? servers

? players online

Current state of Jailbreak

• Content Count:  3

Hello, 

I'm Kyle, and I've been playing on the Jailbreak server almost daily for the past three months.  I have a lot of respect for the staff and the community, and I firmly believe the jailbreak server can be better. I believe some rule changes need to be made to improve the server. Gameplay gets boring fast (which shouldn't happen in JB right?" . Here are some of the things that I think are issues 

1. Ts rarely ever get to play the map 

2. guards just say "freeday no past first cell" or like freeday in iso, medic, and that gets boring for Ts and CTs because yeah, most of the time you're doing nothing until 2:30 

Suggestions:

1. Allow guards to force death games at 3:00 instead of 2:30

I know this organization has been around for some time, so I'm sorry if I disrespected anyone. I just wanted to have an open discussion and see if you guys felt the same way or had any comments/suggestions. Thank you for reading. I'll still continue to play so I'll see y'all on 😀

• Like 2
Edited by kyote
clarification

• Content Count:  615

1 hour ago, kyote said:

There is no real need to change the death game time as guards can do optional death games at any point in the round by simply saying "All ts that want to do an optional death game got to my marker" but i get that not a lot of guards do this and not a lot use the map games when they do.

1 hour ago, kyote said:

2. guards just say "freeday no past first cell" or like freeday in iso, medic, and that gets boring for Ts and CTs because yeah, most of the time you're doing nothing until 2:30 

These two kind of go hand in hand. The cts give freedays so that ts can explore the map(If they so choose) and gives the guards a small break from barking orders over the mic. Now if they are doing this every round just let them know that they are supposed to be giving different orders every round or at least not the same orders for more than 2 rounds in a row. 
For the most part if the cts do what they are supposed to do it shouldn't get boring as fast. and if the cts are not doing these things you could always hop on ct your self (Given that the ratio wont be messed up if you do) and lead by example (Not a lot of the guards know about these things such as the optional death games or repeated orders). and if it comes down to it you can always call an admin to lend a hand our staff team is always willing to lend a hand to keep the servers fun.

If you have anymore concerns feel free to dm me or make/add to this post and i will try my best to help you out.
Have fun man! 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1920

5 hours ago, kyote said:

I believe some rule changes need to be made to improve the server. Gameplay gets boring fast (which shouldn't happen in JB right?" . Here are some of the things that I think are issues 

This ultimately comes down to the quality of the orders given by the CTs. This has been a topic for years now in terms of the quality of our CTs and the orders they give. We can only enforce the "don't give repeat orders" so hard without potentially giving players less freedom on how to play the gamemode. Unfortunately there's always waves of CTs that invent a new "meta" order that gives them the most control over the Ts while simultaneously allowing openings for warning shots and increasing their K/Ds if they get to kill (see: Take a step out, face the back, crouch, and knife the ground, and crouch walk orders (which are now banned)). At times it really only seems the most we can do is politely nudge CTs to give interactive and fresh orders, which can be difficult for the typical JB player, as they all share one braincell :classic_tongue:

5 hours ago, kyote said:

guards just say "freeday no past first cell" or like freeday in iso, medic, and that gets boring for Ts and CTs because yeah, most of the time you're doing nothing until 2:30 

If you ask me, freedays are essentially war days on our server. When (at least me personally) giving a freeday, I try to include areas of the map with weapons and secrets that allow the Ts to rebel. As long as freedays are used in moderation, it can be a wonderful way for Ts to find creative ways to rebel especially when you know that CTs are probably camping certain teleports and secrets. 

5 hours ago, kyote said:

Given all maps are currently at 5 minutes long, I don't think this would be healthy for the server. Usually people aren't even moved past the first order by 4:15, and on a map like vip, you're still probably in big cage or something similar by 3:30-ish. The time being 2:30 allows, and even coerces CTs to give orders until that point. 

5 hours ago, kyote said:

I know this organization has been around for some time, so I'm sorry if I disrespected anyone. I just wanted to have an open discussion and see if you guys felt the same way or had any comments/suggestions. Thank you for reading. I'll still continue to play so I'll see y'all on 😀

Absolutely no disrespect taken. As staff members, we love hearing from our regs we may not usually hear from. If you have more suggestions in the future please don't hesitate to make another thread or just start chatting it up in Discord. Thank you for suggesting this, regardless if anything comes from it or not.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

Maybe I'm just biased, but the Jailbreak I grew to enjoy was focused on rebelling and the CT's not usually being good enough to drag the round out until death games. I think there are bigger issues with the server at hand right now rather than the loose environment the server has had for years.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  193

39 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Maybe I'm just biased, but the Jailbreak I grew to enjoy was focused on rebelling and the CT's not usually being good enough to drag the round out until death games. I think there are bigger issues with the server at hand right now rather than the loose environment the server has had for years.

Full on defined how jb is.

• Content Count:  4441

I had some good thoughts and I do miss Jailbreak in general.

Any map that is letting the T's get fucked straight from main cell is just a bad map. So if you're ever on a map like that suggest a removal, edit, and RTV that shit FAST. Weapons and stuff can be stripper cfg'd into maps or maps themselves can be edited fairly easily (if nothing breaks). T's usually win greater than 70% of the time so I'm not even sure if the argument has any actual footing or stats behind it. I think even if it happens a few times it could still be an issue so... there could maybe be some solutions to stop it:

I think the solution proposed here about making the deathgame timer shorter is really only going to make things worse though... If the T's don't get to play the map because a rule is not being followed (repeating orders), making them not able to play the map because they'll be shuffled off to a deathgame to die sooner seems like a bad way to fix that. Also, don't freedays LET people play the map? Freedays= Let people play the map to its max. Nazi Orders= Stare at wall till 3:00 then die like dogs. Too many freedays are boring 100% loss for CT's. Too little freedays makes you have no fun at all. This is why repeating orders is AGAINST the rules and you're supposed to give new orders periodically. Moving Prisoners implies risk.

Way back (2016-ish) a lot of us pushed up against deathgames being added. Caution and Delirium were literally on JB putting people in Isolation and playing fish in a barrel with them from round start, it was funny. If deathgames are allowed 3 minutes or more from the time of Round Start, I think that should get rid of a lot of the fuckery involved and give people a chance to rebel. If people aren't rebelling the server will feel more cancer annoying to play for sure. I think it's a failure of people following the rules if serial freedays (repeating orders) or strict orders that have someone facing a wall or being in a pit for minutes is happening too often tho. These 2 things heavily exacerbate the issue and aren't fun. One of them is against the rules though, the other isn't. T's are allowed to play like pussies or be assholes at the peril of their own teammates up until they're teamkilling them. 

I honestly haven't experienced feeling so oppressed by the CT's that a rule change would be necessary. Something I've seen a lot of, and experienced the handful of times I log on is that I will give an actual order, and some random kid conflicts it giving a freeday (repeat that 20x) while telling me he's allowed to do that. Actual orders ALWAYS supersede Freedays. These are people I've seen apply for admin, make forums accounts, who regularly play the server and have friend groups around the server. When I see that or see threads that are asking about something that is included in the rules it makes me feel like the playerbase is so scattered that there is just no respect around the structure of the server. People log on and loosely follow the rules, then you just have 20 people who have their own version of the rules in their head hurting people's fun. Rules are not there to inhibit fun, and should be used sparingly to create a better RP or allow for creativity but- they should also be followed.

I think a reasonable solution to this is greater scrutiny on people doing these things. If it bothers you, make these threads, become an admin/report people and you'll be able to enforce the rules that were made to keep everyone having fun. Bad maps being removed or edited keeps things fun too. I'm the kind of guy who will rebel from before the first order was given because I've played long enough to know that after the first order the guards just surround you and your chance drops significantly unless you find an amazing angle. People serially vote for Razor because it's fair/fun this way, straight from your cell many of you and your teammates have been given opportunity. Razor is never NOT fun whether your teammates are shit or the CT's are KGB. 

Thank you for reading my thesis on JB.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.