? servers

? players online

808s & Heartbreak Live

• Content Count:  971

With all the dumb shit Kanye's been on recently, I figured I'd flip the page and talk about one of the live sets I found last night. Apparently Kanye has only performed 808s in its entirety a single time, 7 years after its release in 2015 at the Hollywood Bowl. I found the performance last night and it fucking shook me. This is one of my new favorite performances done by any artist. Honestly idk how I've never seen or heard of this set. Bad News and Street Lights in this are unbelievable.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2694

hey, thanks for this. this was pretty cool. 808s is such an important album to me. it was really nice to hear street lights performed live because it is one of my favorite songs of all time. might be cliche sounding or whatever but the album has seriously helped me through some rough times in my life. the whole album is orchestrated so well. the order in which he arranged the songs is so great and the album ending off with pinocchio story is gut wrenching. heartless reminds me of a song that would be listened to by a cowboy wandering the desert. if that makes sense. it has that feel to it and i think kanye purposely did that. almost sounds like a country song. i wish kanye kept that drake song for this album. i dont remember the name but it goes like this "i better find your love and something something. all my love and nothing something something" i dont remember exactly but that was great. theres a version on youtube of it.

im a big kanye fan. massive fan. big fan. huge fan. im a fan of kanye west's music. man is it so hard to see how he's been acting these past couple of years and more so recently. it's clear that this guy just isn't right and he needs help but the guy is surrounded by people who wont tell him that. obviously i dont know the guy and this is making it seem like im strayzz talking about xqc or something but when he does have people in his life who tell him the truth, it seems like he pushes them away. he pushed away cudi and several other close friends of his. it's not easy battling a mental illness especially when you couple it with a drug problem that you developed because of that mental illness. with the whole kim thing, i definitely see where kanye is coming from but he's just crossed the line far too many times. yeah sometimes the things he posts on instagram are funny but truthfully its just sad. dude's going through it and he's got no one to comfort him. i wish i could snuggle up next to him, big spoon him under a 50 pound weighted blanket, and watch our favorite movies together. maybe he could big spoon me. who knows. we're going through the same things. i wouldn't mind being little spooned. i actually love it. its all up to him though. he can do whatever he wants. the whole donda 2 and stemplayer thing is a mess. i downloaded the "first iteration" of the album that was uploaded to the stemplayer website and it was good but like cmon man. how could you go from making mbdtf, yeezus, tlop, and then you dont drop yandhi, make jesus is king, redeem yourself with ye and kids see ghosts, donda, and then you go and drop donda 2. fuck flowers is a great song and theres some good songs on there but damn. its rough. maybe i'll listen to it again when its finished in its entirety. i listen to yeezus in its entirety whenever i go to the gym. its one of my favorite albums of all time and i wish he made more music like that. i love the harsh brutalism of the beats. there were a couple of songs on donda 2 that were yeezus-esque but meh. i dont think i have anything else to say. if i do it'll come back to me. thank you.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread