Yeah, the current state of TTT is still terrible since the last TTT community meeting. Old regs are not getting on because the gameplay isn't as fun as before, and something needs to change. You could argue that there is a lack of feedback, so no changes have been made, But the problem is the lack of motivation from the staff that runs the server. I have not seen anyone taking responsibility and accepting the current situation. We need to change this around, and I cannot stand and see my favorite server just run into the dumps. 

So, what are the following steps to populate TTT? My suggestion could be to run weekly events and give players free VIP (for a week?) after X amount of playtime. Possibly create an event where innocents can have their menu? Who knows, the possibilities are endless. But, you need to step out of your comfort zone and make that changes. I hope to see some positive changes in the coming days for TTT. I rather see TTT with 10 solid player base than 0. 

spacer.png

• Like 8

Once summer comes around I can try to step up and seed. I have some idea's for TTT that may bring some people back but I can't promise I will have much of an impact but I can see if I can get some people on. For the moment though with finals coming up I don't expect TTT to get much of a boost before summer. But I do agree that in order for just TTT to come back there needs to be more at this point than just enjoyment. Maybe another Karma Contest to get a push of people no lifeing the servers for their anime models to be added on. I just don't think that the basic one day juggernaut copy paste events are going to help out with keeping it alive rather than a boost of 15 players on one map.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hypno said:

Once summer comes around I can try to step up and seed. I have some idea's for TTT that may bring some people back but I can't promise I will have much of an impact but I can see if I can get some people on. For the moment though with finals coming up I don't expect TTT to get much of a boost before summer. But I do agree that in order for just TTT to come back there needs to be more at this point than just enjoyment. Maybe another Karma Contest to get a push of people no lifeing the servers for their anime models to be added on. I just don't think that the basic one day juggernaut copy paste events are going to help out with keeping it alive rather than a boost of 15 players on one map.

Agreed, I feel like if more regs get together the server can atleast be stable in population. I kinda want a lenient gameplay where people can mess around and have fun rather having hard ass admins. Who knows summer is around the corner and so we got time. 

12 minutes ago, Creten said:

Can’t believe someone hasn’t tried this already, good idea!

Crazy how the ranks went down after? It must've been the lack of motivation from the previous managers. At least TTT finally has light to improve :)

5 minutes ago, Ned said:

Crazy how the ranks went down after? It must've been the lack of motivation from the previous managers. At least TTT finally has light to improve :)

If the previous managers tried what you suggested, why do you think the outcome will be different this time? Genuinely curious

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ned said:

So, what are the following steps to populate TTT? My suggestion could be to run weekly events and give players free VIP (for a week?) after X amount of playtime. Possibly create an event where innocents can have their menu? Who knows, the possibilities are endless. But, you need to step out of your comfort zone and make that changes. I hope to see some positive changes in the coming days for TTT. I rather see TTT with 10 solid player base than 0. 

I don't play TTT, but the weekly events are not a bad idea at all and were even attempted; they keep things fresh, and there is stuff to do every week, and it seems like a good idea for any server we have. I think if there is another go, ET has to be serious about it this time. The events team promoted some people to make events for the server specifically, and hardly any were being made by them (whether it be some IRL stuff or just lack of motivation cause of the server population) and the only people carrying the load were the SMs and that's a lot less people working as intended. I think for it to work, I think CAs especially should be involved in the process for it to keep the train running and have a successful 2nd attempt at it IMO.

Edited by Strayyz
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, BoM said:

@Nedyou want SM?

👀 Only if @kabLe  stops buying 4 for 4 and upgrade to 5 for 4

• Like 4

if cringe banter could revive the servers, you guys would be the greatest fucking managers of all time

• Like 21

Honestly give it up man. Either we wait and hope for some reason summer has an effect, or we can try seeding and events, etc to revive it. But even then whats the point.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Problem is we had losers like @Trazz and @Gentoo come in to manager and intentionally ruin the server. I stepped in to keep that Gentoo scum in his place for a while, but then more ultra losers like @Creten just couldn't fill in my shoes when I left.

I say fuck it and full send it. Change the gamemode. Be different from the rest. For me TTT became stale because of how simple and one dimensional it is. Innocent rounds, being majority of the rounds I played, were boring as hell, and a few shop items never changed that. I attempted too many pussy changes as manager thinking it was the solution, the idea to make the game exciting again. To me, people are just falling out of love with classic TTT.

I was previously against it, but a massive subrole revamp might honestly be an amazing idea. People seem to eat brain-game role shit up nowadays; even Among Us added some weird ass roles to their game. I would love to get on some revamped TTT Town of Salem hybrid server. I'd play the shit out of it. Bara is a nerd and would probably code it. If not, pay someone in house to make it.

Everyone can point the finger at each other but the reality is there really isn't much of a TTT following anymore, and what's left is at eGO (only place with pop). I don't think that following is going to build itself back up anytime soon. We should do something different and build our own following. Not much to lose but there could be a lot to gain.

Edited by Kieran
  • Like 9

It was never about the gamemode, it was about the community. Staffs job was to stay out of the way and not fuck things up while introducing changes to keep things fresh and polished. Look at JB, look at ZE. Did our servers fall behind others in terms of development in some crucial way? Are other servers doing something wacky and kooky to keep people invested? No. Our servers still mop the floor in some regards compared to others. The community wasn't effectively brought into SG as a whole, people weren't actively putting in effort to get on and make the server fun for people, staff fell out of touch with the community they represent, or something massively divisive was done with or without regard for the potential fallout. 

It's not too late to come back from this, but it's a consistent, slow trudge. December of 2020 @Kieranand I got busy with life and exams and let the server fall into a slump. Granted there was still a pulse, but it was pretty dismal. Wonder how we fixed it? We got on every day, invited people in shoutbox, discord, interacted with people, hosted events. We didn't need to add ray guns or kill streaks (not for lack of consideration). I've not seen effort like this put in by staff since I've left. I wasn't here all the time so I can't say for certain, but every time I poked in and tried to get people on board they were busy or had some other game to play. Maybe some massive effort went on while I was away, but I have my doubts. So stop saying, "why would it work this time" or "how is this gonna be any different" when it wasn't done properly the first time. I get it, life happens and people get burnt out or busy, but that doesn't mean someone with more energy can't come behind you and make things happen.

I don't think the server needs some big overhaul or dramatic change, our server was always nice because of how faithful to the gamemode it was and how free players were to do things their way, but if someone has the time and motivation to make that happen, it can't make things any worse.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I was previously against it, but a massive subrole revamp might honestly be an amazing idea. People seem to eat brain-game role shit up nowadays; even Among Us added some weird ass roles to their game. I would love to get on some revamped TTT Town of Salem hybrid server. I'd play the shit out of it. Bara is a nerd and would probably code it. If not, pay someone in house to make it.

Was in the works when I left, was put on pause for a while because plugin author ghosted BoTo and I. We eventually got things situated out. Plan was to get a sub role out for every current role and go from there. Whoever the next manager is should definitely continue with this. Really only seen this done on GMOD and it genuinely gives it an extra playing more core TTT aspect in my opinion. Hopefully whoever the next manager is can continue to follow the path I wanted to go down with it. 

Edited by Creten
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Gentoo said:

Look at JB, look at ZE. Did our servers fall behind others in terms of development in some crucial way? Are other servers doing something wacky and kooky to keep people invested? No.

Enough time has passed where this is true now like how GFL or some other community has subroles but at this point, always blaming the community and trying to squeeze a dry rag of getting people on is not going to work anymore. Hypothetically, if you have a server that you don't want to play, what makes you think anyone else wants to play it? I don't really think this got through many people's heads and once they got burnt out, it repeated until we didn't really have anyone else left willing to fill in the shoes of maintaining mediocre servers.

It's a mix of developing a server around a new idea that is actually good enough to build off of and actually having fun playing it, and I think sub-roles was a good step in that direction; However, the most we have been doing is following in other people's footsteps in regards to every server.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kieran said:

I say fuck it and full send it. Change the gamemode. Be different from the rest. For me TTT became stale because of how simple and one dimensional it is. Innocent rounds, being majority of the rounds I played, were boring as hell, and a few shop items never changed that. I attempted too many pussy changes as manager thinking it was the solution, the idea to make the game exciting again. To me, people are just falling out of love with classic TTT.

Everyone can point the finger at each other but the reality is there really isn't much of a TTT following anymore, and what's left is at eGO (only place with pop). I don't think that following is going to build itself back up anytime soon. We should do something different and build our own following. Not much to lose but there could be a lot to gain.

Fully agree with this bitch here.

Playing the bland-old TTT just got too boring for me and others. The only reason why I would continuously hop on TTT is because of the community. You could play with your friends while being in discord and just mess around. It was fun randomly sniping them in the head or randomly KOS'ing them while other people were talking which would lead to some confusion and plenty of laughter (don't shit your pants... the kos'ing barely happened). You would also just have the normal TTT heads causing funny moments and directly adding thoughts and ideas towards server.

TTT itself just got too stale. The innocent menu and more T items definitely helped, but was more of a short-term solution. The sub-roles you guys were planning to add would have done the exact same thing. What we need is just something completely different. My suggestion is to brainstorm ideas and post it in a thread to see how people react to them. Get the community to vote on things to get added so THEY continuously play. Shit, make a thread where people can comment their serious ideas and delete anyone's response that tries to shit/troll on it so it doesn't derail. 

The same goes for every server tbh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chad said:

Get the community to vote on things to get added so THEY continuously play. Shit, make a thread where people can comment their serious ideas and delete anyone's response that tries to shit/troll on it so it doesn't derail. 

Never got around to adding them while I was SM because our main focus was on getting sub-roles out. I’m hoping the next SM, whoever it is, can pick up where we left off.