact that it could be a better idea to run this on a second server.

I am all for adding more to the equation giving innos a way to win the round intelligently rather than with brute force, which would also require giving t's some form of update aswell.

I am also all for 3rd party roles that can alter the focus for both teams.

heres some links to roles on Gmod, maybe give them a read if anyone is actually interested in this idea!!!

This is the server that I played on gmod that gave me the idea to suggest this as an event for the server somewhere around 12 months ago:

https://gflclan.com/topic/63123-ttt-2-anarchy-list-of-all-roles-and-what-they-do/

https://yogscast.fandom.com/wiki/Garry's_Mod#Gmod_TTT_Timeline

Wayyyy too many roles considering the state of the server right now. If some of these roles were inserted or not based on player count, I think this is just the radical change TTT needs to bring a lot of the regulars back.

12 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Wayyyy too many roles considering the state of the server right now. If some of these roles were inserted or not based on player count, I think this is just the radical change TTT needs to bring a lot of the regulars back.

These are just ideas. In no way am I saying every single one of these roles need to be added. Just some food for thought to add some flavor to the kinda stagnate TTT server.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Probably would be based off of player count just cause having extra roles with low pop makes no sense. But each new role could be different based on how much it changes the game

Edited by Mikey.
grammar