The Real Slim Jim

a complaint is a complaint

Posted (edited)

a complaint from a player on the server towards another player on the server is valid based on the context of the situation, not the people in that situation.

feel free to correct me if I am wrong here but it seems like for a server that needs all the players it can get, [some of] the staff are more than happy to throw players down the drain based on past experience(s).

I don't mind the RDM culture on our TTT server as I tend to free damage people and run away like a school boy (I find it very amusing), and as I don't really care about my ranking on TTT. that being said it feels as though it is creeping into the forums side of things.

just my 2 cents so feel free to ignore me and call this a shitpost. 

Edited by The Real Slim Jim
clolo would harass me for my three dots in the title so i removed them

Honestly I'm not sure if this is even written at a 3rd grade level, so I'll just input my thoughts based on my best interpretation of what I think this post is trying to say.

I'm guessing that you think some punishments are too harsh on players and not harsh enough on staff? I know you might view our servers like restaurants where the players are the customers, but imagine a restaurant where the customers scream and break plates and throw cups at the waitresses; that's what our TTT has been like since it started dying. 

If anything, I think the approach where we're harsher and more direct with our punishments towards rule breakers is a much better way of keeping the shit regs out. Dalerjon and Lag Not Toggle are two prime examples of horrible regulars who were dealt with very differently, and I think is indicative of the higherups learning from their mistakes.

With that being said, I think the staff are doing better than ever with their approach to dealing with the main issue of TTT right now; the handful or so of asinine regulars who hurt the environment of the server.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Honestly I'm not sure if this is even written at a 3rd grade level, so I'll just input my thoughts based on my best interpretation of what I think this post is trying to say.

I'm guessing that you think some punishments are too harsh on players and not harsh enough on staff? I know you might view our servers like restaurants where the players are the customers, but imagine a restaurant where the customers scream and break plates and throw cups at the waitresses; that's what our TTT has been like since it started dying. 

If anything, I think the approach where we're harsher and more direct with our punishments towards rule breakers is a much better way of keeping the shit regs out. Dalerjon and Lag Not Toggle are two prime examples of horrible regulars who were dealt with very differently, and I think is indicative of the higherups learning from their mistakes.

With that being said, I think the staff are doing better than ever with their approach to dealing with the main issue of TTT right now; the handful or so of asinine regulars who hurt the environment of the server.

From my interpretation of Slim's post, I don't think he's talking about the harshness of punishment's against player's rather more "reverse favouritism" against players by staff. 

Personally I don't think that it's a prevalent issue but I'm sure there have been time's when a staff member/admin has been harsher with punishments based on past experience's as they should be with repeatably problematic players.

@The Real Slim Jim If you could give more specific example's to help me better understand, don't have to give exact name's but it's a little broad to get the "full picture".

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

a complaint from a player on the server towards another player on the server is valid based on the context of the situation, not the people in that situation.

Yeah and two friends can argue to an extent if it gets to excessive 90% of the time it’s dealt with. Knowing your player base and knowing being too strict on them because they said a few things to a friend or someone who doesn’t care I’d be muting more than half the server for harassment. 90% of the time the person that initiates it is the person who wants their friend punished to laugh at. Honestly as admins we are suppose to look at both whos in the situation and the context and we can determine our actions from there. If we went fully “oh yeah we don’t give a fuck if you are regs going at eachother for a bit of fun. Fuck off!” That just ruins the server for some At least. That’s just my take on it

feel free to correct me if I am wrong here but it seems like for a server that needs all the players it can get, [some of] the staff are more than happy to throw players down the drain based on past experience(s).

idk about you but depending on the person and that “past experience” if they keep repeating it, doesn’t that make you think they haven’t changed at all? But unless you are talking about personal issues between players and admins, admins are told to keep non biased n if you think someone is being targeted cause of a past experience admin complaints are a thing we can use!

I don't mind the RDM culture on our TTT server as I tend to free damage people and run away like a school boy (I find it very amusing), and as I don't really care about my ranking on TTT. that being said it feels as though it is creeping into the forums side of things.

just my 2 cents so feel free to ignore me and call this a shitpost. 

Honestly I don’t think it’s creeping into the forums cant see how RDM to forums relates in anyway? This last part is probably the most confusing part to me at least.

a lot of this is very vague, like mace said you could give some examples so it’s easier for people to understand what you mean. If you have a problem with how admins use their power. Admin complaint section + not all admins have the same style as we aren’t meant to be robots who stare at a screen everyone has their own style.

Edited by Mikey.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tbh it was a bit of a shitpost but I'll try recoup my thoughts.

God I can't wait to get throttled for this post.

@lynxiemade an admin comp

Edited by The Real Slim Jim
Edited so only special people can read the response past this shitpost part deux.

16 hours ago, Mace said:

From my interpretation of Slim's post, I don't think he's talking about the harshness of punishment's against player's rather more "reverse favouritism" against players by staff. 

Personally I don't think that it's a prevalent issue but I'm sure there have been time's when a staff member/admin has been harsher with punishments based on past experience's as they should be with repeatably problematic players.

@The Real Slim Jim If you could give more specific example's to help me better understand, don't have to give exact name's but it's a little broad to get the "full picture".

Mace is on the right track, 

I'd rather everyone liked everyone for the good of the future of our community as opposed to the whole I won't like the community bc I don't like this player or that player.

2 hours ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

Tbh it was a bit of a shitpost but I'll try recoup my thoughts.

God I can't wait to get throttled for this post.

@lynxiemade an admin comp

dude what did i even do to you

Uhhh if I am grasping what the OP is saying, I don't think what you're getting at is a giant issue. While yes, people will hold grudges against players they have had negative experiences with, I don't think staff members will go on the forums and think of an idea as less than just because of their perception of someone.

I can't give specific examples because it's more of a memory of "yeah, this happened", but I know for a fact that there have been really solid and well-thought out suggestions from players that the staff had a generally negative view on, and we took the idea seriously, discussed it, and may have even implemented it in a few cases. 

While we may view people as "pests" from time to time-- if they make a good suggestion for our servers we will be sure to take it seriously and not just discard it because it comes from x player. 

1 hour ago, lynxie said:

I think you're misinterpreting slim. He's saying he made this thread over you making an admin complaint that was pretty quickly rejected, and he may have felt bias against you was at play (there wasn't, we do our best to keep our rulings as fair as possible, no matter who makes the complaint). 

• Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 5:32 AM, The Real Slim Jim said:

If some staff members are being abrasive towards our players there is a staff complaint section for you to use to your benefit. I get that challenging some of our staff my seem daunting due to rank. But as Phoenix stated above no staff member will look at your post and hold your past against you, your posts, especially complaints are valid.

7 hours ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

I'd rather everyone liked everyone for the good of the future of our community as opposed to the whole I won't like the community bc I don't like this player or that player.

100% agree with you here this is something everyone should be striving for. Continuity of our community is something we all should be gunning for. Unfortunately there will always be people who butt head and don't innately like each other Its impossible to avoid, what matters is that people don't blow it out of proportion and make it into something that becomes a problem for the community.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lynxie said:

14 hours ago, Phoenix_ said:

I think you're misinterpreting slim. He's saying he made this thread over you making an admin complaint that was pretty quickly rejected, and he may have felt bias against you was at play (there wasn't, we do our best to keep our rulings as fair as possible, no matter who makes the complaint). 

this is accurate.

10 hours ago, Hawks said:

hat matters is that people don't blow it out of proportion and make it into something that becomes a problem for the community.

pretty sure that is what I did here lol

time to take a chill pill I think.

• Like 1